Now that so many people revealed their age, anyone surprised by the results?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
(you know, the "how young are Interferencers" thread)

Yes. I was.

1) Because i had no idea we actually had people below 18 here (ok, i knew about baker. i kinda thought we were all 18-and above). Nice to see the new generation appreciate U2 as well.

2) Specifically, i was surprised to see the ages of Acrob@t, Deathbear, Diemen. They all "sounded" like guys in their 20's to me.
Also, i didn't know Trip thru your wires was yet to be 21. She too seemed like someone in her 20's to me, but more like mid 20's.

3) I thought the average age of U2 fans is higher than 22/23-which is cool since i'm 23 too.
(it probably is higher outside the internet community-more towards the 30's)

------------------
"It's about finding your way into the music." - Edge

"Something inside said this could be everything in your life." - Bono

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

"Adam believed in the band before anyone did." - Bono

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-30-2001).]

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I didn't even see the thread you are talking about, so, no.

Really? Damn. Someone better start a new age thread then.

I wasn't really surprised by everyone's ages because I think the maturation process varies from person to person; whereas someone who is 14 can speak like a grown person, and a grown person could speak and have the mentality of a much younger person.

You just never know
smile.gif

------------------
~~~All I got is a red guitar, some Boards and my youth.~~~

Originally posted by U2Bama:
I didn't even see the thread you are talking about, so, no.

Well if you're interested, you can always look it up at the pages from the past posts at the bottom of the page.

------------------

"U2 as a band does things no one else can do. I think that is a very powerful thing." - Larry

I thought everyone here was in their 50's at least.

------------------
"I'm gonna start a day care!"-Bono

*is but 17*

smile.gif
I do my best to try to convert the other youngens to U2ism.
smile.gif
I take full advantage -- when I do projects I try my best to incorporate U2.
biggrin.gif
U2 High School.

------------------
~*Mona*~ the Shamrock n rolla!

"Most of our organization is run by women. We sort of work for them, really!" ~BonoBaby~

We live forwards. We understand backwards.

TURN EACH SONG INTO A PRAYER

Not that I want to sound arrogant or anything... and by that I mean by comparing us to the common non-U2fan people... but I think it takes a higher maturity and intelligence to truly enjoy U2 music. They have some truly powerful music. And unlike the great majority of music today which tailors strictly to selling violence, sex, drugs, and poor morals to the young and impresisonable, U2 seems to be more soulful and passive. Thats not to say that they dont have any wild songs (hmm, elevation, sunday bloody sunday, exit, the end of the world, etc) but they use their fame and ability to make messages amongst the population tastefully. I think we can all say that we love U2, we may not even be able to explain why, but theres just something there, something that reaches out and says something. They of course do tailor to their audiance, but its a different way, they dont arebetrairly talk about pimping and shooting people just to make themselves more popular, they have a constantly changing style, everythings fresh, its not boring, and its not objectionable, its just... well its just U2. Im not really suprised, anyone of any age can appreciate it, but they have to be able to think for themselves.

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 10-30-2001).]

I saw a guy in the heart at earls court who had to be in his 50-60's Mind you if he was in his 50's then he would only had been 30 when u2 started out.No harm in that! It doesn't matter what age you are as long as you enjoy the music,u2 are bound to get a cross section of ages as they have been around a long time, crap like boy bands are going to appeal to screaming knicker creaming virgins in their teens and maybe the odd housewife in her 20's or 30's, but a mature band will get more of a cross section of ages then here today gone tomorrow manufactured type bands

Perhaps the average age around here is lower-20s because this is a representation taken from an online community?

Perhaps the age would be different if you pulled an average from the GA line at a show.

But still in all, yes, U2 crosses many boundaries!

Yes, I am surprised that I'm only 19. I feel like I'm about 45.
eek.gif

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
Not that I want to sound arrogant or anything... and by that I mean by comparing us to the common non-U2fan people... but I think it takes a higher maturity and intelligence to truly enjoy U2 music. They have some truly powerful music. And unlike the great majority of music today which tailors strictly to selling violence, sex, drugs, and poor morals to the young and impresisonable, U2 seems to be more soulful and passive. Thats not to say that they dont have any wild songs (hmm, elevation, sunday bloody sunday, exit, the end of the world, etc) but they use their fame and ability to make messages amongst the population tastefully. I think we can all say that we love U2, we may not even be able to explain why, but theres just something there, something that reaches out and says something. They of course do tailor to their audiance, but its a different way, they dont arebetrairly talk about pimping and shooting people just to make themselves more popular, they have a constantly changing style, everythings fresh, its not boring, and its not objectionable, its just... well its just U2. Im not really suprised, anyone of any age can appreciate it, but they have to be able to think for themselves.

[This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 10-30-2001).]

I agree. That's why the MTV kids dont' understand U2- they don't understand where U2 is coming from and can't understand that there is more to music than a melody.

Originally posted by Diemen:
Um, I am a guy in my 20s. I'm 22.
smile.gif

I meant more like around 25. Same goes for Trip.

Don't be offended by it-i didn't mean it in a bad way. It was just my impression you were older.

------------------

Originally posted by baker6621:

I agree. That's why the MTV kids dont' understand U2- they don't understand where U2 is coming from and can't understand that there is more to music than a melody.

I agree with what Jeremy is saying, but i don't think MTV kids can't understand U2. This board here proves that the younger generation can appreciate U2. Not all of the kids today listen to produced boy band/Britney & co. or hip hop/new metal stuff.
For example, i was an "MTV kid" (but only by age) when i first saw U2 videos-Streets, and later, AB videos. And i was instantly hooked.
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by U2girl (edited 10-31-2001).]

Nope..I still feel sexy..at dimon39..

somedays I giggle when 20 yr olds dictate
what protocol and proper fan form is...

Its all good though..Brothers and Sisters and children of the music..

Diamond

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
If curious click
links for
Bono/Dimon-Bos.4 Story
and Photos..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

Originally posted by ~unforgettableFOXfire~:
but I think it takes a higher maturity and intelligence to truly enjoy U2 music. [This message has been edited by ~unforgettableFOXfire~ (edited 10-30-2001).]

Hmmmmm...i don't know about that. I don't think i am automatically more mature or more intelligent to other people my age just because i am a U2 fan-and they are not.
I don't think a music preference defines a person's smartness. (spelling?)

Originally posted by baker6621:
I agree, here the ages may be younger but I noticed in the concerts they are 30's + mayb even higher...

What concerts are you refering to? I've been to the Montreal and Toronto concerts here in Canada, and although there are people in their 30's or 40's, the vast majority of fans are in their mid 20's.

Originally posted by DoctorGonzo:

WHoa....I DIDN'T expect that (I'm 19 too)...maybe it's because I get you confused with DrTeeth, whom, I believe, is older.

I was surpirsed as to how may teenagers are in here...and the variability amongst them. I mean, we have NEW teenage fans, then we have pysco-obsessed crazed fanatics like Skeek
biggrin.gif
. We have people who feel so young compared to their age (me!) and people the same age who are engaged (Bonochick--I'm still in shock over that one!
eek.gif
). When I came here a year ago there were a lot more older people. It's nice (for me now) to know that there are more young'uns. Things change, yes, but not necessairly for the worse...I like the diversity here--we get a lot of different views.

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 10-31-2001).]

Originally posted by The_Sweetest_Thing:

I'm 19 too

We have people who feel so young compared to their age (me!) and people the same age who are engaged (Bonochick--I'm still in shock over that one!
eek.gif
)

You and me both! *lol*
biggrin.gif

In a good way though...
wink.gif

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

[This message has been edited by Bonochick (edited 10-31-2001).]

I'm 24 which seems pretty average, but I saw a (I kid you not!!!) a women in her 70's in the heart with me at Chicago #2 in the spring! (Someone who was there back me up on this!) This band IS for everyone!!!

Back
Top Bottom