Numb

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thecrackedjack5

The Fly
I've recently come to realize what a fantanstic song this is. I especially love the new mix of it. The old mix just lacked a little something. Just shows you how versitile the band is. Along with Radiohead, U2 is probably the most versitile band I know. I mean, look at Mofo, and WOWY, they couldn't be more different. Anyone else agree?

whole Zooropa is great, but you should listen to it for a couple of times

I should add that, while I do love the song tremendously, I am anything but a fan of the new mix. I didn't like it at all...just felt too busy, too over-done, and too revisionist. I may have been reacting to a remix almost ten years after the fact, I may have been reacting against a new version of a song I know like the back of my hand, I may be reacting against remixes themselves...or maybe I just straight-up didn't like it; it's hard for me to say, because I'm so tied to the song, after all this time. It's nearly impossible for me to objectively look at the whole thing and say WHY I feel this way....even so, I still DO feel this way. I'll take the '93 LP version any day of the week.

Back
Top Bottom