Note to fans about to see U2-3D

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2girl

Blue Crack Addict
Thanks to atu2.com's Off the record column:

There are a few key things about U2 3D that fans need to know. No matter how enthusiastic the theater staff may be to usher you out as the credits start rolling, the film is no where near over as the credits begin. Stay for those extra four minutes and enjoy the visuals and music for "Yahweh." When you read the credits, you’ll find an awesome note for you to read. I was gobsmacked when I saw "U2 would like to thank their fans, touring crew and staff, whose long-term loyalty, commitment and support have helped shape who we are today, this film is for you." Wow. Um, you're welcome?!

U2girl said:
Thanks to atu2.com's Off the record column:

There are a few key things about U2 3D that fans need to know. No matter how enthusiastic the theater staff may be to usher you out as the credits start rolling, the film is no where near over as the credits begin. Stay for those extra four minutes and enjoy the visuals and music for "Yahweh." When you read the credits, you’ll find an awesome note for you to read. I was gobsmacked when I saw "U2 would like to thank their fans, touring crew and staff, whose long-term loyalty, commitment and support have helped shape who we are today, this film is for you." Wow. Um, you're welcome?!

What a lovely message.

Here's the BBC report of the show. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7200078.stm

Re: Re: Note to fans about to see U2-3D

DevilsShoes said:
OH MY GOD THE BONO AND EDGE QUOTES!!!!!

Guitarist The Edge said: "I was really hoping we weren't crap after all these years. Luckily we weren't."

But frontman Bono said: "It's kind of horrific. It's bad enough on a small screen.

"Now you get to see the lard-arse 40-foot tall."

:lmao:

:lmao:

That's a nice touch at the end of the film, but, not sure why anyone would be gobsmacked by that.

Seeing the movie on Sunday with some coworkers who claim to love the band. We'll see. :)

BrownEyedBoy said:

Are you ALWAYS this bitter?

Yes.

Even when his New York team wins, he can't fucking lighten up.

What the fuck is wrong with you Headahce? You make us U2 fans so sad. I am cry. :sad:

BrownEyedBoy said:

Are you ALWAYS this bitter?

Look at some of the other replies too.

We know U2 "likes to talk about their fans", except there was never a dedication/thank you to the fans on a official video release. Actually, make that ANY official release (album, DVD).

U2girl said:

except there was never a dedication/thank you to the fans on a official video release. Actually, make that ANY official release (album, DVD).

yeah, I just saw it and loved that.
I turned to my friends and said:

"about time someone thanked me in film credits!"

U2girl said:
Look at some of the other replies too.

We know U2 "likes to talk about their fans", except there was never a dedication/thank you to the fans on a official video release. Actually, make that ANY official release (album, DVD).

:sad:

coolian2 said:
I hope i remember this in 36 years when it comes to New Zealand

Youre planning and construction process is faster than here. I reckon it'll take Perth at least that long to design an IMAX theatre, let alone build one to the point of a screening.

doctorwho said:
But the only bigger wankers are the NY Giants and the Manning family. :barf:

Patriots <---- not as big of a wankers as the Giants, but bigger wankers than U2. :yes:

Go Pats! :drool:

Get out! :angry: Take your FrankenBrady-loving self over to the sports thread in Lemonade Stand!

j/k But we do hates the Patriots.

Is that popcorn buttery and delicious?

I've been eating my own since the show started.

Back
Top Bottom