No way!!!!!!!!! MTV just played a Temple of the Dog video!!!!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikal

Blue Crack Addict
I cannot believe my eyes and ears!

I can't believe it takes a war to make MTV start playing good videos.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

"Keep the change you filthy animal!"

I know what you mean Mikal.....most of the videos I've seen on there the last two days have been bands that I can actually stand......alot of what I actually listen to....so I'm saying to myself wtf !!!
Do we listen to music that these people think is appropriate only when a national tragedy occurs.......
confused.gif

Weird shit. Temple of the Dog was on the radio today, and I was thinking to myself--shit, I haven't heard that in years!!

------------------
Make Love!
Not War

I had commented about the fact that all of sudden playlists across the country have gotten better for both radio and mtv in another thread. I wouldn't be surprised if ATYCLB starts climbing up the charts again as well as REM. I also think Live mistakengly chose a great date to release their new stuff. As sad as it is be grateful th're playing good stuff, can you imagine going through this tragedy listening to Britney Spears, N'Sync, Backstreet Boys, Jay-Z, and this endless list of crap.
This also shows that there's some humanity left in radio. Very little but it;s a sign of life.

[This message has been edited by mbi16 (edited 09-16-2001).]

Dude!! I saw that one too!
smile.gif
I have no idea who Temple of the Dog is...but I saw it!! I thought it was Pearl Jam at first, but then i was like...nahhhhh...

Originally posted by kariatari:
Dude!! I saw that one too!
smile.gif
I have no idea who Temple of the Dog is...but I saw it!! I thought it was Pearl Jam at first, but then i was like...nahhhhh...

Temple of the Dog is pretty much a mix of Pearl Jam and Soundgarden. This was before Pearl Jam released their first album. Temple only released one album, which was heavily influenced by the death of Andy Wood, the lead singer of the old Seattle band Mother Love Bone.

It may be hard to find in stores now, but it's definitely a must have cd. Especially if you were into the Seattle grunge scene in the early 90's.

------------------
"Look what you did you little JERK!"

"Kevin! You're such a disease!"

"Keep the change you filthy animal!"

MTV and VH1 have been dipping into their archives. VH1 first with the Rattle and Hum version of Pride, then MTV decided to play I Still Haven't Found... today.

I was like DAYUM GINA!

------------------
The more of these I drink the more Bono makes sense.. - Bean from the KROQ Breakfast with U2.

Back
Top Bottom