NYC and Unforgettable Fire fookin' rock!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

pub crawler

New Yorker
I'm in NYC for my first time and I gotta say this town rocks!

Saw Unforgettable Fire last weekend in Brook-lynnnnnnn and I can honestly say they are really good. Loved all their stuff, with standout performances being Out of Control, Elevation and Two Hearts (made me realize U2 really need to play Two Hearts live again). The singer Tony really has Bono down. Very high energy show and tons of fun.
biggrin.gif

Met some very cool NYC Interferencers (Ally, Sad Eyed Lady, Harlequinn), who were really friendly and made me feel welcome. Thanks, y'all.
wink.gif

*runs off to experience more of this incredible city*

yeah, pubcrawler!!! woohoo!

we had sooo much fun meeting you the other night- i was a bit, um, *happy* (hahaha) but it was great fun hanging out with you! glad you're enjoying our incredible city!! and yes, UF does indeed rock.
wink.gif

again, it was great to meet you pub crawler!
biggrin.gif

here's a photo of a bunch of us crazy U2/UF fans before the show this past saturday- you might recognize some of these characters! (in case your memory of that nite is hazy as mine, i'm the one in the back left corner)

33447%3A7923232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3232%3E2%3A9%3E769%3E23232%3A985%3A78%3Aot1lsi

have a safe trip back to LA!

one more pic to bring back fond memories of that night-
UF onstage doing tequila shots in honor of george's (the drummer's) birthday

33447%3A%3B523232%7Ffp5%3Enu%3D3235%3E978%3E9%3B5%3Ewsnrcg%3D3232399%3B4568%3Anu0mrj

whenever you interferencers are in NYC, come see UF and hang out with us crazy U2 fans! we're a fun bunch, right sharky??
tongue.gif
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by *Ally* (edited 05-16-2002).]

Originally posted by ouizy:
Ahhhh, so that's you Ally...

Who else is in that pic???

well, the only other people you might know are ruth and khelia (sadeyedlady and harlequinn)- they're on the right; harlequinn is wearing the v-neck purple shirt, and sadeyedlady has her arm around her.

the two girls crouching in front are members of the U2 NYC group- they don't post here. back row are other U2 fans who don't post here either....
frown.gif
sorry i couldn't be more helpful! ouizy, you should join the U2 NYC group- sharky's a member as well.

here's the addy: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/U2NYC/

very cool - I will check that out.

Is that Ruth as in "Ruth from New York City" the woman pulled onstage @ MSG to play Knocking on Heaven's Door?

Originally posted by ouizy:
very cool - I will check that out.

Is that Ruth as in "Ruth from New York City" the woman pulled onstage @ MSG to play Knocking on Heaven's Door?

yes!! that's ruth! have you heard the boot? she did a great job with her ad-libbed verse.... "but new york city is the best place!" that got one of the biggest cheers of the night, i think.
smile.gif

definitely check out U2 NYC- that goes for everyone who lives in the NYC area! we meet to go see UF once a month, plus we go to other shows in the metro area together. next monday i'm going to see pete yorn with a fellow U2NYCer, and i've also been to starsailor and coldplay shows with members of the group.
biggrin.gif
it's a great bunch of people!

Hear the boot?!!!!!!!!!???????

I was at the show!!!!! (and I have the songs on my hard - drive - I listen to the show EVERY day!)

That is too f'ing cool.

And yes her lyrics were quite impressive. If you speak to her, you can tell her that when she is playing during KOHD I rewind over and over again to hear her 'New York' verse. I just try to imagine what that would have been like to sing that line in front of the Garden - that girl's got gaul...

that is cool...

I am going to check out that site for that NYC group...

i will definitely let her know, ouizy!!
biggrin.gif

hope to see you at the next UF show- may 31st, flannery's (14th st. and 7th ave.).

smile.gif

ack! who had a camera??? someone other than our friendly neighborhood pimp??? hee hee hee

'twas a fun night and a good b-day...

eversonice to meet pub crawler...do come back to NYC soon!!!

pubbie! Glad to hear you are having a good time. So when are you going to come visit the Twin City interference group, eh?
biggrin.gif
wink.gif

Pubster-
Glad you had a good time.
I know some of those girls and guys in the NYC group.
Hope the girls didnt corrupt you.
wink.gif

diamond

------------------
AIM= diamondbruno9

drowning woman? Pimpsta? I think I know you! love, Farrah

Ally, we'll have to post info the next UF show in the next few weeks. I've been such a bad UF fan-- haven't seen them in months. And sorry again to miss you Crawler.

All you NYCers come join us-- we're a crazy wacky bunch but in a good way.

Originally posted by sharky:
drowning woman? Pimpsta? I think I know you! love, Farrah

yes, looks like our third angel has finally come out of lurkdom and joined us on interference!! glad you had a fun bday, darlin!!!
biggrin.gif

woohoo sharky's gonna be at the show on the 31st!! we will definitely have to plan to meet up...
smile.gif

Originally posted by dizzy:
UF at Flannery's on the 31st? Hmmm...so tempting. I wanna see them again!!!

yay! come to ny, dizzy! i only got to meet you for about 10 seconds in bklyn in march- you should try to make it up again sometime soon so we can all hang out!!
smile.gif

Originally posted by diamond:
Pubster-
Glad you had a good time.
I know some of those girls and guys in the NYC group.
Hope the girls didnt corrupt you.
wink.gif

diamond

who us?? come on, all us NYC girls are as innocent as can be....
wink.gif

Originally posted by *Ally*:
who us?? come on, all us NYC girls are as innocent as can be....
wink.gif

Heehee. Riiiight.
biggrin.gif
Well, I'll try to make it and we can all meet up again! This time I won't be late.
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom