Notre Dame webcast video bootleg offer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2ITNOL

Acrobat
Using the high-quality 225kb/s on-demand broadband feed of the Notre Dame webcast (available to Real Gold Pass subscribers), I was able to videotape the Notre Dame webcast to hi-fi stereo VHS with surprisingly good results. It was pretty easy to do... My PC's video card has a composite video output jack for tv/vcr. I connected that video output up to my vcr's video input, and my sound card's stereo audio output to my vcr's audio inputs. Then had my vcr record while playing the webcast in Real Player's full-screen mode. The result was surprisingly quite good! The video quality is decent, definitely nothing like DVD with the noticeable video compression artifacts. But it's still very watchable. The audio quality is excellent, near soundboard quality. It was nice being able to watch the webcast on my living room's bigscreen tv with the sound being pumped from my home stereo system! This video will keep me satisfied until the Boston Elevation DVD comes out next month.
smile.gif

I'm going to make copies of this Notre Dame VHS bootleg available to the first 10 people who email me at phnxcoyote@hotmail.com
USA/Canada people only. The video is in NTSC format, so it won't play back in Europe and other countries that use PAL.
I picked up a 10-pack of blank VHS tapes today and plan to start recording the videos tomorrow. All I'm asking is $7 from each person to cover my expenses; blank videotape, postage and padded envelopes. Before anyone emails me with trade offers, sorry, I can't do trades right now. I wish I could. But due to lack of employment, money is tight, so I'd like to recoup my expenses, not add to them.

One more thing... This video doesn't contain "What's Going On?". That song was omitted from the webcast rebroadcast and on-demand feeds, probably for copyright reasons.

[This message has been edited by U2ITNOL (edited 10-17-2001).]

Hey I just e-mailed you !!!!!

Thanks so much I've been trying to figure out how I'm going to get this on a boot vhs !!!

biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

U2 fans are the best fans in the world!

------------------
"Things will not be the same in this city for us." -Bono, Dublin, February 1980

I've received 10 replies to the offer. If you already emailed me, you're in and will be receiving an email shortly.

Back
Top Bottom