Noel blasts Bono AGAIN....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Noel WHO? Maybe his band should make another good album, before blasting around. The last proper Oasis-records (the first two only, by the way) have been written 10 years ago ...

david said:
I remember Oasis. They were really popular in America in 1995 and 1996. Whatever happened to them?

They still are aren't they?

There last tour supporting the Don't Believe The Truth album was their biggest and most succesful in the States.

ZOOTVTOURist said:
Noel WHO? Maybe his band should make another good album, before blasting around. The last proper Oasis-records (the first two only, by the way) have been written 10 years ago ...

I think it's funny people get so wound up over a one line comment that no doubt has been taken out of context. Yes, he probably said it, but seeing him and Bono are good friends, it was more than likely said nonchantly and not in the nasty way that it's obviously being taken. If it had come out of Liam's big gob however...!!! To be fair, I probably think there are many fans who probably agree with Noel!

Although Oasis will never better Definately Maybe or What's The Story (Morning Glory), the last album, Don't Believe The Truth, was a definate return to form and I don't think I've ever seen them play better live than they did touring that album. Lets be honest, Noel Gallagher was the king of Britpop and wrote some amazing songs that have easily stood the test of time.

Oasis will never be bigger than U2, but despite the average albums from the third onwards (excluding Don't Believe The Truth), they have still managed to carve out a very successful career.

That is just Noel Gallagher for you... He says this kind of stuff about anyone quite a lot. Nothing he says should be taken that seriously.

Noel is just a frustrated. He wanted to be a rock'n'roll star, he wanted his band to as big as The Beatles was, he wanted to be The Beatles.
We're not in the 1960's (thankfully), as many says - in some situations, and depending on the context - rock'n'roll is dead. Plus, rock'n'roll stars are dead in the form people knew in the 1960's and 1970's, that doesn't apply anymore to our present context.

So... shut up Noel and play!

Alright! I admit it, it was me!! I do this stuff just to piss off humourless U2 fans and send web sites into meltdown! :cool:

Damn it's fun! :drool:

He's a jerk, and he's being harsh, but he's right. I don't want to hear a 5 minute Bono speech before One (which they should stop playing live anyways). I don't like it when bands act this way, Bono included.

Come on Noel and Bono, kiss and make up, we all know you want to :D

bononoelkiss.jpg

:drool:

...Oh shit, this isn't PLEBA :uhoh:

*runs*

I don't know what to choose...

1) to hear Bono all the time preeching
2) to hear Noel's jealous bla-bla all the time against whoever comes to his mind

the difference is that Bono is boring and when is not tiring, Noel can be funny.

ZOOTVTOURist said:

Don't Believe The Truth was easily their best album since Morning Glory...I like the way they're heading. :yes:

Everything for publicity. Oasis must really have a hard time selling records.
Maybe Noel and Bono are hanging out at this very moment, drinking and having a laugh about all of this.
I try to not take this stuff too seriously. The only thing that bothers me is that these reports are regularly posted on the forums to allow fans to jump on this bandwagon and start bashing Bono.
I think we've already had enough of that issue.

Although Oasis are definitely not as good as they used to be, they are still one of the biggest bands in the UK but I doubt they're very big anywhere else anymore.
He is still one of the funniest men in the world of music though and always makes me laugh. I think he still is a big fan of U2 and has stuck up for them when few else in the music industry did, he actually admitted he was a fan and owned all their albums which was a very "uncool" thing to do at the time, especially as he was at the height of success, he gave U2 their "lifetime achievement" award at the Brits.
A lot of U2 fans i know would agree with Noel here, probably me too.

Wow, what a lot of hatred for Noel in this thread.

Which kinda amazes me because when i look at what he has said:

[q]"With U2 it's like play 'One', shut the f**k up about Africa.

People don't want to hear about it all the time."[/q]

and..

[q]"Thom Yorke sat at a piano singing, 'This is f***ed up', for half-an-hour. We all know that, Mr Yorke. Who wants to sing the news?
No matter how much you sit there twiddling, going, 'We're all doomed',
at the end of the day people will always want to hear him play 'Creep'. Get over it."
[/q]

I think that what he's saying is absolutely true and a lot of people feel that way.

But i guess it's just easier to attack the person who's making the argument, instead of ättacking the argument itself?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ad_hominem

david said:
I remember Oasis. They were really popular in America in 1995 and 1996. Whatever happened to them?

Non-British commercial radio stopped playing Oasis songs, and ever since, commercial radio has been all the poorer for ignoring such an exciting band.

As far as I'm concerned, Noel can say whatever he wants. Oasis have been disgracefully treated not only by elitist music critics, but also by commercial radio. It's rare for commercial radio and high-cultured music critics to actually agree on something, and in this case it's specifically an anti-Oasis agenda...and it's been raging for a decade now.

Last edited:
Re: Re: Re: Noel blasts Bono AGAIN....

Kildare said:
PookaMacP said:

....it's just that he has no idea how to do it any more.

:lol: Nice one.

Why thank you!

But seriously, I couldn't care less what all these rock stars say about one another. In many ways Noel has a good point, in many ways he's full of it. His quote about Thom Yorke was quite funny though.

It's just Noel being his usual mouthy self so I wouldn't take anything he says too seriously, although a lot of people would agree with him. They might in secret admire Bono for what he's doing and know it's a totally justified cause but they're fed up hearing him spout on. Come to think of it didn't Bono say something similar about himself one time -that he's Bono and even he's sick of Bono and he should just shut up but can't?
Funny also that the interviewer for the article was Neil McCormick who wrote U2 by U2.

Oasis are on a roll in the UK at the moment. Theie greatest hits has far outsold U218 (OK so it's their first greatest hits package) and they're headlining the Brits with an outstanding achievement award (about time) so it's not as if they need the extra publicity

Earnie Shavers said:
You all know what "taking the piss" means?

Knowledge of said phrase is not a prerequisite to becoming a U2 fan...

intedomine said:

Non-British commercial radio stopped playing Oasis songs, and ever since, commercial radio has been all the poorer for ignoring such an exciting band.

As far as I'm concerned, Noel can say whatever he wants. Oasis have been disgracefully treated not only by elitist music critics, but also by commercial radio. It's rare for commercial radio and high-cultured music critics to actually agree on something, and in this case it's specifically an anti-Oasis agenda...and it's been raging for a decade now.

Couldn't agree with you more here. For the amount of fantastic music that Oasis has put out they don't nearly get enough credit. The critics and radio alike have treated Oasis very poorly, undeservedly so. And it's all because of the fact that the Gallagher brothers aren't "politically correct" and like to speak their minds. It's nice to have artists that are always willing to speak their minds and express their opinions. Noel Gallagher is extremely underrated and should be regarded as one of the best songwriters of our generation. The best part is, as much as Oasis fans complain about the band not getting enough credit, Noel and Liam couldn't give a shit. They do what they want to do and not for anyone. As for Oasis not getting enough publicity lately, they have been and probably still are one of the biggest bands in the UK.

Oh, and I can't forget the fact that Noel probably gives some of the funniest interviews.

Back
Top Bottom