Non-Single Survivor: Achtung Baby - Round One

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Please vote for the song you consider to be the WORST.

• Zoo Station

Votes: 5 6.7%
  • So Cruel

Votes: 19 25.3%
  • Tryin' To Throw Your Arms Around The World

Votes: 43 57.3%
  • Ultra Violet (Light My Way)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Acrobat

Votes: 8 10.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
catlhere said:
I'm a U2 newb too. I don't own passengers (not that I want to) or any special CD's. Just the regular stuff.

You don't want to own Passengers? Have you even heard it to allow you to make a judgement like that? :eyebrow:

I actually rate Passengers as my favourite U2 work from the nineties, simply for how out there and experimentally brilliant it is. Radiohead wish they could make an album like this.

And Slug is amazing, a U2 classic that should have been.

Axver said:
some singles including a couple on vinyl,
There's 2 Joshua Tree singles that I only own on vinyl. One of these days, I've got to upgrade to cds!!!!

namkcuR said:
The Grace hate on this forum has seriously got to stop. It's a gorgeous, subtle, understated gem.

Hey like I don't have my share of U2 songs that people laugh and mock me for liking! :cough:wild honey:cough: :tsk:

thanks for being on my side everyone :mad:

Whatever........

Ok I'm over it

and BTW...I mistyped earlier I meant to write Zooropa not Pop
I have Pop.

namkcuR said:
The Grace hate on this forum has seriously got to stop. It's a gorgeous, subtle, understated gem.

Totally didn't expect you to back me up, but yes! :up:

I really don't understand why it's so hated. It's as if people have a five and a half minute loop of "Grace, it's a name for a girl".

bono_212 said:
thanks for being on my side everyone :mad:

Whatever........

Ok I'm over it

and BTW...I mistyped earlier I meant to write Zooropa not Pop
I have Pop.

Hey I was on your side! :sad:

And If Miss S. is everyone's favorite song off of Passengers, I don't think I'll like it, because I hate that song with a passion.

Slug is good? Lemme hear.

namkcuR said:

GBHF(which I now consider to be a part of ATYCLB - since I consider Fast Cars a part of Bomb), Stateless, and Falling At Your Feet are brilliant!

Agreed! That's why they're on my computer so that I don't have to play the non-U2 MDH stuff. :wink:

Passengers is worth it just so you can listen to Your Blue Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool: :drool: :drool:

thank you cathere

can someone tell me how to buy an album off of itunes it says partial album instead of the spot where I can normally buy album....doesthat mean I have to buy each track individually???//

cleazer said:
Passengers is worth it just so you can listen to Your Blue Room!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:drool: :drool: :drool:

See this is what I'm talking about. Everyone likes these slow moody dramatic pieces. And Bano luvs that song too. But it's only good part to me is Adam talking in it. Which is cool. I'm sorry posting chums, but I just don't like those type of U2 tracks. I can't do it. :(

catlhere said:

Hey I was on your side! :sad:

And If Miss S. is everyone's favorite song off of Passengers, I don't think I'll like it, because I hate that song with a passion.

Slug is good? Lemme hear.

Miss Sarajevo isn't even CLOSE to my favourite. It's just the best known because it's a single. I haven't really ranked the album but my favourites are United Colours, Slug, Always Forever Now, Your Blue Room, and One Minute Warning.

Someone upload Slug! My upload speeds are being painfully crap. :(

Ok, everybody needs to listen to this - it's an acoustic version of Ground Beneath Her Feet that Bono and Edge played on a BBC radio station prior to the release of the MDH soundtrack - it sounds like they're still working it out, but it's really gorgeous. I've gone through the trouble of uploading this rarity, and even through the trouble of running it through tinyurl so you can just click on it, so listen to it! :wink:

http://tinyurl.com/c3e3t

catlhere said:

See this is what I'm talking about. Everyone likes these slow moody dramatic pieces. And Bano luvs that song too. But it's only good part to me is Adam talking in it. Which is cool. I'm sorry posting chums, but I just don't like those type of U2 tracks. I can't do it. :(

Satisfy my curiousity. Do you like Running To Stand Still, The Unforgettale Fire, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, or Bad?

namkcuR said:
Ok, everybody needs to listen to this - it's an acoustic version of Ground Beneath Her Feet that Bono and Edge played on a BBC radio station prior to the release of the MDH soundtrack - it sounds like they're still working it out, but it's really gorgeous. I've gone through the trouble of uploading this rarity, and even through the trouble of running it through tinyurl so you can just click on it, so listen to it! :wink:

http://tinyurl.com/c3e3t

I don't like when U2 do acoustic versions of their own songs and TGBHF is no exception - I wish it had been played full band at least once!

But I haven't heard this specific performance so I'll give it a whirl.

Axver said:

Satisfy my curiousity. Do you like Running To Stand Still, The Unforgettale Fire, Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own, or Bad?

Yes, kinda, kinda, Yes.

But like I said before. I love 80's U2, which 3 of the 4 are. There's just something different about those songs.

at the rate we're going, by daybreak, all the normal people aren't going to be able to vote on this poll cause it's going to be full :)

bono_212 said:
at the rate we're going, by daybreak, all the normal people aren't going to be able to vote on this poll cause it's going to be full :)

Are you saying I'm abnormal!!! :mad:

:wink:

catlhere said:

Yes, kinda, kinda, Yes.

But like I said before. I love 80's U2, which 3 of the 4 are. There's just something different about those songs.

Only kinda to the sonic landscape bliss of The Unforgettable Fire? :sad:

If you like RTSS, that gives me faint hope you may enjoy Wild Irish Rose or Slug. Not much hope, but it's there all the same.

KhanadaRhodes said:

wow! either, you trade a lot of boots, or you own a lot of singles. or both?
Okay, I just counted, and I was wrong when I said I have 80.

I have over 100!

I've got tons of singles (like multiple versions of the Discotheque single, and I just noticed that I have three different versions of the Last Night On Earth single), and I bought bootlegs back before they were downloadable from the internet, so I was paying $30 and $50 in stores for them.

But yeah, I've got a TON of different U2 singles. I still have a few holes in my collection though.

You guys would probably die if you saw all the U2 discs on my cd rack.

bono_212 said:

I was just thinking that - if the thread has to be closed, the poll's kinda screwed.

Maybe we should make a Survivor Chat thread? :lol:

Axver said:

Only kinda to the sonic landscape bliss of The Unforgettable Fire? :sad:

If you like RTSS, that gives me faint hope you may enjoy Wild Irish Rose or Slug. Not much hope, but it's there all the same.

Ok you can boost TUF to yes. but it's slight. Sometimes is kinda boring to me, i hate saying it because its about his dad and all :reject:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom