|02-28-2002, 08:01 PM||#21|
Blue Crack Distributor
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: small town Pennsylvania, USA
Local Time: 01:26 PM
Was thrilled that U2 did the opening number.__________________
I think that Ray Romano would of done a better job of hosting.
Edge getting the spa pass was hilarious. I think he was surprised.
Britney looked more classy, then trashy.
The worst dressed were The Dixie Chicks.
Thought it was great to hear Edge and Adam speak.
And I thought the show would never end. Three and a half hours long.
|02-28-2002, 08:26 PM||#22|
I serve MacPhisto
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: the HORROR
Local Time: 07:26 AM
Did you not see the whores from 'moulin rouge"
|02-28-2002, 08:29 PM||#23|
Join Date: Mar 2001
Location: Planet Pleba
Local Time: 05:26 AM
That "Lady Smarmy" bit was the worst piece of shit ive seen in a long time. What were they shrieking about??? The only word i recognized was "poo-poo"!!! BARF!!!!
Alicia Keyes was one of the most ungrateful winners ive seen in awhile. AShe didnt appear to give a rats ass that she one. She looked so bored, and not in th least surprised.
Michale Green WAS an embarrassment. Big time! But what else would you expect?
Look...look what you've done to me...You've made me poor and infamous, and I thank you...
My name is MISS MACPHISTO...I'm tired and i want to go HOME...
"Well you tell...Bonovista,that i said hello and that my codename is Belleview" - Bono before opening night of Anaheim Elevation concert
Well tonight thank God it's them, instead of you...
[This message has been edited by Miss MacPhisto (edited 02-28-2002).]
|02-28-2002, 08:56 PM||#24|
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: New York
Local Time: 08:26 AM
WAIT!!! The BIGGEST upset of the night was Sade not getting the only award she was nominated for in GOD knows how long its been!!! Has anyone listened to Lover's rock, is the album not more than enough for a come back??? Sheesh, I hate the grammies now...
|02-28-2002, 09:13 PM||#25|
Join Date: Jul 2000
Location: down the road from the Harmony Motel
Local Time: 06:26 AM
|02-28-2002, 10:52 PM||#26|
Join Date: Sep 2000
Location: Georgia, USA
Local Time: 01:26 PM
1. GREAT performance of Walk On - still my fav cut from the album
2. Jon Stewart did suck. Billy Crystal or no please
3. Agree about Brittany Spears. While the hair was a little too big, I thought that, for a change, she looked "pretty."
4. The girl that danced with the N'SYNC lead singer during that debacle with NELLY was HOTTTTT.
5. Keys is overrated, but I thought her performance was pretty good.
6. Even though I'm U2 all the way to grave, I think Dave Matthews should have won best rock song over Elevation. We lucked up there, got jobbed on Album of the Year.
7. Emmylou Harris can sing!
8. Mary J. Blidge can too!!
9. Happy Nelly Furtado and Coldplay bagged something
10. Bob Dylan is an embarrassment to himself and his past, and has been for several years now. No more performances PLEASE!!
11. Overall, 4 out of 8 ain't too bad. And though I hate to admit it, sometimes even I wish Bono would shut up.
|03-01-2002, 12:40 AM||#27|
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Join Date: Apr 2001
Location: out in the slipstream
Local Time: 01:26 PM
1. Walk On was amazing- I especially loved the choir singing the Hallelujahs, and Bono's voice was excellent.
2. It was great that U2 was sitting in the first row so there could be lots of camera shots of them. Plus, Edge was able to get the spa treatment from Ray Romano.
3. I'm a big fan of Jon Stewart and the Daily Show, but I must admit that he's not a very good Grammy host. I don't know if he writes the material or if it's the responsibility of other people, but it wasn't that great. I did love the Creed joke, though!
4. I thought Mary J. Blige's performance was very impressive, and I'm not a big hip hop / R&B fan.
5. "I'm Like a Bird" did get on my nerves back when it was played all the time, but I really enjoyed Nelly Furtado's performance. I'm glad she won an award. I think she was definitely the best dressed female.
6. Speaking of fashion, Sheryl Crow's outfit looked like something Christina Aguilera would wear (and that's not a compliment).
7. I felt bad for India Arie. She should've won at least one award after being nominated in so many categories.
8. Do the winners know that they're going to win in advance? It seemed like some winners weren't suprised, and U2 definitely seemed to know they were going to win Record of the Year. They goofed off to an extent during their first 3 acceptance speeches, but when it was time to accept ROTY they actually thanked specific people and were more together (well, besides Bono's ramblings ). Also, it was strange that U2 was backstage with India Arie when the nominees were being read. It seemed like they knew they were going to win and had been told to go backstage in preparation. Very bizarre- it kind of spoiled the award.
[This message has been edited by Giant Lemon (edited 02-28-2002).]
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Half-time Show Info||U2live||Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive||1||02-04-2002 06:38 PM|
|The best for last - LA3 show||Discoteque||PLEBA Archive||7||11-30-2001 04:32 AM|
|It's a musical JOURNAL - Dallas Show, Pt. 2||Discoteque||PLEBA Archive||6||11-28-2001 03:33 AM|
|It's a musical JOURNAL - Dallas Show, Pt. 1||Discoteque||PLEBA Archive||2||11-27-2001 11:00 PM|
|How I didn't get to play with U2...my story....||EdgeZTV||Everything You Know Is Wrong Archive||1||11-02-2001 05:15 AM|