Ok, time to admit. I can't/won't ever buy 'Boy'

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
joyfulgirl said:

It certainly put quite the damper on our little email reunion. There I was all ready to relive the tumbles-in-the-hay of the wild abandon of my youth and first love, but the flame went poof in seconds flat. :(

Probably much to his dismay! LOL!

"No wait - did I say I hated Bono? Silly me, I meant LOVE Bono. Yeah, that's it - love. Now will you have sex with me?" :sexywink:

I can't imagine not having An Cat Dubh/Into the Heart or Electric Co. from Boy at my finger tips!

I also LOVE Two Hearts Beat as One from War - it's one of my all time favorites! I think it's Bono's #1 LOVE song to date. Plus it's quite awesome to dance to!

Of course, I also LOVE the better known songs from those albums, I will Follow, Out of Control, Sunday, Bloody Sunday and New Year's Day.

I like Doctor Who's suggestion of renting Under a Blood Red Sky to get more of a feel for that Era.

OMG and did I forget to mention 40? That's my son's favorite song!

Damn, girl, I'm half-tempted to buy you one of them and mail it to you.

I've done it for people before, ya know!

I have to admit my love affair with u2 started with War, and I hardly ever play Boy or October, only the singles or the odd good album track (A day without me). It was New Years Day that first got my attention to u2 and its on the War album, and I found I preferred that u2 sound to that of Boy and October. Bear in mind some U2 fans can't even get themselves to go back past Pop!

Personally, I find "Boy" interesting. Plus--this is going to sound really cheesy--"I Will Follow" is a sentimental favorite of mine because it's the first U2 song I ever heard, and it did knock my socks off. I was almost shocked when I first heard it because I'm from a very conservative part of the U.S. (the "Deep South", totally under the control of the Southern Baptist Convention--no offense to cool Southern Baptists, but no thanks to the leadership) and we were getting mostly bland, boring pablum on the stupid radio stations. But I agree, there's no sense in having every single thing they've ever come out with. I also agree with early U2 not being as good as the later stuff, simply because they were raw, inexpeienced and had alot of improving to do in the early days--and heck, the band itself know this. I remember reading where they don't even like to listen to the early stuff. Bono doesn't like his vocals. I'd rather listen to ATYCLB or Zooropa than Boy or War myself (I LOVE "Surrender", however--it is, in my opinion, their first really great song). I chose to buy it, however I can understand why people wouldn't want to. :yes: :yes:

Back
Top Bottom