Non-Single Survivor: How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb - Round Five

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Miracle Drug

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Love And Peace Or Else

Votes: 36 46.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Axver

Vocal parasite
[SIZE]PLEASE VOTE FOR YOUR LEAST FAVOURITE SONG![/SIZE]

The loser of the penultimate round of HTDAAB was Crumbs From Your Table.

Voting Results:
44 - Crumbs From Your Table
18 - Miracle Drug
12 - Love And Peace Or Else

Total votes = 74

Already Eliminated From How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb:
4. Crumbs From Your Table
3. Yahweh
2. One Step Closer
1. A Man And A Woman

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still
Rattle And Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Zoo Station
Zooropa - Zooropa
Pop - Do You Feel Loved
All That You Can't Leave Behind - Kite

How to play: Each album will have a series of rounds of voting. In an album's first round, all non-singles from the album will be listed and you vote for the song you think is the WORST. The song with the most votes is eliminated. This continues through the subsequent rounds until we are left with just one song from each album. These victorious songs proceed to the final, which will be conducted in the same manner until just one song is left, which you can consider to be the Best Non-Single or Least Objectionable Non-Single, depending upon your perspective.

If there's a draw, for most rounds, both songs are eliminated. If there's only 2 or 3 songs left, I'll leave the poll open for another day, when there'll hopefully be a decisive outcome.

Miracle Drug.

I can't believe Crumbs is gone. :sad:

LAPOE would be a worthy winner, though.

:huh:

That was a tough one. Miracle Drug is probably one of my favourite U2 songs of all time, LPOE rocks like U2 has never done before, and sounds like something they've never done before.

I'll let the live versions be decisive. LPOE wins. The live version of Miracle drug lacks something.

U2Man said:
:huh:

That was a tough one. Miracle Drug is probably one of my favourite U2 songs of all time, LPOE rocks like U2 has never done before, and sounds like something they've never done before.

I'll let the live versions be decisive. LPOE wins. The live version of Miracle drug lacks something.

i was so close to agreeing with you on something then ya had to go blow it at the end

i think miracle drug is the better song. like you said, its one of my favorite u2 songs ever.

lapoe may be cool live with bono on the drum and all, i just like miracle drug as a song more.

Chizip said:
i think miracle drug is the better song. like you said, its one of my favorite u2 songs ever.

lapoe may be cool live with bono on the drum and all, i just like miracle drug as a song more.

don't forget edge's bluesy solo in LPOE :drool:

His solo in Miracle Drug is kick-ass, too - but on the chicago DVD I think it's the LPOE one that is the bigger improvement, compared to the album versions.

Love and Peace has got to go!

:sad: Crumbs:sad:

Miracle Drug is a way better song and I had read it is a disaster live, but the Chicago version was great!

namkcuR said:

I would've though you would be LAPOE lover :shrug:

:uhoh: I knew you would say something. :wink:

Well... the intro is good and Edge's guitar is great towards the end during the rising crescendo but... I don't like Bono's singing style in the verses! And the lyrics are not great overall. Miracle Drug is just classic U2 and the lyrics are among the best on the album IMO. :shrug:

Zootlesque said:

:uhoh: I knew you would say something. :wink:

Well... the intro is good and Edge's guitar is great towards the end during the rising crescendo but... I don't like Bono's singing style in the verses! And the lyrics are not great overall. Miracle Drug is just classic U2 and the lyrics are among the best on the album IMO. :shrug:

Miracle Drug it too 'classic U2'. Edge's stuff at the end is good, but the rest of it is u2-by-the-numbers.

WildHoneyAlways said:
Wow, I can't believe so many people like LAPOE over Miracle Drug.

LAPOE has always seemed kinda cheesy to me.
Yea. I think alot are voting for the live attempts at the song. But I thought we were going for just album version. Live of course LAPOE is just miles ahead of MD. But I think on the album it just doesn't pull it off as well. The album version of MD was always my favorite off HTDAAB as soon as I heard it on The Leak at MTV. I knew I'd love this song for the same reason some people hate it, it's textbook U2, and that's fine with me! :D

Not to say LAPOE isn't great, because it's GRRREAT! :rockon: But since I feel that we're voting on the HTDAAB cuts of the songs, MD has to win because you're right, without Bono's drum beating and Edge's badass solo live, it's a pretty cheesy album song.

-votes LAPOE-

This was the hardest survivor round ever, imo! :crack:

Very hard decision but I had to go with Love and Peace cuz i love Miracle Drug too much to vote it off...

This choice sucks. Looking back at the winners from the other albums:

Final Qualifiers:
Boy - The Electric Co.
October - Tomorrow
War - Like A Song ...
The Unforgettable Fire - Promenade
The Joshua Tree - Running To Stand Still
Rattle And Hum - Heartland
Achtung Baby - Zoo Station
Zooropa - Zooropa
Pop - Do You Feel Loved
All That You Can't Leave Behind - Kite

...all but Heartland absolutely kick ass. I guess I can see MD or LAPOE in there, but they don't seem to be quite the same calibre as RTSS, Zoo Station, Kite, Promenade, Like A Song, Tomorrow, Zooropa, Electric Co.......:shrug: Oh well!

Utoo said:
This choice sucks. Looking back at the winners from the other albums:

...all but Heartland absolutely kick ass.

I can hear Chizip coming :uhoh:

Since catlhere didn't do it...

Hay guys!!! Wut is goin on in dis topix!!!111 ;)

catlhere said:

Not to say LAPOE isn't great, because it's GRRREAT! :rockon: But since I feel that we're voting on the HTDAAB cuts of the songs, MD has to win because you're right, without Bono's drum beating and Edge's badass solo live, it's a pretty cheesy album song.

-votes LAPOE-

For once, I agree with you! :ohmy:

U2Man... :madwife:

:wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom