Official U2 DVDs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KorovaMilkBar

Babyface
I have all the VHS releases but does anyone know if there are plans to back release stuff onto DVD?

such as:

UABRS
UF
AB
ZOOTV
POPMART
80-90 BEST OF

I have Elevation 2001, Best of 90-00, and Rattle &Hum. Is that it?

Unfortunately, that is it, as of this year. I have heard no further information regarding the plans for a DVD release of the list you have mentioned.

We can all hope, however. :)

KorovaMilkBar said:
I have Elevation 2001, Best of 90-00, and Rattle &Hum. Is that it?
There is also The Making of the Joshua Tree (actually called just The Joshua Tree - it's a Classics Album release, so it's not a U2 official release)... (Oh, and it was my first DVD purchase!)

My Best Guess.....

Here's what I hope for regarding the older VHS releases:

1) UABRS - Release it in 2003 in time for the 20th anniversary of the show. The DVD would be a double disc with the original 12 song format, along with some extra backstage and setup footage (I'm sure they have). Maybe a documentary of the show. The second disc would have the complete show and commentary from the band and Mr. McGuinness on the show.

2) The Best of 1980 - 1990

I would think that this video would be similar to the Best of 1990 - 2000. This should include all the songs on the CD, plus the extra videos of songs not on the CD (e.g. Two Hearts, A Celebration, A Sort of Homecoming). Hopefully they could get the director's commentary too.

3) Release the Zoo TV (Live in Sydney)

4) Release the Popmart in Mexico City

As for the UF and Zoo TV Interference videos, they don't release those, because they would have released most of that footage on the Best of DVDs.

That's my wish......

That sounds about right.. but I'd still like to have "Rock N Roll Doggie" and Edge with his owls on a DVD.... :) :hyper:

Yup I agree! I wish they would just put out the stuff in DVD format already. I wonder why they haven't? They have to know that there is a market for them. At least the die hard U2 fans would buy it! I know I would in an instant!! I hope they figure it out next year.:yes:

THe guy who runs the video store in my mall told me around Christmastime 2001 that ZOOTV Sydney was definitely going to be released on video in the not too distant future, but I still don't see it :scratch: He also informed me PopMart was not ever going to be on DVD because it wasn't a big seller on video and the video would soon be discontinued. I asked him about Red Rocks and UF collection, and he said he had no info, not very likely. :huh: So if we are to beLIEve him, at least we have hope for ZOOTV! In the meantime, I'm happy with my VHS videos!

U2Kitten said:
THe guy who runs the video store in my mall told me around Christmastime 2001 that ZOOTV Sydney was definitely going to be released on video in the not too distant future, but I still don't see it :scratch: He also informed me PopMart was not ever going to be on DVD because it wasn't a big seller on video and the video would soon be discontinued. I asked him about Red Rocks and UF collection, and he said he had no info, not very likely. :huh: So if we are to beLIEve him, at least we have hope for ZOOTV! In the meantime, I'm happy with my VHS videos!

Hmmm. Wouldn't putting a ZOOTV Sydney DVD out this November to take advantage of the Christmas shopping season be a great idea marketing-wise? Especially if U2 isn't going to be releasing their new album this year. ZOOTV on DVD would make the wait for a new album a lot easier for me.

Bono's shades said:

Hmmm. Wouldn't putting a ZOOTV Sydney DVD out this November to take advantage of the Christmas shopping season be a great idea marketing-wise? Especially if U2 isn't going to be releasing their new album this year. ZOOTV on DVD would make the wait for a new album a lot easier for me.

Unfortunately, I think U2 blew it by not putting their videos out on DVD by now. Many of them (ZooTV Sydney, Mexico Popmart, the Best Of 1980-1990, at least) are already making the rounds in DVD-R trading circles. And from what I hear, they are pretty nice transfers.

#1 on my list is the DVD for Red Rocks, simply b/c it would have the most to offer in terms of never before seen material. Zoo TV and Popmart would be no different, really. And no, they wouldn't release ZOO TV with "tryin' to throw your arms." That song was deleted b/c the girl Bono brought up onstage to drink champagne was underage. Not the time limit.

#2 on my list the DAMN SLANE DVD!!!!! They recorded lots of backstage stuff as well as the whole concert. Only 1/3 of it was shown on TV. In my opinion, it blows the shit out of the Boston DVD. In my opinion, Boston was just U2 running through the motions....kinda half assed too. But the Slane video just kicks ass. It's how the Elevation Tour should've been all along.

actually there r four more dvds

elevation
walk on
electrical storm
the best of sampler

and according to u2fanclub.nl there will be a dvd release fot the hands that built america as well, besides two single releases. that is, if you live in germany or anywhere near it.

Re: My Best Guess.....

Reggie Thee Dog said:
1) UABRS - Release it in 2003 in time for the 20th anniversary of the show. The DVD would be a double disc with the original 12 song format, along with some extra backstage and setup footage (I'm sure they have). Maybe a documentary of the show. The second disc would have the complete show and commentary from the band and Mr. McGuinness on the show.
Or just the complete show and none of that other crap. :)

With the Boston DVD, I would've rather had "Mysterious Ways," "Pride," and "One" instead of worthless stuff like watching "Gone" from the control room. With The Best of 1990-2000, I would've rather had the buffalo version of "One" than a documentary about it.

Screw extras, they should just do what they're doing and do it right. 'Cause I doubt that we'd get the complete Red Rocks show if they also decide to throw in commentary and all that other jazz.

In my opinion, it blows the shit out of the Boston DVD. In my opinion, Boston was just U2 running through the motions....kinda half assed too

I don't think it's so much U2 going through the motions as it was the crowd in Boston. They were all but asleep at the wheel, and seemed at times to just be standing around like they were watching paint dry. Or maybe both were true (although I don't think U2 was just going through the motions).

That being said, I think U2 fed off the energy of the crowd at Slane and that helped make it the memorable concert that it was.

Back
Top Bottom