OFFICIAL - New Album Delayed Until 2009

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You know, it is possible that U2 will release information at a different rate than they did with the last album, and not study that exact gameplan, following it to the letter...just a thought I'm throwing out there. I mean, yeah, it's McGuinne$$, but it is a possibility, no?

Guys the album is coming out in November no matter what some random article said

I mean come on; there's no way Paul would give up on the chance to cash in on Christmas sales

Seriously in the UK an album at number 30 in December could sell more than a top 5 album in March; so unless U2 suddenly don't care about sales we're getting an album in November, so stop all the worrying :wink:

You know, it is possible that U2 will release information at a different rate than they did with the last album, and not study that exact gameplan, following it to the letter...just a thought I'm throwing out there. I mean, yeah, it's McGuinne$$, but it is a possibility, no?

Could very well be. But this is now two articles/tidbits/rumors in the past 5 days or so that seem to suggest that the album may come out in February or March. That's more than we've had recently saying the contrary. If they are to release a single for the Grammy period, then it would have to be within the next 30 days. I just don't think that we will be getting a new song in the next 30 days at this point, and trust me, I hope I am the most wrong person in the forum on that. Just a bad gut feeling.

Could very well be. But this is now two articles/tidbits/rumors in the past 5 days or so that seem to suggest that the album may come out in February or March. That's more than we've had recently saying the contrary. If they are to release a single for the Grammy period, then it would have to be within the next 30 days. I just don't think that we will be getting a new song in the next 30 days at this point, and trust me, I hope I am the most wrong person in the forum on that. Just a bad gut feeling.

Have you seen the current musical climate? if U2 want to they can announce a single tomorrow by putting it on sale on iTunes and then giving it out to radios. This is 2008 a single doesn't need months on the radio; it will most likely be on sale within a week of being heard of radio so 30 days is plenty of times

I'll say it again: We haven't been waiting for four years. The "waiting" for a new album starts when the tour for the previous album finishes. Elevation tour finished in December 2001, Bomb was released in November 2004, so we waited just under three years. Vertigo tour finished in December 2006, and the album is about to come out in November 2008. That's less than two years.

They are ahead of schedule.

People are only basing their expectations on how things went with the ATYCLB and Bomb releases, but their promotional habits weren't always the same before that(hell, in the 90s they shunned playing on TV shows to promote albums) and since the band themselves as far back as the 2006 grammy awards said that they felt the thread of ATYCLB and Bomb was over and that they were ready to move on again, maybe that also INCLUDES the way they promote/release their new material.

:)

And if I remember correctly there were just about a bajillion articles out two weeks ago saying that Bono had leaked the entire album to everyone, it's name No Line On The Horizon, and one of it's track titles "Sexy Boots" :shrug:

I'll say it again: We haven't been waiting for four years. The "waiting" for a new album starts when the tour for the previous album finishes. Elevation tour finished in December 2001, Bomb was released in November 2004, so we waited just under three years. Vertigo tour finished in December 2006, and the album is about to come out in November 2008. That's less than two years.

They are ahead of schedule.

People are only basing their expectations on how things went with the ATYCLB and Bomb releases, but their promotional habits weren't always the same before that(hell, in the 90s they shunned playing on TV shows to promote albums) and since the band themselves as far back as the 2006 grammy awards said that they felt the thread of ATYCLB and Bomb was over and that they were ready to move on again, maybe that also INCLUDES the way they promote/release their new material.

Exactly...Screwtape, did you read this? So your theory that this is a sign that U2 is "winding down" is complete bullshit. Agreed? :)

They did not shun mega TV specials though, or soaking up MTV...and One was played for Top of the pops.

And if I remember correctly there were just about a bajillion articles out two weeks ago saying that Bono had leaked the entire album to everyone, it's name No Line On The Horizon, and one of it's track titles "Sexy Boots" :shrug:

Yeah I was thinking that two; one source reports it, and the rest pick up the story to get some of the readership. Whether it's based on fact at all if it's even remotely possible people will report it because someone somewhere will read it

Guys let's just wait for U2.com to report the official information on the November 2008 release in May 2009

I'm sure we WILL get some crucial information about the new album before the end of the week. Just wait and see.

I'm sure we WILL get some crucial information about the new album before the end of the week. Just wait and see.

People have been saying this every week for a month now

People here really need to stop obsessing, the album will be released in November no matter when it is announced so forget about it

Go listen to some other music; you know despite what many of you think U2 invented music they really didn't so check out other bands. Check out Television; U2 stole from them like Coldplay stole from U2 :wink:

Basically, the only information we have to go on about a 2009 release is a lack of information about a 2008 release from U2.com. There is an overwhelming amount of evidence, audible and otherwise, that supports the album being finished and more or less ready to go. The band is out of the studio, the videos are either done or being worked on, the single has been chosen, and now all we have to wait for is an official date. If that's not good enough for you, then I have no idea what to say.

you're still completely ignoring the new "tidbits" of information we have.

People have been saying this every week for a month now

People here really need to stop obsessing, the album will be released in November no matter when it is announced so forget about it

Go listen to some other music; you know despite what many of you think U2 invented music they really didn't so check out other bands. Check out Television; U2 stole from them like Coldplay stole from U2 :wink:

Crucial information abouth the last two albums was released in the last week of August and/or the first week of September. I know it's wishful thinking, but in three days we WILL know more about the new album. :yes:

Guys the album is coming out in November no matter what some random article said

I mean come on; there's no way Paul would give up on the chance to cash in on Christmas sales

Seriously in the UK an album at number 30 in December could sell more than a top 5 album in March; so unless U2 suddenly don't care about sales we're getting an album in November, so stop all the worrying :wink:

Motive, greed > rumors

And you're ignoring the fact that these tidbits have no confirmed source of any kind, and that they're made all the more unlikely by the claims the band members themselves have made over the past three months.

I'm sorry, but the band is on holiday. They're not thinking about the new album. I highly doubt that they just decided out of the clear blue that they dislike the direction of the album when they're not even in the studio at the moment.

And you're ignoring the fact that these tidbits have no confirmed source of any kind, and that they're made all the more unlikely by the claims the band members themselves have made over the past three months.

Q Magazine. no matter when the interview took place, we have a confirmation from a band member that they're thinking about releasing it in 2009. how many times will we have to remind you of this?

I'm sorry, but the band is on holiday. They're not thinking about the new album. I highly doubt that they just decided out of the clear blue that they dislike the direction of the album when they're not even in the studio at the moment.

i wouldn't be one bit surprised since that's what they did when they delayed HTDAAB/Solar.

If I write somewhere that the album is coming out in 2067 does that count as a tidbit? Because seriously those articles have no proof backing them up they just said the date

So yeah album is out in 2067; sorry guys it's a confirmed rumour

If I write somewhere that the album is coming out in 2067 does that count as a tidbit? Because seriously those articles have no proof backing them up they just said the date

So yeah album is out in 2067; sorry guys it's a confirmed rumour

according to LemonMelon, yes. :wink:

Q Magazine. no matter when the interview took place, we have a confirmation from a band member that they're thinking about releasing it in 2009. how many times will we have to remind you of this?

i wouldn't be one bit surprised since that's what they did when they delayed HTDAAB/Solar.

If they were planning on redoing the album and releasing it in early 2009 do you honestly think they'd go on holiday? Seriously if it's 2009, and they're all on holiday the date they're aiming for is November 2009

according to LemonMelon, yes. :wink:

Every indication from every band member not named Edge (who didn't say a thing about a date either way, and he's notoriously noncommittal about these things), is that the group is happy with the album, that it's finished, and that all we need to do is wait. You're apparently not very good at that, so you're running, lemming-style, off the cliff over a confirmed rumor. :wink:

If they were planning on redoing the album and releasing it in early 2009 do you honestly think they'd go on holiday? Seriously if it's 2009, and they're all on holiday the date they're aiming for is November 2009

that's a good question, though it does seem that band does like to work for a couple weeks and then take vacation, so it wouldn't completely shock me.

Every indication from every band member not named Edge (who didn't say a thing about a date either way, and he's notoriously noncommittal about these things), is that the group is happy with the album, that it's finished, and that all we need to do is wait. You're apparently not very good at that, so you're running, lemming-style, off the cliff over a confirmed rumor. :wink:

i am, and have always said that i'm completely fine with waiting if it means having a better product. i'm just giving my analysis of the situation.

Whoa whoa whoa...how did we get from "maybe making some last-minute changes and needing more time to settle on track selection/track order" to "redoing the album"? That's quite a leap.

Whoa whoa whoa...how did we get from "maybe making some last-minute changes and needing more time to settle on track selection/track order" to "redoing the album"? That's quite a leap.

It is. A tweak or two would only require another session (month) of work, which would push things into January or later. However, outside of an Edge quote dated from before the final sessions were finished, there's no indication that they even feel the need to do that.

BTW, Nam, I totally understand where you're coming from with your point about the band actually being ahead of schedule due to the tour being pushed into 2006 but, because of the confirmation that the band will be using songs from the summer 2006 Rubin sessions (dated BEFORE the end of the Vertigo tour), I think they have plenty of material, far more than necessary, and we've waited long enough.

Apple & New U2 song?

just a thought..

Apple announced today that theyre having a "Let's Rock" event on the 9th...

hearing rumors that the u2 crew shot that video in the streets of spain...might they be planning to incorporate u2 in this event? maybe a new u2 ipod/nano?

thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom