No U2 on VH1

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Stefan

The Fly
I have just watched a documentary about postpunk/new wave music on vh1 who has a 80'ties weekend this weekend and there was nothing about U2:(

The Clash, The Police, REM and even Nirvana were featured but not U2! Can you believe it!:madspit:

:rant: :rant:

What is wrong with VH1 these days! I haven't seen any U2 for a while on VH1.....and am rather disappointed by it. They used to have a lot of U2 videos, specials, etc........but not much since POP.
Course, I therefore, do not tune into VH1 as much anymore.....However, I did see a U2 special on the program guide on a station that I am unable to get here in Boston......It was a relfection on the Best of U2 from 1990 - 2000 videos and events....Did anyone catch that presentation?

A lot of people don't see them in that category. But VH1 is full of shit anyway. I have been disappointed and even pissed at their documentaries and sometimes I wonder where the hell the writers got their info. It seems to be the same group of guys with the same biased opinions and worn out commentary. I have no respect for them. I could write ones just as good or better from my own point of view. We all could.

Wait, you mean VH1 in Denmark still has music-based programming? Here in the U.S. it's now just another version of the E! channel - all celebrity gossip, all the time, except for a few music videos in the morning.

That sucks that they didn't mention U2 though.

Modern music sucks so what do you expect from something at the forefront of it?

How I miss what MTV was when I saw the 'Gloria' video for the first time in '82. It was all about the music, not the other crap that makes them utterly unwatchable now. A minute with a VJ, and then song after song. Sure, it got repetitive sometimes, but at least it was real.

What was really sad is how VH1 went crap after we had already suffered the loss of MTV going crap. MTV was so good in the 80's and started to slide in the early 90's when it became more rap, teen pop and reality show and news oriented than music and music news oriented. By 1994-95 it was unbearable, and I assume worse today.

After MTV started to suck, VH1 was good for awhile, it was more like MTV used to be. When it added shows, they were good things, like Behind the Music and movies. But then it started to suck too. It made its musical format more like MTV and had stupid, biased, inaccurate documentaries and more and more junk. WHY did they do it, did they want to be more like MTV? Didn't they know that a lot of people hated MTV and wanted a quality alternative? :scream:

VH1 has definitely lost my respect. i used to consider them the "smart" music channel, but unfortunately, "smart" doesn't get you ratings.

:rant: :rant: Course, VH1 will be right there when the new album comes out though.........right? Ah........We definitely need a music channel. I miss it/them. However, they are just not worth watching anymore. Can't rap have it's own place?
In my opinion, it's not music anyway, it's "talking" to a broken record":laugh: :blahblah:

VH1 and MTV are not really music channels anymore.

MTV2 plays Rap, R&B, Rap/Rock etc.

The only thing that is good now is VH1 CLASSIC! They play primarily rock video's and a lot of alternative rock video's.

I have seen "Two Hearts Beat As One", "Gloria" and other rare less seen video's by other bands.

Video's have to be at least 10 years old to be shown on VH1 Classic though.

Would it show my age too much to say "I want my MTV!" ?? :lol: But that's only IF I could get it back the way it used to be, which isn't going to happen.
I miss the days of anxiously waiting for that new video of your latest favorite single to come out so you could put some visual references with the audio ones...and see how hot the guys were looking!! :lol:
Of course, now that we have instant access to virtually everything, that aspect of the video is dead & gone. :sad:

This thread brings to mind a question, though: I'm looking for a collection of all of U2's videos...does anyone know if such a thing exists?

Back
Top Bottom