Official U2.Com: Where The Album Has A Name, "No Line On The Horizon"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Seeing as the fast few days have been quiet compared to some days they gotta announce something next week.

I'll change my tune if they do.

Shit...why am I trusting U2.com for info all of a sudden? I feel dirty.

Trust no-one....

I am starting to feel a bit uneasy about the lack of name confirmation, and airplay dates...

Surely if they are going with soon we should know by now? xmas is over, doesnt take line to post someonthing on the site saying, "oh, by the way, first single is GYBO, and itll drop on radio Jan 4, btw you can watch it Jan 3 on QTV for a preview. Video debuts on MTV on Jan 9. whats the harm?

I feel uneasy too, I keep on saying this but they need to announce it real soon. :sigh:

relax :) I think they're taking the "we want 2009 to be our year" thing really seriously...
I'll start to feel uneasy with no news in the second week of January

Trust no-one....

I am starting to feel a bit uneasy about the lack of name confirmation, and airplay dates...

Surely if they are going with soon we should know by now? xmas is over, doesnt take line to post someonthing on the site saying, "oh, by the way, first single is GYBO, and itll drop on radio Jan 4, btw you can watch it Jan 3 on QTV for a preview. Video debuts on MTV on Jan 9. whats the harm?

:up::up::up:

^ i think you are again missing his point though... He won't have the song, and will have to import a version to get it. There is no point putting it on at all if you want a cohesive ALBUM, you should just make it a b-side. They are trying to move away from the 'collection of songs' mentality. If it fits the theme, and it belongs on the disc, why would they not give it to everyone.

BINGO!!!

(i think my caplock is stuck)

it wouldn't make sense to release a Christmas song in January.

Q were the first to do a photo shoot of the "new U2". Who's to say they didn't snatch the exclusive for the first single video showing too ?

It would make the magazine look exquisitly stupid to say "we will show u2's videos, ending with their latest release" only to show a video that's been around since early December.

Despite the pricier CDs in some markets excuse, U2's been doing fine without bonus songs on their albums pre-Pop. If it's meant to be a part of the experience, put it on all versions.

Q were the first to do a photo shoot of the "new U2". Who's to say they didn't snatch the exclusive for the first single video showing too ?

It would make the magazine look exquisitly stupid to say "we will show u2's videos, ending with their latest release" only to show a video that's been around since early December.

Seems strange that a band of U2's standing would release its first new song in 5 years on a magazine website. Singles are usually released by radio, or sometimes a band's own website (Coldplay, Killers). Giving that much importance to Q makes no sense to me...bc it limits the audience.

I expect an announcement from U2 about a new single in the next 5 days or so, with a quick turnaround for its release (say 10 days) via radio or the free version of U2.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom