Non-Single Survivor: Rattle And Hum - Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Van Diemen's Land

Votes: 30 57.7%
  • Hawkmoon 269

Votes: 15 28.8%
  • Heartland

Votes: 7 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

The first song to be eliminated from Rattle And Hum was Love Rescue Me.

Voting Results:
41 - Love Rescue Me
15 - Van Diemen's Land
8 - Heartland
1 - Hawkmoon 269

Total votes = 65

Already Eliminated From Rattle And Hum:
1. Love Rescue Me

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

I can't believe I just voted for Hawkmoon 269 but I did. I love Edge's voice, and in the right mood, Van Diemen's Land certainly knows how to pull an emotional reaction. I don't think Hawkmoon 269 really achieved its full potential until it was played live. On the album, at the moment I'd rank it roughly equal with Van Diemen's Land. It was hard to choose one of the two to vote for.

Hawkmoon annoys me. :wave: Bono tries far too hard. "I NEED YOUR LOOOVE!!1!!1!" :barf: I hardly ever listen to it voluntarily.

Goodbye, song that shares the same initials as my surname. :sad:

Had to vote for Hawkmoon. Sorry. I like the other two just way too much.

RavenBlue said:
Van Diemans Land is one of my favs, had to go with Hawkmoon on this one.

That squirrel in your avatar is so cute. :cute: We have a squirrel who lives near our deck. Whenever any birds (be they chickadees, crows, or even seagulls) go near the bird feeder, he chases them all away whilst chattering shrilly. Wants all the food for himself. He's such a crotchety, bad-assed little thing. :love:

[/thread_derailing]

meh... Heartland has got gorgeous verses I agree! But the vocal histrionics in the chorus, not forgetting the falsetto yell at the end don't do anything much for me.

namkcuR said:
VDL is gonna lose :sad:

dancing2.gif

NOOOOOOOOO! NOT VDL :sad:

oh well. I think it's gonna be close for Hawkmoon and Heartland

come on hawkmoon :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom