OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It could be interpreted in a couple ways. New songs as in a single, EP before the main album, the new album or some live performances?

Could be all of the above. I dunno. Bono still said it, and it's likely referring to the new album. Can't blame the reporter for reading Bono's quote and using the information from it to report news.

November 2009.

If you think this is implausible you're kidding yourself.

I'd bet, hmm...I dunno, but money on it.

THEY'RE STILL WRITING THE SONGS FOR CHRISTS SAKE.
:doh:

What a disappointment. I've been looking forward to this album for a while now.

At the same time, if U2 puts out a masterpiece in early 2009 (which, judging by the Beach Clips, is exceedingly possible), I won't mind this delay a bit.

I just wish they gave us something to hold us over.

What a disappointment. I've been looking forward to this album for a while now.

At the same time, if U2 puts out a masterpiece in early 2009 (which, judging by the Beach Clips, is exceedingly possible), I won't mind this delay a bit.

I just wish they gave us something to hold us over.

How do five poor quality songs scream possible masterpeice? People said the same thing after hearing the Miracle Drug beach clip. Look how that album turned out.

But, as musicians, it should be their #1 priority. :shrug:

This is why people get upset when they see Bono trying to save the world instead of finishing the record. And, unlike most bands, those one-offs are rarely accepted here as a bonus of any kind; instead, a lot of people just consider them an impediment of some kind to the album being finished. And believe me, no one would be as rabid for a new album if we didn't have to wait 4 years every single time.

Hmm, I usually agree when it comes to Bono being "off" for too much time, even though I think it's for a legitimate course, but especially with the work on this album I say that he's been in the studio more often than with the last two albums. He hasn't been away for campaigning reasons so much during the last months. Of course there have been single occasions, but generally, he's been around A LOT.

I go with those who say March 2009, but I hope for a single earlier. And I believe eventually U2 will tell us the reason for the delay.

At the same time, if U2 puts out a masterpiece in early 2009 (which, judging by the Beach Clips, is exceedingly possible).

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA :lmao:

those things sound like shit, you CAN'T posibly get anything besides the rythm and some lyrics out of them

it's all hype, and they might be good, but give me a break, you can't get MASTERPIECE from a beach clip, or an "outside-Hanover Quay" clip with a car passing by

for all we know, they might suck as they might be great.

there's only one thing clear... they're late

"18 Singles with new songs? U2:3D in which some band members put a lot of work? 5 Remasters, all with bonus disks? Dvd releases? Spiderman musical ring a bell? One offs (Instant Karma, Ronnie Drew, Mandela...) " all of that didn't stop them from being ready for a November 2008 release.

No... let him. I'd love to read the page long essay with a random sexywink thrown in! :wink:

What would be the point of that ? The reasons why some people don't "get" Pop were laid out many times...and both sides are just spinning in circles at this point.

It depends on the real reason why they decided to postpone. Bono was rather vague.

That's what's bothering me, aside from the fact they were talking about a virtually done album as late as July/June.

It's almost as bad as all the pre-emptive moans about "ATYCLB part III", and now the assumptions about another "overcooked" Bomb and "it's Larry". (notice how the bass player and the producer got away with saying the same thing?)

I still love the fact that some people STILL assume without question that Bono is definatly lying, rather than actually think for one split second that, he is in fact actually being serious!

people like to assume the worst i guess.

I believe that they do want to write more. The question is why, when the album was basically done, according to Adam and Lanois and moreso why, when we heard amazing hype and gushing from Lanois, Eno and now recently Bono and Edge.

i doubt adam wants to leave the band. it seems to me at this point, if a band member wanted to leave, truly wanted to leave (think of larry's laments at the end of the 80s) they'd either step back and take a break or stop making music under the U2 banner. i don't think given how long these four have been making music together there'd ever be a U2 song or album not featuring all four of them.

It's been fun, it's been maddening... there have been injuries and recoveries, no babies born that I know of, but this one [album] is nearly ready for the new year of 2009.... I thought a while back we might have the album wrapped by now, but why come up above ground now if there's more priceless stuff to be found?"

I think I heard Adam was the one who injured himself. The guy is a multi-millionaire and can go at his own speed. Post the injury, he flew off for some recouperation to some island and didn't come back in time to meet the timeframe for the album. Partly at protest because he tought the album was finished.They are 4 big "rich" boys with lots of toys and lots of options and it takes all of them to finish the album. If one of them gets "jack of it" that leads to delays like this. They have been together too long to argue with each other. Infact, U2's style is to do anything else other than fight. They might discuss music and tempo but when it comes to each other's committment, they let each member go at their own speed.

We might get a later album but we might get band members coming back committed for a full tour and willing to make the sacrifices to be together on the road for a year.

Give them some space to breath.

Like anyone else you are in a relationship in.

I am in a relationship with every single one of the band members for neary 30 years.

I lost my virginity listening to U2 so I can cut them a little slack in being a month or so late for their upteenth megaselling album after staying together for 30 years....and you can too!

SURELY!

I know that the U2.com clips have been used as a reason to have expected the album this fall (and I'm as guilty as anyone), but now if you think about it, it actually makes sense that a delay has been planned at least for a few weeks. I'm pretty sure that clip release has actually slowed in the last couple weeks (time between each clip). And the other important point is that we still haven't really seen almost anything yet. Don't get me wrong, I love that we are getting these clips, but they have been very small teases--just a short portion on one instrument for the most part. I'm sure Adam has a ton of good footage and now they can start slowly but surely giving us bigger and bigger teases (the band jamming, short clip of full song being mixed, etc.). All the clips, except perhaps the latest, appear to be pretty old--probably months. I think these are actually going to turn into something where pretty much every fan is happy with the approach that they took--slowly building towards the first single.

Well it happened to be New Years Day but that is what happnes when you take each other by the hand at just before midnight on the 31st of December.

"All is quiet on NEw Year's Day...."

You have got to be joking Bono....

It's a primal scream, my Son!

how do you comment the difference between these two statements on motivation from bono:

circa '91 if I'm not mistaken - he said that they will continue to make music as long as it excite them, as they are finding something interesting in it

now - "people don't want another U2 album if it's not the best one yet..."

I like their previous motivation much better...when it wasn't about people....

how do you comment the difference between these two statements on motivation from bono:

circa '91 if I'm not mistaken - he said that they will continue to make music as long as it excite them, as they are finding something interesting in it

now - "people don't want another U2 album if it's not the best one yet..."

I like their previous motivation much better...when it wasn't about people....

Maybe they have spent too much time on this forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom