OK, Here is what I think

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
timothius said:
I've been screaming LAPOE for a single release since Sometimes died.

Basically with LAPOE what you are doing is trying to recoup the people who to a point dug Vertigo - but didn't get across the line to buying the album.

The song would be fine its current format to be release but the most important part, which Earnie said, is to have an absolutely kick ass shock & awe video. They have the song matter to come up with something completely & utterly controversial or kick-ass, with most of the music video world probably dying to do a video with them - surely they must be able to come up with some video that will get LAPOE across the line on this one.

Also mentally I think a successful LAPOE plays more directly into the HTDAAB theme & title. Which is also a big plus.

Amen. I put Love and Peace or Else on a mix CD I made and gave out to many of my classmates, and I had a couple people come up to me and say "I don't normally like U2, but this song is great." Also, U2 DOES gain new fans with every album - I've converted one of my friends to a geniuine U2 fan, a couple to sort-of casual U2 fans (actually giving U2 a listen when they wouldn't before), and one from U2 fan to U2 semi-obsessed, all because of you and HTDAAB.

I think U2 should go with Love and Peace or Else and then either Original of the Species or A Man and a Woman. Miracle Drug, while good, sounds too much like Beautiful Day. It'd be too predictable. Original of the Species, however, is a pop masterpiece. The best off the album and it doesn't need anything changed to it. The production is Beatles-flawless. A Man and a Woman also has lovely production and is one of the catchiest songs on the album. I think it would fare well with the adult contemporary crowd.

Crumbs From Your Table could also possibly be a single... with an album like HTDAAB almost any song COULD be a single. I rather think Fast Cars would have done well.

Crumbs From Your Table could also possibly be a single... with an album like HTDAAB almost any song COULD be a single. I rather think Fast Cars would have done well.

Exactily, in HTDAAB, any song (with the exception of One step closer) could be a single - successful or not depending on the promotion...

Back
Top Bottom