Oh look Edge a beachball!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

EdgeIsTooSexy

ONE love, blood, life
I've watched Slane Castle like a billion times and have owned it for years and yet I still havent posted up here this question::

Edge laughing at the beachball?
Erm sorry whats so funny about a beachball?
Does anybody have any clue?

:lol:
inside joke b/t bono and edge?

It was a massive day for Irish Sport and they just wanted him to comment on it/kick a football/wear the flag.

Every song on that dvd are the definitive versions for me, its just a perfect gig.

I always found the humor in how Bono said it in such an unexcited dead-pan voice. "oh, look, edge, a beach ball."

elevated_u2_fan said:
I always thought it was because no matter what big outdoor concert you go to, someone always has to throw a beach ball around...

I can see them being all: :rolleyes: "again with the beach balls..."

Yeah, this was always my take on it, although next time you're bored in class you can try to come up with crazy "back stories" involving Edge, Bono and a beachball. "So this one time, in Eze..."

dmalezi said:
A guy I met said that the Chili Peppers opened the Slane show, then they played the football game on the big screens before U2 hit the stage. Must have been so cool! :wink:

Ireland vs Holland for the qualification of the euro cup 2002 :D

Ireland won with the penalties, the Dutch always fail at that... :wink: and as Bono said, Jason McAteer scored the winning one..

I think the whole beachbal thing is an inside thing, Bono says it so dead pan indeed and the way Edge cracks up... it must've been something really funny I guess :lol:

Galeongirl said:

Ireland vs Holland for the qualification of the euro cup 2002 :D

Ireland won with the penalties, the Dutch always fail at that... :wink: and as Bono said, Jason McAteer scored the winning one..

I think the whole beachbal thing is an inside thing, Bono says it so dead pan indeed and the way Edge cracks up... it must've been something really funny I guess :lol:

As an Irishman, I can assure you that there were no penalties involved, sorry love:wink:

When I saw U2 in Seattle 2005(#1) as soon as the group hit the stage about 5-6 beachballs appeared thrown around the venue out of nowhere. One U2's security team had t run around the floor GA section to grab and immediately pop them.

Obvious the joke was started by some 'net heads, but security found the joke less funny. That said, the sight of a muscle head bouncer chasing a beachball around an arena with 15,000 people and then maul it was hilarious in it's own right.

u2fp

Last edited:
david said:
I always found the humor in how Bono said it in such an unexcited dead-pan voice. "oh, look, edge, a beach ball."

Maybe my favorite part of the entire DVD, which is really saying something. It's the best concert DVD they've put out to date and I can't see very many topping this one.

stayyoung said:

As an Irishman, I can assure you that there were no penalties involved, sorry love:wink:

As an Irishman, it was a qualification match for the 2002 World Cup. One – Nil! There I said it; I’m going to attempt to create an irreparable rift between our respective nations. :wink:

Beyond that, Slane is, and was, an absolute stormer.

U2FanPeter said:
Obvious the joke was started by some 'net heads, but security found the joke less funny. That said, the sight of a muscle head bouncer chasing a beachball around an arena with 15,000 people and then maul it was hilarious in it's own right.

u2fp

Dumb question, but I am curious...Do you know why they tried to rid the arena of beachballs?
What's so threatening about a beachball??:scratch:
They seem harmless enough...even if they wound up on stage... Big D. I don't get it. It seems like U2 would not give a rip either...:scratch:

U2FanPeter said:
When I saw U2 in Seattle 2005(#1) as soon as the group hit the stage about 5-6 beachballs appeared thrown around the venue out of nowhere. One U2's security team had t run around the floor GA section to grab and immediately pop them.

u2fp

The funniest part is in Auckland a beachball blew onto the stage and it was promptly returned to the crowd

Jeannieco said:

Dumb question, but I am curious...Do you know why they tried to rid the arena of beachballs?
What's so threatening about a beachball??:scratch:
They seem harmless enough...even if they wound up on stage... Big D. I don't get it. It seems like U2 would not give a rip either...:scratch:

It's a distraction that is ALWAYS visible for the full 2 hours. Fans won't have their undivided attention on Bono's hairweave or Adam's instrument.

u2fp

Back
Top Bottom