O'Herlihy Interview in Hot Press

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jim

Refugee
www.atu2.com

has anybody read this? any interesting titbits about the album / tour?

I'm too much of a tightwad to subscribe right now!

Yes, I've read it. He talks about how extremely young and inexperienced the band were when he first met them ("They barely knew how to turn on their own gear"). He seems very proud if his long association with them, and has a massive collection of memorabilia. He remembers certain shows vividly, for example the first time they played Madison Square Garden in 1984. He sat in with them during the recent recording sessions, to get an idea of where the shows might be heading, and calls the quality of the new record "just fantastic". He seems especially moved by the song Bono sings about his father (obviously SYCMIOYO, but he doesn't name it). He's excited about going on tour next year.
That's about it.

Cheers biff! I thought this thread was going to get lost in space :)

I'm glad I was able to make some use of my Hot Press subscription. Man, that is one hell of an expensive magazine!
:wave:

You're welcome. I'm really hoping that soon Hot Press will have a good, lengthy article on U2. In the past, they have had some of the best and most insightful writing on the band I have ever seen, not surprising since they all go back as friends and acquaintances for over 20 years. Of course, I'll share.:D

Back
Top Bottom