O no!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

WildHonee

Mr. MacPhisto's Loo Cleaner
This is from U2.com's little summary of the Details article:

As U2's Elevation Tour returns to America, the last rock star may have finally found what he's looking for, reports Andrew Essex in a Details Magazine cover story.

The LAST rock star? That's kinda sad.
frown.gif

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Sweet sweet little Mona she always wants to come over" -butchered Ramones~

WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, "Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?" ~Bruuuce!~

I agree with Nicamom.

------------------
And if you dance then dance with me...

Originally posted by ~LadyLemon~:
I agree with Nicamom.

I agree with LadyLemon agreeing with NicaMom.

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I mean, it is a compliment to Bono, but it's also kind of sad -- cause it's like it's saying that THIS IS THE END (my friend) of all the good stuff. *sigh*

------------------
~*Mona*~
"Sweet sweet little Mona she always wants to come over" -butchered Ramones~

"Your girl leans over and says, "Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?" ~Bruuuce!~

I dunno.. I see him as the last truly relevant rock star that is still currently popular.

But in the most basic, aesthetic sense (completely discounting discernable talent)
the music industry is full of rock stars right now - like Kid Rock, Fred Durst, Puff Daddy, etc.. Not that I like any of them - but they walk the rock star walk, and talk the rock star talk. BLARG to all of them, though!

wink.gif

Nah, thats a big compliment to Bono!!!
Theya re saying hes the only truie rockstar in this time of crappy boy groups and pathetic non existant pretend rock bands.

Thats a good thing!

Rock's not dead people. Just think why U2's tour has been so well received in the first place.

------------------
Looking for explanations? Well I don't even understand

Originally posted by WildHonee:
This is from U2.com's little summary of the Details article:

As U2's Elevation Tour returns to America, the last rock star may have finally found what he's looking for, reports Andrew Essex in a Details Magazine cover story.

The LAST rock star? That's kinda sad.
frown.gif

Not to worry, I think that's just a reference to the ending of Kite, not some harbinger of doom.
wink.gif

Hey hey, my my, rock and roll is never gonna fuckin die.

I am here to save rock n roll from all that weird bollocks. We're fookin rock stars cause we walk the walk and talk the talk, ya know what I mean? It's not just about some boys looking pretty or nothin, it's about having the mentality to say "Fuck off" if they don't like ya. That's what I'm tryin to do. I ain't in this thing to make everyone my friend, know what I mean? Bono's gonna tell youse to fuck off if you don't like his stuff, man. That's why we're fookin rock stars. None o'that filler shit, just the real deal. Yeah man, I love that.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

You're not gonna save rock an' roll, mate, an we're not, I AM. Trust me, when you hear me vocals on the new Oasis album, I think all of you will cry. They're that fookin' good. Oh yeah, I haven't put them down yet...

Yeah, you been stuck on the fookin piss for like three month now. God knows ya ain't gonna do much better. You just better be up to my fookin standards or I'm gonna kick yer arse-again. Quit bein' a sledge and do yer job.

------------------
Reporter: Can you sum up Oasis in one word?
Me: ME!

*suddenly remembers why she doesn't visit EYKIW as often as PLEBA*

biggrin.gif
heheh what's goin on?!

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

heh *runs back to safety of PLEBA*....for now

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

Back
Top Bottom