Okay, Seriously, WHEN THE HELL WILL IT LEAK? (Part 5)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There's a part of me that wants to respect the artist
And there's a part of you that wants me to leak it...
Everybody needs to cry about the puns or needs to spit out puns...
U2 needed GOYB to be a bigger hit....
Every beautiful song needs to be emailed to this idiot!!!!
How can you listen to a CD and then not steal it???????
Oh, think about the rest of us who don't have it....
It's not a leeeek it's a virus as you start out the download....

:laugh:

The first person on this forum to get a copy of the album will probably start a thread no matter how much people try to organize it, so why are people worried about this thread?

I heard it will leak via CD and iTunes on March 3rd.... unconfirmed though.

I agree that the leak jokes are old and annoying, but honestly if people are looking to this thread for OFFICIAL NEWS then they are looking in the wrong place. The second that thing leaks Sicy will update her thread at the top of the page so that people can check it. Thats what its there for and thats why its locked.

how about the ones for a lock, just stay away from the thread? then we're all satisfied.

I'm just saying that if the thread were to be closed when there's no news, when it's reopened, we'll know that there IS news. If we're not looking for news here, what's the point of this thread?

I'm just saying that if the thread were to be closed when there's no news, when it's reopened, we'll know that there IS news. If we're not looking for news here, what's the point of this thread?
Honestly, I don't think it had one to begin with...:wink:

I agree that the leak jokes are old and annoying, but honestly if people are looking to this thread for OFFICIAL NEWS then they are looking in the wrong place. The second that thing leaks Sicy will update her thread at the top of the page so that people can check it. Thats what its there for and thats why its locked.

yes but it's nice to be able to stay on top of the rumors. i dont take this as an official news thread...but it once was about alan cross and the rumors there, and artdirectors source, etc. it just sucks to have to wade through 50 pages of the same stuff.

Man, people are angry.

I'm 30, old enough to remember when you actually had to wait to buy the CD in the store at midnight... I remember getting it for POP.

And you know what, that's better.

We are actually ruining this for ourselves.

Man, people are angry.

I'm 30, old enough to remember when you actually had to wait to buy the CD in the store at midnight... I remember getting it for POP.

Speak for yourself old-timer! :wink:

Man, people are angry.

I've bought albums when they debuted and they sucked. I've downloaded albums early and they were fantastic.

I've bought albums when they debuted and they were fantastic. I've downloaded albums early and they sucked.

It really doesn't matter.

Ruining it for ourselves? Nahhhh. I went out in 2005 and bought Never Gone by the Backstreet Boys at midnight, even though I'd downloaded the leaked songs the week before. So I'll probably STILL go get NLOTH either at midnight or the day of release even if I already have the album downloaded.

But people are having fun. So why deny them? Nothing lost.

And you really never heard of Poland before??

If I didn't have school the next day, I'd probably go to Waterloo Records (an awesome downtown Austin independent record store) and wait in line at midnight on the third to buy the album, despite the fact that I'll have heard it, by, at the latest, the 27th.

Oh, and on the topic of making semi-clever alterations to song names, here's a few to sum up the financial crises of the last year:

Bail Me Out - Franz Ferdinand
Crash (Into Me) (S&P mix) - Dave Matthews Band
Stayin' Alive - Bee Gees (w/guest vocals by Dick Fuld)

But people are having fun. So why deny them? Nothing lost.

And you really never heard of Poland before??

You know what would be fun for me? Logging onto interference and knowing the status of the leak without having to wade through pages of bitching/puns/musings. That would make my day.

Man, people are angry.

We're hearing the album either way as long as the leak is in decent quality and is all of the songs how is it really different?

And if the album sucks, you've wasted 15 minutes downloading an album as opposed to 15 euro buying an album you don't want to listen to again.

The anticipation is the fun part... after you've heard it (format doesn't matter) you can never hear it again for the first time. After only a few listens it's still not "brand new" U2.

That is my point.

I wish there was no leak so I could wait... enjoy the build up... look forward to March 3rd U2 day...

Like anything you love, you always want more... but it's like saving a piece of candy that you can never get again to eat at a later date... sure it will taste great today... but after that, it's gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom