October: Revisited...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

namkcuR

ONE love, blood, life
So, we know that October wasn't one of U2's big commercial successes, but could it have been? If, say, A Celebration had been added to it, a studio version of 'The Cry' had been added to it instead of 'Is That All'(which took the same riff), and the tracks re-arranged to improve the flow...something like this:

1)A Celebration
2)Fire
3)October
4)Rejoice
5)I Fall Down
6)Tomorrow
7)Stranger In A Strange Land
8)Studio Version of 'The Cry'
9)Gloria
10)With A Shout
11)I Threw A Brick Through A Window
12)Scarlet

Single 1 - A Celebration
---------
1.A Celebration
2.Is That All?(if Always, an early version of BD, can be a b-side, than ITA, an early(later?) version of The Cry can be a b-side)

Single 2 - Gloria
---------
1.Gloria
2.Party Girl

Single 3 - Fire
---------
1.Fire
2.J.Swallo

Single 4 - October
---------
1.October
2.J.Swallo/Party Girl/Is That All?

What do you think?

Why would 'A Celebration' be on the album, completely different recording sessions, completely different sound. As for the The Cry or Is That All, I could care less between the two.

I like Is That All? and The Cry both. Although a studio version of The Cry would probably only be like one minute or so. So I'd lean toward Is That All? As for A Celebration, it came after the album, so I'd say to put it on War instead of Red Light. Imagine what War could have been....

Sunday Bloody Sunday
Seconds
New Year's Day
Like A Song
Treasure
Drowning Man
The Refugee
Two Hearts Beat As One
A Celebration
Surrender

It sort of annoys me that "Celebration" isn't on an album. It's one of my favorite U2 songs and I don't have it dammit.

verte76 said:
It sort of annoys me that "Celebration" isn't on an album. It's one of my favorite U2 songs and I don't have it dammit.

What's your e-mail, verte? :)

Back
Top Bottom