Obi Wan Likes U2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ellay

Refugee
Anyone else read Ewan McGregor & Charley Boorman's book 'Long Way Round' yet.

He descibes how he sang Running to Stand Still to a load of mafia type blokes in Khazakstan..

(sadly that part got edited out of the tv show, it showed him singing a traditional scottish song but nowt else)

Nice one Ewan...

Maybe it was edited out of the final program, but the scene was available. I've not only seen it, but downloaded it from a site (can't remember where). Ewan is a fantastic actor (thank God he's in the new "Star Wars" films) and has a great voice. While I don't think he quite captured Bono's passion (that's difficult for ANYONE to capture - it's a huge part of what makes Bono's voice so great), he did a great job with his more low-key acoustic version.

I thought I heard about that somewhere. Ah well. I'm sure a number of people his age would be familiar enough with JT songs anyways.

It was shown on the US version of his show, I even posted about it here one night when I saw it on TV... Then someone uploaded a clip of it somewhere.

It was nice.

If Ewan McGregor and Jude Law got together, they would be the most beautiful couple in the world. Imagine the kids those two would have.

I love any excuse to post this pic of my two favorite celebs together...

be.jpg

:drool:

...and it was a nice rendition of Running...

U2dork said:
I love any excuse to post this pic of my two favorite celebs together...

be.jpg

:drool:

...and it was a nice rendition of Running...

Wow!!! :ohmy: I didn' think it was possible for me to adore Ewan MacGregor any more, and then I saw this picture! :drool:

Thanks for posting it!

I saw the title of this thread and the first thought that came to me is 'Hey, isn't Alec Guinness dead?' Yeah, I feel old.

Zootomic said:
I saw the title of this thread and the first thought that came to me is 'Hey, isn't Alec Guinness dead?' Yeah, I feel old.

I'm only 16 and I still thought that...haha:| Ok, yes, I'm a Star Wars geek. Get over it.:wink:

Back
Top Bottom