Official info about Chicago DVD by U2.com

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Zooropean103

Refugee
Get Ready To Get Dizzy

Vertigo 05 LIVE DVD, out mid November.

‘Vertigo 2005/U2 Live from Chicago’ will be released on November 14th. Here’s the scoop!

Filmed at the United Center Chicago on 9th and 10th May this year by Hamish Hamilton, the Vertigo 2005 DVD brings Vertigo 05 tour to the small screen.

The DVD comes on two discs. The first comes with the full live show, directed by Hamish Hamilton who directed both of U2's previous million selling live DVDs . The second disc is full of bonus material including Beyond The Tour, an intimate behind the scenes documentary.

But it also comes with something unique to the Vertigo Tour – a startling 'surveillance cuts’ version of the Chicago show. Conceived and filmed by U2’s longtime Show Director Willie Williams, the footage uses four remote controlled black and white infra-red surveillance cameras. Trust us – it offers a totally different perspective on the show. (You might even be on it!)

So ‘what’s the tracklisting ?’ we hear you shout. OK, this is what it looks and sounds like:

Disc One

City Of Blinding Lights
Vertigo
Elevation
Cry/Electric Co.
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Beautiful Day
New Year’s Day
Miracle Drug
Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own
Love And Peace Or Else
Sunday Bloody Sunday
Bullet The Blue Sky
Running To Standstill
Pride (In The Name Of Love)
Where The Streets Have No Name
One
Zoo Station
The Fly
Mysterious Ways
All Because Of You
Original Of The Species
Yahweh

Disc Two

1. BEYOND THE TOUR – DOCUMENTARY
Directed by Erica Forstadt

2. BONUS MATERIAL

- Surveillance Cuts
Love And Peace Or Else
An Cat Dubh/Into The Heart
Cry/Electric Co.
Running To Stand Still
Concept, direction and photography by Willie Williams.

- Sometimes You Can’t Make It On Your Own – Alternative Video
Directed by Phil Joanou

So no ABOY and MD from Radio 1 performance? Also curious what's this alternative video of SYCMIOYO...

... by Phil Janou. So mayby it's just performance from the brooklyn bridge? We didn't had any information about the band doing some other video, so what it could be?

Zooropean103 said:
Also what about the two versions which were mentioned before: the regular one and deluxe? Looks like there will be only one kind to buy.

Good question.... :scratch:

anybody else think this Surveillance Cuts thing is gonna be as lame as watching Hamish on the Boston DVD?

The alternative video doesn´t sound me too fine...............I guess it´s the album dvd performance or the brooklin bridge one..........
But anyway, again deluxe release....................must I again give a bunch of money out??? Oooooh, shit......................#what can I do? I MUST do it...........................:shrug:
:wink:
So, U2.com works?

:wink: :wink:

Chizip said:
anybody else think this Surveillance Cuts thing is gonna be as lame as watching Hamish on the Boston DVD?

Prrrooooobably.

In either case, I'm still excited. That's a great set. Pity we're not getting Party Girl, though. They could have at least put that on the second disc.

Zooropean103 said:
... by Phil Janou. So mayby it's just performance from the brooklyn bridge? We didn't had any information about the band doing some other video, so what it could be?

Phil was the director to the Sometimes official video also.
I think it will be the same video in the Dublin streets with another edition.

Chizip said:

It's the concert shoot with the cameras Willie uses to check if everything is all right with the stage, and also uses filming the people to make that effect on the screens during One.

:hmm: alternate Sometimes video?

Surveillance video sounds interesting, infra red black and white footage.

Im surprised about OOTS making it.. but then again i suppose it is one more bomb song... apart from that fantastic. Probably the best/most accurate tracklist that could be done.

Surveillance Video---

Didn't someone state at some point that there were going to be hidden cameras built into the structure of the ellipse--facing outward toward the crowd? I think it was discussed before the tour got off its feet. I remember there being a quote like, "So make sure you dress nice for the concert" or something....and it'd go with U2.com's current line of "You might even be on it." If that's what it is, it could be kind of funny...or it could be entirely throwaway....

Zooropean103 said:

I think we might get it as an easter egg. At least I hope so.

That's what I'm thinking too. Would be cool :up:

I'll likely wait till a few of you folks gets the deluxe version to say if it worth shelling out extra moola for.

But I'll be getting the basic one for sure :yes:!

Utoo said:
Surveillance Video---

Didn't someone state at some point that there were going to be hidden cameras built into the structure of the ellipse--facing outward toward the crowd? I think it was discussed before the tour got off its feet. I remember there being a quote like, "So make sure you dress nice for the concert" or something....and it'd go with U2.com's current line of "You might even be on it." If that's what it is, it could be kind of funny...or it could be entirely throwaway....

On the program I watched a weeks ago, I think it was a VH1 program. They mentioned this...

they do have hidden cameras to record people and then use that footage during one.

it could be funny to see once, but its not something youd watch over and over again on dvd, so i think its kind of silly to throw it in there. put in some extra performances or something that youd actually want to watch more than once.

to be honest i quite enjoed/still enjoy the directors cam on the boston DVD, good to see how it all works etc

also think this cam footage could be pretty funny, and it possibly only meant as a one of and not really something to watch time after time, after all the DVD is mainly just for the actual concert, the fact that we are getting a "behind the scenes" documentary, plus an alternate version of the sometimes video is enough to satisfy me

I am so happy with the setlist :up: 23 songs!! (24 if you count An Cat Dubh and Into the Heart as separate).

Finally a FULL U2 show (I know Yahweh and "40" were added from a previous night, but on the whole this is what a full Vertigo set might look like). Can hardly wait for this one!!

Well did anyone know Mysterious Ways was going to be on the Slane DVD?

Oh for fuck's sake.

It's not Running To Standstill
It's RUNNING TO STAND STILL!!!
:mad:

Look at the Joshua Tree cover, you U2.com fuckers.
Oh, by the way, check the Philly 2 article - you'll find more mistakes, like the first time Walk On was played on Vertigo '05... stuff like that.

djerdap said:
Oh for fuck's sake.

It's not Running To Standstill
It's RUNNING TO STAND STILL!!!
:mad:

Look at the Joshua Tree cover, you U2.com fuckers.
Oh, by the way, check the Philly 2 article - you'll find more mistakes, like the first time Walk On was played on Vertigo '05... stuff like that.

YES. Just like every other article on U2.com, this one was painful to read. Factual, spelling, and grammatical mistakes all over the show. Idiots. :|

:sigh:
And here I was thinking I had finally cracked the code to the regular vs. deluxe dealie. Now I'm back to thinking the only difference will be packaging.

Edgette said:
Chizip, we'll have to watch for you in the Surveillance cam bits. :wink:

:no:

im kind of afraid to see where i may pop up on this thing

Back
Top Bottom