Non-Single Survivor: Pop - Round Three

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Do You Feel Loved

Votes: 15 17.6%
  • If You Wear That Velvet Dress

Votes: 38 44.7%
  • Wake Up Dead Man

Votes: 32 37.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
KhanadaRhodes said:
as much as i like velvet dress, it's not exactly fair to use a whole bunch of alters to vote multiple times :|

I only have a few(none of which are ever used to post). My understanding of the rules with regards to alters is that they are permitted so long as they're not created soley for trolling purposes and to stir shit up. Is that incorrect?

KhanadaRhodes said:
as much as i like velvet dress, it's not exactly fair to use a whole bunch of alters to vote multiple times :|

:up: I'd almost take my vote back for your voice of reason. ;)

namkcuR said:
I only have a few(none of which are ever used to post). My understanding of the rules with regards to alters is that they are permitted so long as they're not created soley for trolling purposes and to stir shit up. Is that incorrect?
i didn't say it was against the rules. but don't you think that's cheating a bit to use alters? what if someone had 20 alters and used them all to vote for something?

angelordevil said:
:up: I'd almost take my vote back for your voice of reason. ;)
how can you not like velvet dress?! :combust: :wink:

and thanks :wink:

KhanadaRhodes said:

i didn't say it was against the rules. but don't you think that's cheating a bit to use alters? what if someone had 20 alters and used them all to vote for something?

The way I see it, if someone feels strongly enough about a song, they are entitled to do whatever they feel is neccessary to ensure the success of song x or song y. No one is stopping other people from creating alters as well - as long as everyone as the equal opportunity to create alters, I don't see any unfairness about it.

Live 'Velvet Dress' > Jools Holland 'Velvet Dress' > album 'Velvet Dress'

it's the bottom of the Velvet Food Chain:wink:

but still any incarnation of 'Velvet Dress' > Wake Up Dead Man

Again, there's no way I can vote anything off here. :|

I'll just... not vote.. till ATYCLB rolls in. :wave:

Zootlesque said:
Again, there's no way I can vote anything off here. :|

I'll just... not vote.. till ATYCLB rolls in. :wave:

Zoot, PLEEEAAAASEEE, vote WUDM! We NEED your vote at the 'Save Velvet Dress 2006' Campagne! Your vote CAN and WILL make a difference! Remember, it is your duty as a citizen of Interference to VOTE!

it's kind of cheap to vote for a song with alters don't you think?

Are we supposed to vote soley based on studio versions here? Because I've always been voting based on 'my favorite version of song a' vs 'my favorite version of song b' vs 'my favorite version of song c' etc.

:lmao: at namkcuR's campaign!

but.. but... I'm not sure if I prefer Velvet Dress to WUDM or vice versa. I love these songs too much! :sad:

Zootlesque said:
:lmao: at namkcuR's campaign!

but.. but... I'm not sure if I prefer Velvet Dress to WUDM or vice versa. I love these songs too much! :sad:

You're thinking about it too much, my friend. We are in dire need of your vote. We have only a few hours remaining. Every vote makes a difference!

namkcuR said:

Read my response to Khanada.

It just seems like if I went to vote for governer or president or whatever and returned but in different disguises each time

it seems cheap, but yeah, do what ya gotta do, Velvet Dress must stay to be creamed against DYFL:wink:

namkcuR said:

The way I see it, if someone feels strongly enough about a song, they are entitled to do whatever they feel is neccessary to ensure the success of song x or song y. No one is stopping other people from creating alters as well - as long as everyone as the equal opportunity to create alters, I don't see any unfairness about it.
A big thumbs down to you: :down:

I hope people vote for Velvet Dress just to eliminate this poor sportsmanship from the game.

:ohmy: I must've missed that post! namkcuR, this time I have to disagree with you. :| I mean, it's just a game and using alters to double and triple vote for your favorite song is not only.. taking the damn thing too seriously, it's not fair to the others either. :shrug:

Of course, for all we know people might be doing it as we speak. It's still not right. It should be a fun game, not an unfair one!

Please don't fix the polls. Competitions in the past have been marred by that. The songs are meant to be eliminated by general consensus, not just because one person feels so strongly about a song that they make enough alters to rig the vote in their favour.

:down: to namkcuR.

namkcuR said:

Why is it poor sportsmanship?
Are you kidding? Or are you seriously asking why voting multiple times by creating fakes personas while everyone else only gets one vote is poor sportsmanship? :down: :down:

Zootlesque said:
:ohmy: I must've missed that post! namkcuR, this time I have to disagree with you. :| I mean, it's just a game and using alters to double and triple vote for your favorite song is not only.. taking the damn thing too seriously, it's not fair to the others either. :shrug:

It's just a game, dude. I think getting all judgemental about something as meaningless as this is taking it too seriously. I don't really care which song wins or loses or whatever, I'm just having fun. And other people can use alters to vote too if they want, I don't care. Honestly I wouldn't care in the least if someone else was using alters to vote for a song I thought shouldn't be eliminated. Like you said, it's just a game. It's not worth getting worked up about. The campagne stuff I was doing...it might seem like I'm all worked up about it, but I'm just sitting here calmly with a smile on my face. I don't think I'm the one taking anything too seriously. Not that you are...you're not.

How can anyone vote "Wake Up Dead Man " as the "worst" song!!! I'm really beginning to wonder about certain people who belong to this site????

Why don't we all make fifty accounts and vote with each of them! :happy:

I think the whole thing should be let go it's not like Velvet Dress is surviving this round anyway

:wink: just kidding.

Harry Vest said:
How can anyone vote "Wake Up Dead Man " as the "worst" song!!! I'm really beginning to wonder about certain people who belong to this site????

:eyebrow: What's wrong if someone votes for WUDM? That's their opinion! Geez! Some people really think that their opinions are the be-all and end-all of everything. :huh:

And btw, I voted for WUDM just for fun and so Velvet Dress would have some competition. I love these songs wayyy too much to choose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom