Oh, you sound so young tonight!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
about the scratchy-voice-live part, have any of you heard the live performances of "The Unforgettable Fire" from the Joshua Tree tour? Bono can't sing "Stay, this time, stay tonight." This was way back when his voice was 'at it's best' according to many people.

That being said, he still has an amazing voice and manages to pull it off live. No matter what you say Bono does give it all live and i think that's better than having a clear voice.

namkcuR said:
He's sounding the best he has in a decade or more, I agree. However, as good as he sounds now, he's still not what he was 15-18 years ago during Joshua Tree and Rattle And Hum. Listen to JT, hell, even listen to Beautiful Ghost from The Complete U2/Unreleased And Rare, his voice is tremendous. The main difference between his voice then and now is that back then there was more depth to it...he literally sounded like he was roaring back then.

But yeah, he sounds great on HTDAAB.

I agree with this, but there's a flaw - back in the JT era, Bono screamed a lot. I think he's a LOT better singer now.

So while his voice might not be as "rich" sounding as it was on JT, he's a far better singer. Combine this with the fact that he's regained his clarity and power and ability to belt out high notes and I think we have a better vocalist than we did on JT.

Back
Top Bottom