Non-album songs in Rate The Song series

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe I should just do a general "Mercy" round and let people vote based on whatever they want? I feel like if I officially designate a round for the 2004 version of Mercy, which I know is what most people will want to vote on, I will also annoy other people for having voting on an officially unreleased version of the song.

I think that's the best way to go, especially since we've been allowed to vote based on "whatever criteria" we want of a given song. I've been voting based on whatever versions (live, single or album) of the songs I like the best, and this seems to fall in line... even if the song is a bit different six years later.

What's the big deal? It's one more thread, everyone knows it, it will make for good discussion. The results aren't going to published and peer reviewed. Who the hell would be pissed off?

i think we should just have one mercy round, and people can vote for whichever version they prefer. technically you can argue it should only be for the 2010 version, but since you can vote for whichever version you like, there'd be nothing stopping anyone from voting on the 2004 one.

if you decide to skip it entirely though it's cool, i don't really care much about the song one way or the other.

whoa yeah missed that too, what the hell??

ps. If you're going to have rounds for Native Son/Xanax & Wine, then it makes no less sense giving the new songs played on 360 tour the same chance :wink:

This is the second-to-last round of the 2012 rate the song series! Today, we shall be voting on the second round of 2000s non-album songs. The full list of these songs is:

Stateless
Summer Rain
Always
Levitate
Love You Like Mad
Smile
Flower Child
Big Girls Are Best
Electrical Storm
The Hands That Built America
Native Son
Xanax and Wine
ARE YOU GONNA WAIT FOREVER?
Window in the Skies
Soon
Winter
Mercy

Today's round will cover the second set of six songs, from Flower Child to Xanax and Wine.

:hmm: :tsk::sigh::shrug::confused::uhoh::shrug:

Emphasis mine.

That's me being forgetful. No worries, I'll add it in tomorrow's round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom