Non-Single Survivor: Pop - Round Two

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 3 3.8%
  • Miami

Votes: 50 63.3%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Votes: 12 15.2%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 14 17.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG!

The loser of the first round of Pop was The Playboy Mansion.

Before anyone asks about Gone's omission, remember the criteria for exclusion includes songs with a released music video. If you check a copy of the Best Of 1990-2000 DVD, you will see Gone has a video and thus it is eliminated. If you've got a problem with this, you should have said something when we determined the criteria. You had plenty of time. Not my fault you didn't contribute.

Oh, and if you're going to keep complaining about the format, start your own bloody Survivor. No-one's stopping you. Funny how none of the complainers ever do that. Also funny how they never seem to be around during discussion about what's to be included and excluded.

Voting Results For Pop's First Round:
29 - The Playboy Mansion
26 - Miami
8 - If You Wear That Velvet Dress
7 - Wake Up Dead Man
0 - Do You Feel Loved

Total votes = 70

Already Eliminated From Pop:
1. The Playboy Mansion

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still
Rattle And Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Zoo Station
Zooropa - Zooropa

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

this round's no contest for me - I like all of them apart from wake up dead man.

OH jeez I voted for the wrong song...well that's a first for me but it doesn't matter, Miami's leaving this round anway...

Voted for Wake up,
Meant to vote for Velvet.

Miami My Mammy gets my vote, although it was really hard. After Playboy was knocked, the rest are all tied on my sucks lists, save for WUDM, which is a gem on such a horrible list. :barf:

Wow I really need to start getting into Pop, I like so few songs from it. :huh:

U2Man said:
Goodbye Miami :wave:

I wish you could disappear from my POP cd too.
If only I knew exactly where to scratch to get that song unplayable on the CD, while still being able to work. :drool:

D-Bot said:
Miami.

And Axver is a douchebag.

Why? Because YOU complained?

Look, go run your own fucking Survivor. I don't care. I'm just sick of all you wankers who come out of the woodwork to complain about the format after it's been determined, even though you had plenty of time to speak up earlier. If we change the format now for you lot, we have to run the whole bloody contest again. So it's not changing, no matter how much you'd like it to, unless you go and run your own version from scratch.

Axver said:

Why? Because YOU complained?

Yeah, these kinds of comments are ridiculous. I was about to reply to that and use the :mad: or :huh: smiley, but I wasn't sure if "douchebag" was internal code for something between you two. Stick to the music :mad:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom