Now I know why they chose Stay livre from Toronto...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
...to be released as a B-side. Because it's amazingly, astonishingly, breathtakingly BEAUTIFUL. It's perfection, everything in this performance is in its right place, Bono's voice and interpretation, Edge's acoustic guitar and backing vocals, the crowd singing along the "oh, oh, oh" part. I wish I were there, my, oh my...

I got my Canadian Stuck single yesterday and I cannot stop listening to Stay. I wanna thank Michael Griffiths and SkeeK for the tip on this CD single. It's my fave already.
smile.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

Wanderer, the Zoo Europa one used to be fave...until I listened to this one.

Mariana, this single has the edit version of Stuck plus Stuck acoustic, Stay from Toronto and Elevation Vandit remix, really nice.

Zoo Europa is still the better for me too..the gentle alternative acoustic opening...Bono's gentle falsetto he hits on every chorus..either way its a gem live

off with the horns, on with the show
biggrin.gif

Ask hubby to get you that one Mariana
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by follower (edited 01-19-2002).]

I love it more than the studio version. I always love this song better live.

Yeah, the Zooropa and Zoomerang/New Zooland etc. ones are slightly better in my opinion due to the fact that there are two guitars in it plus Larry and Adam....gives it a much fuller and completed sound....but the Elevation version is great because it is quite different and a lot more in the theme of the Elevation tour.
Bless you all.
WHYWHY

luckily I bought several copies of that single...I think that particular track is going to wear out from over use.
'tis truly beautiful, eh follower?

I was lucky enough to hear it live, and it was really amazing. Not a lot of the audience seemed to know it at first, but really got into it by the end.

------------------
"You gotta love living, baby, 'cause dyin's a pain in the ass."-- Frank Sinatra

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Hey people, this is not a contest, LOL, ZOO Europa version is outstanding, no doubt, but I rather listen to this new one nowadays.

I think you already know me, right? When I get excited and moved (again
biggrin.gif
) by a U2 song or especific performance I feel like sharing with ya?ll. Thanks for your responses.
smile.gif

------------------
"To me a rock and roll concert is 3-D, it?s a physical thing - it?s rhythm for the body. It?s a mental thing in that it should be intellectually challenging. But it?s also a spiritual thing, because it?s a community, it?s people agreeing on something, even if it?s only for an hour and a half." (Bono, as quoted in the book U2 The Road to Pop)

I think they were still high from the Toronto version when they played in Buffalo next. "I think this might be the best song we've written!" - Bono, about 'Stay' before he and the Edge played it in Buffalo 5/31 (quote as best as I can remember, so it may not be totally accurate)

It was definitely memorable. I haven't listened to it in the same way since.

------------------
If your glass house should crack....POE

Hey follower, guess what?
I didn't already have 2 Stuck singles, I have 3!LOL
I have:
1-Stuck with BD and NY from Farmclub(a must for me
biggrin.gif
)
2-Stuck with Big girls are best and BD Quincey & sonance remix.
3-Stuck with Big girls are best,
All i want is you-live in paris
and Even better than the real thing-live in paris. I "had" to have this one because of the pictures and neat packaging.
biggrin.gif

Bono speaking French a nice treat too.
smile.gif

I think I'm Out of Control with singles this time around, can you say addiction?lol

[This message has been edited by NicaMom (edited 01-20-2002).]

I was able to find the "Walk On" single (from Australia) that includes "Streets" and Gone from Boston AND "Stay" from Toronto.
follower you're a right, that version of Stay is just a beautiful, thank you for the recommendation!
We also bought the "Walk On" single (from England) with the acoustic "Stuck" and the video.
smile.gif

aww did you nicamom? no, that is good, but I thought ..aha i have that single, I can do do something for you. Too late..again. I now realise this is an old thread that has reappeared.
My first response to your topic heading follower was "yes!! it's beautiful like you"
Stil my fave by far.....away so close
smile.gif

yup cass dear, this thread is ages old, LOL...thanks for your kind words music lover
wink.gif

Hey Nica, guess what? When I wrote this topic, back on January, I had just bought the canadian Stuck single and I was mesmerized for this version of Stay. Now I have also the same australian Walk On single you have, the red one, so I have Stay from Toronto twice
smile.gif
. I bought this last one because of another amazing performance and that is exactly Gone from Boston. But this subject for another thread...maybe
wink.gif

smile.gif

Hmmm.... I was there but can't remember it being so outstanding. One good reason though might be that I was so out in the blue already and was just so, so, so, so happy to just hear it, since it's one of my fav songs, it didn't really matter how it sounded at the moment.

You know where I'm heading before work later.... yes, the record shop, even if the whole boot is on it's way, I just can't wait to hear it after all what you've just said.

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

http://community.webshots.com/user/misszooropa
Pictures from Copenhagen (shirtless ones), London and Dublin, Slane.

You got that quote almost perfect Drumkeeran.He says it might be the best song they ever wrote after he goes on about Berlin at the start of the 90s.Its a great version and also a great bootleg.

Cheers.
Henke.

Awww cass, thank you anyway, it's the thought that counts.
smile.gif

follower, I think we an addiction problem, we're addicted to u2 singles!
biggrin.gif

And we're "corrupting" Sara and dizzy!
wink.gif

It's really a must have single, so go get it girls!
smile.gif

BTW, I have still from the Stuck video, they're posted at PLEBA: http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/004403.html http://forum.interference.com/u2feedback/Forum7/HTML/004402.html
There are some very nice shots of shadeless Bono and of Mr. Edge's beautiful eyes..
smile.gif

Back
Top Bottom