Oh oh/On Borderland we run...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
I just found out that I love "A Sort of Homecoming" esp. the lines "On Borderland we run..."

But, question: What the heck's a borderland? (Or where is it?) Hmmm...what's this song all about anyway?

------------------
*It's not why you're running, it's where you're going/It's not what you're dreaming, but what you're gonna do/It's not where you're born, it's where you belong/It's not how weak, but what will make you strong*

ASOH is one of U2's most amazing songs...I think it is their most poetic song by far.

I don't know what it's about...a lot of things...imagination, war, death, rebirth, love...homecoming. I don't know what he means when he sings "Tonight, at last, I am coming home," but I love it.

"Your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape" is quite possible my favourite single line from any U2 song ever.

------------------
Love is the heartbeat of the universe

Originally posted by scatteroflight:

"Your earth moves beneath your own dream landscape" is quite possible my favourite single line from any U2 song ever.

I agree!
Funny. I was listening to it today on my walkman and that's the line that stuck out the most. I had to replay the song 3 times so I could hear it again and again and again. It's beautiful....

Speaking of UF..

I absolutely adore EP & America for this reason:

You know
And though no one told you sky
And you feel
Like you pretend you can
You say go, you live
Go live outside of me
Don't you leave
Don't leave out part of me
Then I can feel
Like I feel before
Like I hurt now
And I see the floor
If you pick me up
Bits and pieces on this floor

That song kills me.. so intense. *sigh*

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

This song was definitely the highlight of Slane for me.

It was a little rough around the edges but I was in heaven
biggrin.gif

Can you believe that I was surrounded by people who didn't know the song????

Could Borderland refer to the border between the Irish republic and Northern Ireland? Just a guess.

Back
Top Bottom