No Vertigo Video on CD:UK

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lo-Fi

War Child
Well that sucked, I was looking forward to that as well. Nice little interview with the band, but nothing we didn't already know.

I thought it was due out middle of this month, so yeah today would have made sense. Looks like they'll let the makin' of on MTV be the premier in the States.

They said they would be playing the video today which hasn't happened. U2 will be doing a live recording this afternoon that will be shown on next week's show.

As long as someone will record the concert tonight and post it after that, i'll be happy. But i'm still hoping that U2.com will show us the "real" video really soon.

I'm capping the interview off a VHS recording right now....

My desktop PC's RAID volume died a death last night :)sad:) so I have put together just the minimum I need to be able to record and post.

It died while I was encoding the TOTPs performance last night. The mpg recording should still be there if I can get to it!:huh:

Alan

It's a bit confusing but after this clip, which I will post shortly, you will hear Cat Deeley say that U2 will be performing live next week but I guess what she really means is that they will be broadcasting the performance of Vertigo to be recorded later today.

Update: Video should be online in 30 minutes ~ 13.30 GMT

Last edited:
Yes, it was only an interview today, with a live performance in the studio being recorded today for show next week.

The making of Vertigo premiers October 22nd on MTV so that is my guess when we will see the official video

The live performance will be recorded this afternoon (i think I read 4 pm somewhere), to be shown on next week's show. Hopefully someone from here got tickets, so we may be getting some reports later today and maybe some new mp3's.

awesome interview... i was shocked that adam and larry said a few words at the end..

"to bono, this is your life!"

LOL :)

Is there anyone in this forum that has won some U2.com tickets to see them today. If so: don't come back without a mp3 :wink:

"Here is the setlist from todays CD:UK taping in front of 150 people at the Riverside studios, London:

Vertigo (with backing tapes; like TOTP yesterday)
City of Blinding Lights
Sometimes You Can't Make It On Your Own

The band arrived 3 hours behind schedule. Planned was a ~30 minutes set. As you can see the final set was much shorter. SYCMIOYO had to be played twice because Bono wasn't satisfied with the song after the first minute. "

macphisto.net

Back
Top Bottom