Ok I just watched Milan Elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chizip

Blue Crack Addict
How lame is it when Bono chants his own name and calls himself a sexy person and then gives a sexy pose or whatever??

No wonder people think he has a huge ego...

I mean really, who chants their own name and then calls themself sexy?

I liked Adam's eyeroll at least.

Last edited:
I must also say - I really don't like the Milan-DVD. It sucks - I understand why U2 weren't satisfied with the result but I think It's not so much U2s fault - it's just ugly filming again. I really look forward to the 3D-Movie from Pellington. I hope that will open some eyes about the horrible Hamish Hamilton.

(Just saw yesterday the new Madonna DVD (Confessions Tour) from a guy who knew what he was doing - and after that I watched her 2001 DVD from Hamilton - that was such a huge difference - Hamilton must be the most untalented, overrated director ever. Such an untalented idiot -
:madspit: )

The Milan DVD is great and the Italian audience rocks!
I think it's one of the best things they have ever released and they should have released it as a proper concert DVD.
And it's not Bono's fault that some of you don't understand the man's humour after all these years.
I don't see anything "lame" about him playing with the audience. There are much worse things he could do. Some people have to complain about everything.

Chizip said:
How lame is it when Bono chants his own name and calls himself a sexy person and then gives a sexy pose or whatever??

No wonder people think he has a huge ego...

I mean really, who chants their own name and then calls themself sexy?

I liked Adam's eyeroll at least.
In fact, I like that Bono part before Elevation, it's quite funny...

^ Yeah me too, I really enjoy this interaction between Bono and the audience, it makes the whole performance much more special and worth watching. Otherwise there would be no reason for me to watch it, I'm bored with Elevation.

I like it, it's a cool performance of Elevation.

And the sexy-thing, the word Bono means sexy person in some Italian dialect, that's why he does it. And that's funny! But you guys don't get that and think it has to do with his ego or something.

And off course he has a ego, rock stars should have one.

personally love the start to it, he has them people in the palm of his hands and he knows it,

the whole arm waving thing is quite special imo

and am pretty sure he meant the "sexy person" thing as a joke, hence why it was said with a grin

OpperGoeroe said:
And the sexy-thing, the word Bono means sexy person in some Italian dialect, that's why he does it. And that's funny! But you guys don't get that and think it has to do with his ego or something.

:up:

Someone else brought this up in a similar disscusion about "stupid things Bono says"... I can't find the thread of course but I'm pretty sure "Bono" is slang for sexy person over there...

OpperGoeroe said:
I like it, it's a cool performance of Elevation.

And off course he has a ego, rock stars should have one.

it's Roman slang indeed, Bono means sexy guy, Bona sexy girl.... comes from the latin word Bonus, which means good... Bono is the dative of it, and Bona the female dative...

and also Chippy, did you notice the huge crowd cheer Bono gets when he does the sexy pose thing? :wink: so yea, I don't think they minded it!

I would say that even if Bono is aware of what his nickname means in Italian slang, it's still obnoxious to say such a thing about oneself. :down:

Chizip just unsuccessfully tries to prove that Milan video is worse than the mediocre Chicago one, and we all know where Chizip is from- it's simple as that :wink:

Last edited:
I think you find bono sexy bono part was tongue in cheek, at least thats how i took it. Secondly, Milan is great dvd. Shame its not the full concert. Visually and sound wise, its best apart from Slane since ATYCLB

Copy said:
I would say that even if Bono is aware of what his nickname means in Italian slang, it's still obnoxious to say such a thing about oneself. :down:

actually Bono speaks near perfect Italian...listen to Bono and Edge performing at the San Remo festival...he delivers a whole speech in Italian

europop2005 said:

actually Bono speaks near perfect Italian...listen to Bono and Edge performing at the San Remo festival...he delivers a whole speech in Italian

:wink: he took a course around '95 I think..... he also knows French, which would be smart since he partially lives there.... but obviously he sucks in spanish tho :giggle:

Copy said:

:eyebrow: i hope you're being sarcastic... or do you really expect rock stars to all be emo fucks who think terribly of themselves? would you rather have bono moping around crying about how ugly and fat he is? that's not very becoming of a rock star. anyway, we already established that it was tongue in cheek. the italian audience understood.

all GREAT frontmen have ego's , thats what we like about them.

Good performance.

You're one to talk, Chizip! You were calling yourself sexy last night.

But yeah, just one more Bonoism that gets on my nerves.

Whenever Bono isn't sure about something he just said, he pulls the mic away from his face and starts yelling at the crowd.

Everytime.

AtomicBono said:

:eyebrow: i hope you're being sarcastic... or do you really expect rock stars to all be emo fucks who think terribly of themselves? would you rather have bono moping around crying about how ugly and fat he is? that's not very becoming of a rock star. anyway, we already established that it was tongue in cheek. the italian audience understood.

:love: Awesome rant! :up:

wouldn't it be cool if Bono ranted about how ugly and fat he is on stage instead? That would make me respect him wildly :up:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom