october appreciation thread!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KhanadaRhodes

Paper Gods
Staff member
along with zooropa, i think this is their most underrated album. you simply don't hear people talk about it a lot. well, i want to change that. i love every song off of here, they're all fabulous. for an album that was so rushed, i think it still came off sounding pretty good.

it was also a real shame that this album didn't really get to be featured at all in the greatest hits. sure, there was the title track, but it was hidden, so it doesn't really count. who's with me? :D

I'm totally with you! Gloria, Tomorrow and October are U2 classics--yes, classics. Rejoice is a gorgeous, exhilarating song. Stranger in a Strange Land--intriguing lyric and what an assault from the guitars and drums. I Fall Down, beautiful rich song with great piano. This album is my favourite U2 album for piano use. It is also very likely my favourite for Larry and Adam's contribution. Listen to the power on I Threw a Brick.

I never understand how anyone could call this a pale rehash of Boy. I find the music more interesting and rich, the production is beautiful, Bono's singing is better. It's a real gem, though most fans and U2 themselves have consigned it to the dustbin, to all intents and purposes.

Gloria is easily in my top ten U2 songs. It's just beautiful, and October is a gorgeous song too.

I :heart: October. And I wish I was more articulate when talking about music. :slant:

:up: October rocks! It is my second favorite U2 album. It's even hard for me to pick my favorite songs off of it because they're all so great! Of course, there's Gloria, but recently I've also come to appreciate With a Shout and Scarlet. I just want to give Larry a big hug for his awesome drum part in With a Shout!

Viva October!

October has some great songs on it. I always find myself singing along on the final chorus of Gloria. I Threw A Brick Through A Window simply kicks butt (love Larry's drumming!), Tomorrow brings me to the brink of tears every time I hear it, and Scarlet is just beautiful.

Back
Top Bottom