Ok, i'm back. I'm a fair U2_Guy...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

U2_Guy

Refugee
I'm back.

I'm back to say the lyrics are really great. And i don't need the music to "judge" the lyrics.

They are giving me an AB/Pop feeling. Really. It's deep, it's personal, it's in yer face, it's creative, it's mysteryous, it's dark, it's sexy. Everything i didn't have in ATYCLB.

Highlights: Miracle Drug (now that's a wonderful lyric..."I want to trip inside your head
Spend the day there…
To hear the things you haven’t said
And see what you might see").

It's like a man or a woman who can't communicate anymore with his/her lover and wants to trip inside his/her head to see/feel the things they are failing to say... But, of course, it's also the touching story of that writer who won a Nobel... So, it's dubious msg, dubious interpretation like One or WOWY. The best U2 lyrics are like that...

SYCMIOYO, LAPOE, AMAAW, OSC, OFTS, Yahew and FC are in the same level. They are really good stuff.

The weak lyrics here seems to be Vertigo and COBL... COBL says really nothing to me.

ABOF and CFYT are very good too. Not brilliant, but better than half of the lyrics on ATYCLB.

I'm a fair guy. I applaud when i have to.

In terms of lyrics, it's one of the best U2 records. For sure. In terms of lyrics...

And for all the americans who hated me on my last post: of course 300 millions of americans can't be ignorant. But why guys like Bush/Cheney get 50% of voters? Are you aware of the image America have all around the world right now? They made a poll here and if we voted, Kerry would won with 90% of the votes. And i read it would be similar in many countries, including England.

So, take your fat asses off of the chair and go vote for Kerry. Go make a difference. And no, i don't respect Bush voters.

Welcome back. I hope you saw my apology from the last thread, though we never fought about the US/Portugal thing, just the music.

And you are correct, it is about 150 million Americans that are ignorant. Go vote on Tuesday everyone, and please make it for Kerry!

I am sure I will get flamed some now too. :wink:

bsp77 said:
Welcome back. I hope you saw my apology from the last thread, though we never fought about the US/Portugal thing, just the music.

And you are correct, it is about 150 million Americans that are ignorant. Go vote on Tuesday everyone, and please make it for Kerry!

I am sure I will get flamed some now too. :wink:

No need for apologizes. I was very rough too cause i go off when i get too nervous. I gotta work this flaw i have. It hurts the ppl that i love the most sometimes. I need to dismantle myself sometimes.

I'm afraid to look like Kerry's paying me or something, but please americans, elect Kerry. It's not a US election only. It's a world election cause unfortunatelly the US rules the world. So the american president is the president of the world. Sad but true.

Woo hoo, U2_Guy's back.

Unfortunately, where I live my vote doesn't count much, (cause Bush will probably win here), but I'm looking into this Vote swap thing that I heard about on the news today.

Welcome Back.

U2_Guy said:
I'm back.

I'm back to say the lyrics are really great. And i don't need the music to "judge" the lyrics.

They are giving me an AB/Pop feeling. Really. It's deep, it's personal, it's in yer face, it's creative, it's mysteryous, it's dark, it's sexy. Everything i didn't have in ATYCLB.

Highlights: Miracle Drug (now that's a wonderful lyric..."I want to trip inside your head
Spend the day there…

It's like a man or a woman who can't communicate anymore with his/her lover and wants to trip inside his/her head to see/feel the things they are failing to say... But, of course, it's also the touching story of that writer who won a Nobel... So, it's dubious msg, dubious interpretation like One or WOWY. The best U2 lyrics are like that...

SYCMIOYO, LAPOE, AMAAW, OSC, OFTS, Yahew and FC are in the same level. They are really good stuff.

The weak lyrics here seems to be Vertigo and COBL... COBL says really nothing to me.

ABOF and CFYT are very good too. Not brilliant, but better than half of the lyrics on ATYCLB.

In terms of lyrics, it's one of the best U2 records. For sure. In terms of lyrics...

And for all the americans who hated me on my last post: of course 300 millions of americans can't be ignorant. But why guys like Bush/Cheney get 50% of voters? Are you aware of the image America have all around the world right now? They made a poll here and if we voted, Kerry would won with 90% of the votes. And i read it would be similar in many countries, including England.

So, take your fat asses off of the chair and go vote for Kerry. Go make a difference. And no, i don't respect Bush voters.

That is really ignorant!! I mean, come on! That is complete political immaturity. GROW UP! You're right 50% of Americans do support Bush/Cheney. So what you're saying is that you disrespect half of your country. That is just plain silly. I don't mind if you share your political views. I hate when people like you make it personal. It's just politics. Leave it at that. If you want to support Kerry, then do that. Don't belittle people who share the same ideologies as the Bush camp. It's just not the mature thing to do!!

Re: Re: Ok, i'm back. I'm a fair U2_Guy...

boosterjuice said:

It's just politics. Leave it at that.

No, it's not just politics. It's a matter of life or death for thousands around the world. It matters for Iraq, it matters for Afheganistan, it matters for Africa etc. What's the next country Bush/Cheney will invade and kill thousands?

So don't be stupid. It's safe for you in your canuck land. But it's not like that for the rest.

I wish it was just politics...

U2_Guy said:
I'm back.

Spend the day there…

I was just about to gladly welcome you back...

but then I read your last comments.

Comments like that piss me off. Please keep it to FYM!!

boosterjuice said:

That is really ignorant!! I mean, come on! That is complete political immaturity. GROW UP! You're right 50% of Americans do support Bush/Cheney. So what you're saying is that you disrespect half of your country. That is just plain silly. I don't mind if you share your political views. I hate when people like you make it personal. It's just politics. Leave it at that. If you want to support Kerry, then do that. Don't belittle people who share the same ideologies as the Bush camp. It's just not the mature thing to do!!

It is not half of his country, he doesn't live here. And yes, I do look down on Bush supporters. I usually don't make politics personal, but when some idiot is destroying the world, then I look down on the ignorant masses that follow.

Headache in a Suitcase said:

:wave:we don't respect you either

:

That's clear, my boy! You and your monkey Bush don't respect anything that isn't money/petrol, drinks and wars!

No surprise son!

Re: Re: Re: Ok, i'm back. I'm a fair U2_Guy...

U2_Guy said:

No, it's not just politics. It's a matter of life or death for thousands around the world. It matters for Iraq, it matters for Afheganistan, it matters for Africa etc. What's the next country Bush/Cheney will invade and kill thousands?

So don't be stupid. It's safe for you in your canuck land. But it's not like that for the rest.

I wish it was just politics...

i agree with your politics, but i think the point people are trying to make is that there are coherent arguments to be made in regards to the decisions made by the Bush administration. i, for one, disagree with pretty much everything they've done, but that doesn't mean that i think they are stupid. or their supporters are stupid. or that any of us have fat asses (mine is very firm, thank you).

Re: Re: Re: Ok, i'm back. I'm a fair U2_Guy...

U2_Guy said:

That's clear, my boy! You and your monkey Bush don't respect anything that isn't money/petrol, drinks and wars!

No surprise son!

:wave:thanks for your insightful and well thought out comments

MCWILL.gif

i respect him, and for him i vote for bush again

now go :censored:

Last edited:
This thread started well enough, but one of the mods either need to close it or move it.

Or stick with your subject U2_guy, before you get kicked out for poor net manners.

ON the subject, I agree, great lyrics. Best since possibly AB...

Re: Re: Re: Re: Ok, i'm back. I'm a fair U2_Guy...

Irvine511 said:

i think the point people are trying to make is that there are coherent arguments to be made in regards to the decisions made by the Bush administration. .

Cohernce arguments? Are the Newspapers/TV/Radio under some heavy censorship in the US??

The whole world knew b4 the war that there wasn't "weapons of destruction in Iraq" and that this was a money/petrol/pride war from the start. That's why the US went alone to this new Nam.

tkramer said:
This thread started well enough, but one of the mods either need to close it or move it.

Or stick with your subject U2_guy, before you get kicked out for poor net manners.

ON the subject, I agree, great lyrics. Best since possibly AB...

Alright, I agree. I won't badmouth anyone anymore. I would love to actually have a beer with the Bush supporters here and discuss things in a nice way. I actually can understand some Bush supporters beliefs when we have a real discussion. When posting, I find it all too easy to amuse myself by being incendiary.

I like the lyrics, much more personal than the last album.

tkramer said:

I just returned the Bush/US subject cause i knew ppl would read this on this forum not the FYM. Cause this discussion took place here previously. And i just wanted to make clear that i don't think all americans are stupid. Just the Bush ones.

Wow, things are really heating up in here now!

Look, all I wanted to say is that if you write-off half of the people in your country, simply because of political stance, you're missing out on some nice people. Who knows, if you're not yet married, your future wife may be a republican. Maybe your future best friend could be a republican. You catch my drift? All I am asking is that you treat me and other Bush supporter's with respect. That doens't mean you have to agree with us.

I do understand the importance of politics. That is why, as a Canadian, I pay attention to the politics of my American cousins. I really respect your country, unlike a lot of Canadians. Simply put, without the US, Canada would be nothing. I can see that. Your country made a stand back in 1942 that saved the world. I wish Canada had the balls to do what the US has done for peace.

boosterjuice said:
Wow, things are really heating up in here now!

Look, all I wanted to say is that if you write-off half of the people in your country, simply because of political stance, you're missing out on some nice people. Who knows, if you're not yet married, your future wife may be a republican. Maybe your future best friend could be a republican. You catch my drift? All I am asking is that you treat me and other Bush supporter's with respect. That doens't mean you have to agree with us.

I know, I know. I posted while you were typing that up. If I am ever in Canada (I love Banff - just beautiful), let's have a beer and discuss.

Sleep Over Jack said:
It was amusing to see U2Guy roll out the usual anti-USA cliches...:)

I'd be glad if you americans could get rid of the usual USA cliches by electing Kerry.

And read me well, it's not a matter of simple politics. It's a matter of life and death for many.

Bush is the biggest terrorist of all, the most powerful man on earth and he uses his power to kill and get money. That's called an assassin.

bsp77 said:

I know, I know. I posted while you were typing that up. If I am ever in Canada (I love Banff - just beautiful), let's have a beer and discuss.

sounds good. (I love banff too). I live close so I'll hopefully be doing a lot of skiing this year. Skiing vs. Snowboarding----that's another long debate even more potentially torturous that politics.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom