Official NLOTH Tracklisting (From U2.com)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
don't you know how to read? bram said "COULD"

You're missing the point I'm making, which is that we have no idea what the tracks are going to sound like as of yet. We've already heard of one song being completely reworked, there's no telling what could have happened to the others since the last interview.

And there's no need to be quite that abrasive, thanks.

To be honest I remember thinking some of the titles of HTDAAB were a bit shit (Love & Peace or Else, Crumbs from your Table, All Because of You), these seem like a bit of improvement.

Although I must say I don't like Stand Up Comedy as a song title. Instead of a 10-min long talk about Africa on this tour is Bono gonna run some jokes past us all?

theres a couple new titles we haven't heard from any of the magazines (rolling stone, the other one) and all the rumors..."fez" and "white as snow". I'm sure they are just "winter" and changed titles. Don't think they would have played those tunes for magazines a couple weeks ago, and then dropped them from the album.

i'm hoping "tripoli" is there, that sounded awesome with the experimenation. can't wait for these songs, i could care less about the titles.

the excitement for this record is 2X as HTDAAB for me.

And that cover... what a bland image. I was hopingo for some blue and black as a theme, something like the Q mini website... U2 disappoints me again...

They're putting over the top security on a single trying to control it's release, for fears "it'll be all over the internet" *Irish newspaper source* but after that they are gonna play it on radio and not release it for another several weeks. By that time we'll all have it :shrug:

That's how all singles work. The video and radio play usually come before the physical...:doh:

some insanely shitty titles...like I'll Go Crazy If I don't Go Crazy Tonight....holy shit...:confused:

Fez- Being Born - really lame...

Stand Up Comedy is also really weird...

other than this, tracklisting looks good...I'm thinking White As Snow = winter and some other tracks like Every Breaking Wave and Tripoli could be Fez- Being Born in some way...who knows :shrug:

Artwork looks pretty good I guess...hopefully those dumb bars aren't on the final version :)

:lol:
To be honest I remember thinking some of the titles of HTDAAB were a bit shit (Love & Peace or Else, Crumbs from your Table, All Because of You), these seem like a bit of improvement.

Although I must say I don't like Stand Up Comedy as a song title. Instead of a 10-min long talk about Africa on this tour is Bono gonna run some jokes past us all?

Before singing Miracle Drug it took a glacial age...I wonder if Edge's fingers got rotten of playing the intro endlessly until Bono decided singing :lol:

They're putting over the top security on a single trying to control it's release, for fears "it'll be all over the internet" *Irish newspaper source* but after that they are gonna play it on radio and not release it for another several weeks. By that time we'll all have it :shrug:

Because the main point is to keep it bottled up until the world-wide radio release. That's how you build hype, radio stations everywhere will be announcing to their listeners that the song is coming on Monday, people can't go online so will have to listen to the radio, hear the track then here "from their new album No line on the Horizon, available 2nd of March". Even if was released to radio a day before download it would still be all over the internet within 5 minutes of the 1st play being finished.

Man, some people are ecstatic while some are complaining. :lmao:

White As Snow, Fez - Being Born are both un heard of and interesting song names, I kinda want some descriptions of these. And I do hope this album is innovative and risk taking as said to be. :up:

I guess Every breaking wave is a b-side or another song for a future album next year?

That's ok with me. If I had to discard one song based off descriptions we've gotten in magazines and potential lyrics, it would be EBW. I know that's dumb to say without actually hearing the song, but I'm just saying...

You're missing the point I'm making, which is that we have no idea what the tracks are going to sound like as of yet. We've already heard of one song being completely reworked, there's no telling what could have happened to the others since the last interview.

And there's no need to be quite that abrasive, thanks.

Well, sorry.
But we don't know yet. I guess bram was just pointing out that the most hyped tracks are exactly one following the other on the tracklisting. Therefore, a comparision between TJT first tracks.

But sorry, I was being rude.

well look at it this way guys, once you get the cd you can put it on your computer on windows media player or whatever and rename the songs whatever you want! :happy:

Could someone explain to me why in the world this is relevant? Of all the silly things to complain about, this strikes me as ridiculous. I agree that the running order can be important to the overall experience of an album, but whether or not the first single is also the first song on the album seems utterly unimportant.

I think because putting the first single on the first spot makes it a more commercial move?? (Discotheque, Beautiful Day, Vertigo) Some people think it's an attention-grabbing move, and the album goes downhill after the first song...

Strangely, for now I like it because I don't like it (?). It's a bold title to go for, and the one I like the least, but it's gonna have to be backed up with a cracking song to justify itself - bit like Achtung Baby! as an album title.

I was literally on the verge of going to bed, now my mind's going to be racing!!! Crazy Tonight would benefit from brackets I reckon - (I'll Go Crazy If I Don't Go) Crazy Tonight - or better still a shorter title! FBB sounds intriguing, hope it's not NLOTHs One Step Closer.

I see FBB being some sort of instrumental break. Maybe not in the sens ethat its a random 30 second link, but like a sweeping eno-esque atmospheric number that joins the front section to the run home.

Something the (forgive the wierd comparison) Blink 182 did with the 'my dearest' bit on their self-titled album.

I'm seeing it replacing Wake Up as they walk out, and then White as Snow opening the show, as it will obviously flow nicely

Man, some people are ecstatic while some are complaining. :lmao:

White As Snow, Fez - Being Born are both un heard of and interesting song names, I kinda want some descriptions of these. And I do hope this album is innovative and risk taking as said to be. :up:

I agree. Folks bitch about odd titles like Fez...is it a change or not?

Back
Top Bottom