OH MY GOD! BONO KISSED ME!!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mysterious_Ways

The Fly
And no it wasn't a dream and no I am not making it up! Here's the story. I am in NYC so about 6 of us decided to try to catch the boys doing soundcheck at the VMA rehersals. We scoped out the opera house and found the stage door/parking garage entrance. We first saw Jerry Metzler (U2 security) and he said they weren't coming. We all wondered why he would be there if they weren't coming so we decided not to believe him. Next I saw Joe O'Hurlehey (sp?), Dallas and Stuart (guitar techs). So I decided to yell out - hey Dallas! He looked at me like he recognized me and said - hey how are you doing? I said good - are they coming down tonite? He gave me a smile and a nod and said - yes they would be here to just wait! I said thanks and he smiled. It was quite odd at how it felt like he knew who I was - but thats ok! Then they all came in separate cars and acknowledged us with waves or a thumbs up. Bono rolled down the window and pointed to our signs. Like I said there were only 6 people and I think they were kind of surprised to see that we were U2 fans and not Brittney or JLo fans! We were all quite happy with just seeing our boys but 4 of us decided to wait til soundcheck was over.

When sound check was over we saw the security guy again - not even noticing that Bono was coming right towards us. He wasn't in his usual black - so we didn't notce until he was practically 10 feet away! He then gave the 4 of us a hug and we thankd him for coming up to talk to us. He asked if he could sign stuff and said he couldn't stay long because he was very tired. I then asked if I could get a picture. He said sure and kissed the side of my face while taking the picture!!!!!!!!! It was so nice - he was so patient with us! He took pics with all 4 of us. Then my friend Jess told him that the 2 of us went to Slane. He was like - WoW! Which show. We said the first one and he replied that was a very heavy show, it was great. I then said that I thought "A Sort of Homecoming" was great and thanked him for playing it. He said - I know - we haven't played that in over 10 years - it was really great for us. He then said he was tired again (and he looked beat) and that we had to go. We thanked him for talking to us again and off he went!!!

Then we all pretty much came out of our state of shock and started to scream!

Then we noticed that Lary was coming towards us so we all got quiet and waited for him to aproach us. He came up to me first and asked if I had anything for him to sign. I gave him the same pic from my Achtung Baby insert that Bono signed. I then asked him for a pic and he agreed! He didn't hang as long but signed everybodys stuff and then we thanked him for coming to talk to us.

And it turns out that the page in my Achtung Baby insert that Bono and Larry signed was the middle pic with Bono at one end with a car and Larry at the other! Perfect.

I just can't believe what a great nite it was!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'll post the pics tomorrow after I scan them!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

------------------
...Its no secret that a liar won't believe in anyone else...

Yay!!!! I'm so jealous!

It is a safe bet that Bono and Larry will never walk up to me on a street in Nashville, Tennessee! ha ha ha

Congrats, and show us the picture when you get it back!

biggrin.gif

------------------
She's gonna dream up a world she wants to live in / She's gonna dream out loud.
Visit my web page at www.u2page.com

Oooooohhh I HATE YOU!
tongue.gif
OMG, that is soooooo awesome! AHHHHHHHH! Damn it I want a kiss from Bono.
frown.gif

Can't wait to see the pics, you lucky LUCKY gal you!
wink.gif

------------------
~*Everybody's talkin' about POP Musik!*~

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I hope you all hate me in a nice kind of way! I don't like it when people hate me! I am really a nice person who just happens to be on cloud nine right now!

------------------

WOW!!!! that's fucking great!!! I love hearing cool stuff like that about the band, there are so many celebrities who would have avoided you or ignored you or even been unkind to you outright, but they showed you respect and took a minute or two to make your day, now that's fucking cool in my book!!!

Wow - I made a lot of spelling mistakes in that post. I even spelled Larry wrong. Well I'm sure you got the point anyway!

------------------

THAT IS SOOO FUCKING AWESOME!!! I'm so happy for you mysterious ways!!! Am I the only one who finds it cool as hell that bono and larry were the ones who ASKED mysterious ways and the other fans if they could sign their stuff? they fucking rock!

------------------
"You know, when we came through here on the Conspiracy of Hope tour, I could just feel something happening. People in offices, and factories, and schools, and artists, and everybody just kind of waking up or something. It was great. I remember, I think we did five dates, five or six dates. But I remember very much Chicago. One, because I think U2 played well that night, it was good. And the other because, you're so noisy. For the name of love!"

Originally posted by Mysterious_Ways:
I hope you all hate me in a nice kind of way! I don't like it when people hate me! I am really a nice person who just happens to be on cloud nine right now!

Awww, but of course, its in a nice way!
wink.gif
I'm just a lil jealous! DAMN YOU!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
(J/k)

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

Blarg! I am a jealous creature! But I am also very happy for you! Our boys are very cool!

------------------
Remember the goul.

Shake n' bake
Do whatever it takes

mysterious ways, did you by chance hear any of the songs that they were playing for the soundcheck???

------------------
"You know, when we came through here on the Conspiracy of Hope tour, I could just feel something happening. People in offices, and factories, and schools, and artists, and everybody just kind of waking up or something. It was great. I remember, I think we did five dates, five or six dates. But I remember very much Chicago. One, because I think U2 played well that night, it was good. And the other because, you're so noisy. For the name of love!"

That is SO INCREDIBLE!!! I'm GLAD to hear your story because it's another example of how great the guys can be, so if/when the rest of us get OUR chance, we know they'll be wonderful about the whole thing.

------------------
"See, the rock star gets his way! Thank you very much. This feels very Elvis. Thank you."

Bono ~ Houston, Texas 4-02-01

Wow!!! I am so happy for you Mysterious_Ways, a wee bit green... but still very happy for you!
smile.gif

i love these stories!!!

------------------
"touch me, take me to that other place,
teach me, love, i know i'm not a hopeless case" - Beautiful day

"be uncool, yes be awkward" - Always

"and you can find your own way out"-Acrobat

MYSTERIOUS WAYS!!! oh my GOD!!! what an awesome story, girl! congrats on your bono love!

i can't believe it- i was gonna go with you guys (i'm alice from the U2 NYC yahoo group) but i had to friggin work! ahhhhh! anyway, i am SO HAPPY for you and jess- i met you both in ireland! (actually, i first met you at the london shows) anyway, CONGRATS AGAIN! what a great memory... i can't wait to see the pics!
biggrin.gif

NOOOOOOO! Argh! If only I didn't have a friend from high school in town, I would have so gone down to meet you guys. I got this party thing to go to tonight so I'm missing the pre-show but is anyone hanging out afterward? Why do I have to be so busy when the band's in town?

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

biggrin.gif
You deserve it Kel!!! Right on girlfriend!!!

------------------
"I'm staring at the sun, not the only one who's happy to go blind..."

Ok - as promised here are the pics! Fingers crossed this works!

__tn_Bono+Kiss!!!.jpg

Bono!!!!.jpg

If it doesn't work I'll post the address!

------------------

Ok I'm severely jealous after seeing your pics!! I swear I will get to meet at least one of them when the finally come back to the US if it kills me!!! Me and my stick are gonna go places dammit!
wink.gif

woo hoo! what a photo!!! wow... you are SO LUCKY!!! you'd better frame that one!
smile.gif

congrats again, girl!

Mysterious Ways-CONGRATULATIONS. I am happy for you, what an incredible experience! -diamondbruno9 PS-click on my story as u might be interested in it .

------------------
"..it's about breaking barriers, transcending boundries and conquering great divides"-Bono 1987

---------
An open letter to Bono from myself www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

[This message has been edited by diamondbruno9 (edited 09-06-2001).]

Mysterious- that is awesome! Cool pics!

------------------

(??.?(?*?.? ?.?*?)?.??)
?.???. *Monica* .???.?
(?.??(?.??* *??.?)??.)

I'm sorry - but I didn't actaully hear any of the soundcheck. So that is still a Mystery to me!

------------------

Back
Top Bottom