OFFICIAL - U2.Com - New Album Out In 2009 Pt. 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its called "reading in between the lines"

Whats this a trial? Facts?

C'mon now people, read between the lines and you'll see that they had every intention to release this thing in the fall. Everything pointed to it. Here's a fact...the majority of U2's ablums have been released in the second half of the year.

So were we that off-base for reading between the lines and making the very valid hypothesis that the album was going to be released before the end of 2008?

If you choose to "read between the lines" as you put it and they do something that isn't what you expected I don't see why you (this is not directed at you personally by the way :wink: ) feel the need to get angry. You chose to believe these intentions that as far as I am concerned where more a leap of faith on your part than any kind of substantial information based on fact.

If you choose to "read between the lines" as you put it and they do something that isn't what you expected I don't see why you (this is not directed at you personally by the way :wink: ) feel the need to get angry. You chose to believe these intentions that as far as I am concerned where more a leap of faith on your part than any kind of substantial information based on fact.

Not true.

If I were angry I'd write something unintelligible like this:

fewhf49tn!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Actually, I feel just fine. How are you?:wink:

Speaking for myself, I'm not angry or upset about the change in plans, it's just that I don't "get it."

Seriously, how long can it take?

I'd love to see the reaction in this forum when U2 says they're going to bring in Timbaland and kick out Enois.

:corn:

Well, Ok, they didn't say that, but most of us believed the release date was going to be November 2008, everything we were getting pointed to the album being done and now we discover it wasn't, or may be the band are not all confident in it and want to rework for a time.
What's the drama about? for us it's only an album, for them it's about their work and reputation, let them do it their way.
"Bono exagerates, we can't rely on him when talking about new work", oh, com'on, give him a break, he's the one who has to speak at difficult moments like this, I wouldn't do it better, would you?

"Bono exagerates, we can't rely on him when talking about new work", oh, com'on, give him a break, he's the one who has to speak at difficult moments like this, I wouldn't do it better, would you?

Yes. He could actually state what's going on instead of raving on about an album so good it needs more work.

Double album ? Need more songs to choose ? Division in the band ? Temporary insanity ?

Speaking for myself, I'm not angry or upset about the change in plans, it's just that I don't "get it."

Seriously, how long can it take?

Yeah, I'm not particularly annoyed. It is what it is. I just want some sort of explanation beyond "we want to keep working; we'll get back to you in 4 months".

Now either you're trying to be coy or maybe you really haven't read anything at all on this site for a while...but there has been more than enough noise coming out of the U2 camp through interviews and from their website pointing to a 2008 release.

I just spoke about this in my previous post.

What's been on their website pointing at a 2008 release? :confused:

Pink Floyd took 7 years between 1987's Momentary Lapse and 1994's Division Bell. Will U2 beat that record? Stay tuned to find out! :hyper:

Honestly, I don't understand how some bands are able to kick out albums every 2 years or even every year and some take so long!

Yeah, I'm not particularly annoyed. It is what it is. I just want some sort of explanation beyond "we want to keep working; we'll get back to you in 4 months".

lol they don't owe us anything though! They can do whatever the hell they bloody well want. They can wait 8 years if they wanted. You're still sounding like they're answerable to the fans.

It would be nice to know exactly why we have to wait beyond 4 years, with all the hype and "it's done" talk.

Yes. He could actually state what's going on instead of raving on about an album so good it needs more work.

Double album ? Need more songs to choose ? Division in the band ? Temporary insanity ?

Oh, sorry, I didn't know you were entitled to know about the private relation among the band members and supervise their work, I'm not and maybe some other members of this forum aren't, so, maybe, it would be better if you ask them personally.

I don't feel like I'm "owed" anything by them. What I'm perplexed about is the logical gap between the various signs pointing to them releasing it this Fall and the various and sundry statements from people like Daniel Lanois talking about how it's wrapping up compared to this new turn of events.

It's not griping to ask "Where in the hell did this change come from?"

I can't believe how fast this thread is growing!!!! The only news is that the album is due to 2009 and they wrote 250 songs and that it will be the best album since the 5th Symphony by Beethoven!

Come on, let'st get a life!!! :D:D:D:D I'm almost loosing my own self respect!

Actually, I feel just fine. How are you?:wink:

I'm good, thanks for asking...

I was slightly disappointed when I first heard about this but I have decided to trust U2 on this one...

I like their music, while I don't think their last two albums were their best I certainly don't think they are their worst either - although "worst U2 album" is a bit of an oxymoron if you ask me...

The way I look at it is that I refuse to get my expectations built up too much for this one. I can't see them making a crap album, they have yet to let me down really so I know I'm safe there, whatever it sounds like and as long as it takes I'm all good...

Over produced, under produced, not produced, IMO who cares? U2 is U2 is U2...

They have been around almost as long as I have been alive and if they want to take another couple of months or even a year to work on their new album which I have the PRIVALIGE of listening to when it comes out - go for it, whatever they want, they don't owe me anything as far as I'm concerned...

Their manager was quoted as saying they wanted the album out by October. Daniel Lanois was quoted as saying the band wanted the album out before the end of the year. Doesn't seem like we need to read between the lines to assume the band originally wanted the album out by this year.

Their manager was quoted as saying they wanted the album out by October. Daniel Lanois was quoted as saying the band wanted the album out before the end of the year. Doesn't seem like we need to read between the lines to assume the band originally wanted the album out by this year.

Larry's opinion is the only one that matters to me. Apparently, the band agrees.

Let's assume that all of this is true. So they are not happy with the result and No Line On the Horizon 2009 will be crap...

I told you guys, the Killers album will save us from total musical destruction! Forget U2!

I'm good, thanks for asking...

I was slightly disappointed when I first heard about this but I have decided to trust U2 on this one...

I like their music, while I don't think their last two albums were their best I certainly don't think they are their worst either - although "worst U2 album" is a bit of an oxymoron if you ask me...

The way I look at it is that I refuse to get my expectations built up too much for this one. I can't see them making a crap album, they have yet to let me down really so I know I'm safe there, whatever it sounds like and as long as it takes I'm all good...

Over produced, under produced, not produced, IMO who cares? U2 is U2 is U2...

They have been around almost as long as I have been alive and if they want to take another couple of months or even a year to work on their new album which I have the PRIVALIGE of listening to when it comes out - go for it, whatever they want, they don't owe me anything as far as I'm concerned...

If there wasn't a bunch of other great bands out there that either already did, or are about to release music this year then I'd be really really disappointed.

I'm just curious as to why U2 decided to post pone the album. Maybe it was because of what I just mentioned...the lineup of big rock acts that did release or are releasing their album in th fall of '08.

If there wasn't a bunch of other great bands out there that either already did, or are about to release music this year then I'd be really really disappointed.

I'm just curious as to why U2 decided to post pone the album. Maybe it was because of what I just mentioned...the lineup of big rock acts that did release or are releasing their album in th fall of '08.

I think it really comes down to the fact that they weren't happy with it or they thought they could do better.

I really don't think they are affraid of any of the acts out there releasing new material, if anything it should be the other way around.

I think it's this:

Some in the band think the album is very good. Others don't think so, therefore they are going to try and work out their differences before putting it out.

They don't want a repeat of Pop (undercooked songs). I am one of the few who didn't like the 2003 versions of Bomb songs, and glad they did rework some.

I do not like that we have to wait even longer. It's just too bad, but we can't do anything about it.

We need to have faith that the band know what they're doing.

I would literally kill a walrus with a trombone to get another POP album

:lol: So would I!

I'd rather bring that walrus back to life by playing the trombone than get another "Pop". Once was enough - thanks. I don't need U2 copying all the "hip" music of the time or create songs that hurt my ears. There's some innovation, to be sure, but not enough to warrant a repeat performance.

As for the delay, it seemed obvious as we are now in Sept. and there was still no word about a single or official release date.

I just hope with 60-90 songs that U2 are supposedly creating, we get a good batch of b-sides this time. Live songs are fun as are remixes, but the best b-sides are new songs. And since they are only b-sides, no need to make them "perfect". :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom