NUMB video: hairy hand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

hibricc

Refugee
Apologies if this is a FAQ...

Whose hand caresses Edge's chin near the end of the Numb video? My 3-year-old son really wants to know, and Godley's commentary doesn't say!

According to the Flanagan book, "Ian Brown, Godley's Scottish producer, is drafted to gently caress the Edge's cheek with his big, burly hand'. ( p. 258)

hibricc said:
Thanks, biff! Now to try and explain that to my son....:scratch:

Just tell him there was nothing meant by it, it was just a silly bit in a humorous video. :)

I'm more worried about explaining to my son why, when smoking is bad for you, that Bono and Adam smoke in so many videos! :(

Sue DeNym said:

Just tell him there was nothing meant by it, it was just a silly bit in a humorous video. :)

My concern had more to do with trying to explain what a "producer" is, rather than any romantic implications. He sure doesn't seem bothered by the girls licking Edge's face!

I'm more worried about explaining to my son why, when smoking is bad for you, that Bono and Adam smoke in so many videos! :(

"They're just PRETENDING to smoke. Isn't that silly?" :wink: 'Course, that might not work if your son is any older than say, 5....

Sue DeNym said:

You can explain it to your son like my mom explained those types of things to me and my brother, just because someone is a good person that doesn't mean everything they do is good or that we should do everything they do.

dsmith2904 said:

You can explain it to your son like my mom explained those types of things to me and my brother, just because someone is a good person that doesn't mean everything they do is good or that we should do everything they do.

... like when my son tells me that Edge shouldn't be throwing rocks :shame: in the "Stuck" video in your sig.

Hmm..i seen the video so many time the infamous hand is Bono.If anyone pauses the vidoe and gets a good look you can tell it's him.

AdamsPoptart said:
Hmm..i seen the video so many time the infamous hand is Bono.If anyone pauses the vidoe and gets a good look you can tell it's him.

We actually did slo-mo and pause the video several times in different places (this is really important to my son!). The hairy hand is wearing rings on the ring and pinky fingers, and a thick silver wrist bracelet (or several thin ones - tough to tell). Unfortunately, we can't see Bono's right hand well enough anywhere else to determine what he's wearing.

hibricc said:

We actually did slo-mo and pause the video several times in different places (this is really important to my son!). The hairy hand is wearing rings on the ring and pinky fingers, and a thick silver wrist bracelet (or several thin ones - tough to tell). Unfortunately, we can't see Bono's right hand well enough anywhere else to determine what he's wearing.

To follow up.... we actually DO see Bono's right hand when he's singing in Edge's ear (he puts it over Edge's shoulder). No rings, no bracelet. So unless he puts on two rings and a bracelet and crosses behind the camera for that caress, it ain't Bono.

I can't believe I've studied this video so closely... the things we do for our kids. :coocoo:

Well I really don't think Bill Flanagan would lie in his book so I'm going with his answer. Plus, the hair on the hand looks too light to me to be the shade of hair that would be on Bono's hand.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom