Okay, so U2 lost Album of the Year...but how about Mary J.Blige? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Your Blue Room > Everything You Know Is Wrong > Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 02-28-2002, 02:33 AM   #1
Refugee

Local Time: 06:39 PM
Okay, so U2 lost Album of the Year...but how about Mary J.Blige?

I don't care what you all think, Blige's performance of "No More Drama" was a classic Grammy moment. I almost jumped out of my seat when she started jumping up and down. That's a moving performance...even by U2's standards.

U2 has won awards for Stuck in a Moment, Beautiful Day, Elevation, and Walk On, but nothing compares to that performance

Old 02-28-2002, 02:38 AM   #2
War Child

Local Time: 04:39 PM
Mary J's performance highlighted the fact that ALICIA KEYES is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over rated. The fact that Keyes won best R&B album over Mary J is a crime. I've listened to Keyes' album and I feel that it was the most over rated album of the year. The fact that they compare her to Lauryn Hill is comic.

Old 02-28-2002, 02:44 AM   #3
Refugee

I completely agree. Blige proved to be the better performer. Alicia Keyes may be talented, but I think she's got a while before she can belt out an emotional performance like Blige. Keyes needs encouragement, because she's definitely a prospect, but you know that Blige poured her heart out into her album. Keyes seems to be taking the "safe" road with her rookie start. Her songs are bland and too traditional to make me impressed. India Aire's song "Video" was cool. I'd never heard it before, but now I'm interested in her other work. Keyes DID seem overrated, and I have no desire to listen to more of her sweeping ballads. I'm glad Grammmy voters gave U2 record of the year, because I seriously doubt that Keyes will be worthy of those awards in ten years.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:20 AM   #4
War Child

Quote:
Originally posted by ultraviolet353:
Mary J's performance highlighted the fact that ALICIA KEYES is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo over rated. The fact that Keyes won best R&B album over Mary J is a crime. I've listened to Keyes' album and I feel that it was the most over rated album of the year. The fact that they compare her to Lauryn Hill is comic.

Yup yup I agree big time. I love me some Mary J Blige. She is a true R&B modern legend and will one day be recognized as such.
Old 02-28-2002, 03:28 AM   #5
I serve MacPhisto

Local Time: 05:39 PM
What in the hell is in the water up there in Stillwater Danno??

Seriously, I liked Mary J's performance a lot, but after watching 'walk on' again I think you are crazy and maybe even a little bit loopy.

Next your'e gonna tell me how the Cowboys are better than the Sonners

------------------
The hunter gets captured by the game
Old 02-28-2002, 06:28 AM   #6
New Yorker

Yes! Mary J deserved a grammy just for that performance alone!
Old 02-28-2002, 08:25 AM   #7
The Fly

Local Time: 11:39 PM
I completely agree Mary J. Blige's performance was awesome. Does anyone know if there are mp3s posted somewhere for the other performances?

Thanks.

Old 02-28-2002, 08:52 AM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
FOB

Local Time: 07:39 PM
Mary J. Blige gave THE best performnce at the Grammies! I could not believe it. I almost cried just watching. That is what the live performance is all about. Everyone in that hall was on their feet after she was done. I'm sure many folks were on their feet at home as well. Give it up for Mary J!

------------------
The goal is ELEVATION!
Old 02-28-2002, 10:32 AM   #9
Acrobat

Local Time: 11:39 PM
Mary J is probably one of my favorite R n B artists.. she has an amazing voice, i love it!