Oasis using U2 as a selling point?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
LOL... I just submitted this review:

Oasis Officially Turns Into U2, November 30, 2006
Reviewer: T. McIntyre "Oasis Watcher" (California) - See all my reviews

(REAL NAME)

Oasis has never been shy about flaunting their influences, and it shows again on their latest offering. Instead of simply sounding like U2, the band has decided to actually BE U2, and the result is their best work ever. "With or Without You," "Where the Streets Have No Name," and "Window in the Skies" take on added poignancy when actually sung by Bono, and backed by Edge, Larry Mullen Jr, and Adam Clayton.

I'm already excited about Oasis's upcoming "Zooropa" release, slated for mid-2007.

LyricalDrug said:

(REAL NAME)

Oasis has never been shy about flaunting their influences, and it shows again on their latest offering. Instead of simply sounding like U2, the band has decided to actually BE U2, and the result is their best work ever. "With or Without You," "Where the Streets Have No Name," and "Window in the Skies" take on added poignancy when actually sung by Bono, and backed by Edge, Larry Mullen Jr, and Adam Clayton.

I'm already excited about Oasis's upcoming "Zooropa" release, slated for mid-2007.

:rockon: :laugh:

Last edited:
LyricalDrug said:

(REAL NAME)

:lmao:!!!!

Oh man.

it would be 10x funnier if it was The Beatles "LOVE" cover.

Admit it.

My review that I just submitted:

1 star
"What a pile of wank this is"
November 30, 2006
A Kid's Review
Who wants to hear two lame bands mashed up? Green Day just did that with U2 and it sucked. The last good album U2 made was Pop, and everything they've done since is for old fogies with no indie cred whatsoever. Oasis is just plain retarded.

PASS.

LemonMelon said:
My review that I just submitted:

1 star
"What a pile of wank this is"
November 30, 2006
A Kid's Review
Who wants to hear two lame bands mashed up? Green Day just did that with U2 and it sucked. The last good album U2 made was Pop, and everything they've done since is for old fogies with no indie cred whatsoever. Oasis is just plain retarded.

PASS.

Boy, I can't wait to click the "NO!" option for "was this review useful".

doctorwho said:

It's sad that too many readers on Amazon do that. I've read some killer reviews with a third of the votes rating it "unhelpful". :(

My review however...

doctorwho said:

:laugh:

Btw, do you guys realize that this is one of the few threads in EYKIW where all of us agree on something without fighting? :wink:

Zootlesque said:

:laugh:

Btw, do you guys realize that this is one of the few threads in EYKIW where all of us agree on something without fighting? :wink:

wait, I just found this video of Bano doing Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toez!

Zomg!

Back
Top Bottom