No new news in days

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Matthew_Page2000

War Child
Am I the only one frustrated by the lack of news???
I thought for sure we'd have a complete tracklist, a new snippet of Vertigo--SOMETHING by now.
It's unbelievable how tightly U2 are keeping the lid on this time.

I take it as kind of a good sign. Like something is about to happen....

I take it as kind of a good sign. Like something is about to happen....

Agreed - I think we are in for one more quite week until the statues start floating down the river....:wink:

This is the calm before the storm (timely cliche' don't ya think?). In 2 weeks (probably the end of this week) we'll be bombarded with information. My question is did they really need ten million pounds for publicity? What the heck are they gonna do with all of that cash? Buy us all copies of U2 by U2?

How much is 10 million pounds in US currency? Alot I know...but does anyone roughly know?

How much more is that than what they are usually given? I don't know the protocol for publicity budgeting...

Matthew_Page2000 said:
Am I the only one frustrated by the lack of news???
I thought for sure we'd have a complete tracklist, a new snippet of Vertigo--SOMETHING by now.
It's unbelievable how tightly U2 are keeping the lid on this time.

You ARE kidding, right?
I mean, the tracklistings of the different singles have just been made public and again you are whining about not being any news?! Geez, some here really DO need a life...
:sigh:

Oh and Starsgoblue, 10 million pounds is around USD 15 million.

C ya!

Marty

10 mill pounds = $17,985,059.61 USD
I don't know what a normal PR budget is but this seems really high...

Re: Re: No new news in days

Popmartijn said:

You ARE kidding, right?
I mean, the tracklistings of the different singles have just been made public and again you are whining about not being any news?! Geez, some here really DO need a life...
:sigh:

that wasn't very nice. he was just making a comment about how the last couple days have been relatively quiet.

To be honest, I couldn't care less about the tracklistings of the singles. :|

Re: Re: Re: No new news in days

mikal said:
that wasn't very nice. he was just making a comment about how the last couple days have been relatively quiet.

I have been away for the last couple of days and when I got back yesterday I found out that there are tracklistings for the first single, a new source confirming the rumour that the album title might be How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb and that starting next week radio stations will be able to play short teasers of the new single. I wouldn't call that no new news...

Marty,

You are quite the optimist if you think this has been a big news week. I wouldn't call it "whining" anyway. More like "pining".

C-ya you chirpy little bastard. :madspit:

U2dork said:
My question is did they really need ten million pounds for publicity? What the heck are they gonna do with all of that cash?

It is being used to pay off people from leaking studio tracks on the net. :wink:

10,000 million huh? Dollars? Euros??

If anything this has been the craftiest low budget advertising U2 has ever done.
All they've done is play a few songs to select (ie sympathetic, U2 friendly journalists) and they've left it at that.
They have played Vertigo for select, large market dj's in the U.S. but they didn't even print radio only cd's for them. They sent out Universal employees with ipods.
Throw in a few overwrought quotes from Bono, "It's a monster", "It's a dragon", "It's the sound of an axe murderer sodomizing small boys" and voilaa!! Hype.
Very smart, very cheap and very effective.
I'm drooling in anticipation right now. :drool:

Do you all think Miracle Drug will be on the album? I am just worried because in another thread there was some doubt about it actually being on there, I am just hoping that it is and wondering what everyone thinks?

Cutters10C said:
I am just worried because in another thread there was some doubt about it actually being on there

Anything here is just speculation. Don't get all worked up about what people here "think." People were dead sure about what time 103.1 would play Vertigo, they were absolutely certain that BBC1 was going to play the single this week, etc. Some even know that the B-side, which NO ONE has heard, is going to be a ballad, and they're not happy about that. :rolleyes:

Relax, find something real to worry about, or better yet, find something real to be happy about. All any of us can do is wait for November.

martha said:
Relax, find something real to worry about, or better yet, find something real to be happy about. All any of us can do is wait for November.

That is the best bit of advice I have read on this forum :up:

I don't think they'll start spending the millions on publicity until we are actually near the album release

most non U2 fans are still hardly aware a new album will be released this year

If the promotion campaing is anything like the last time around, there will be plenty of U2 before the year ends. I think things will start rolling once the single gets out, especially the video. (if I remember right, when the album was finished in July, the people in the studio said the band will be back in October).

Also, I think those 10 million euros could mean that the rest of the world will get more than just 3 promo shows (Astoria, Paris, Brasil) and interviews, it can mean TV ads, billboards, newspaper ads...

Last edited:
I just enjoy the silence now... i think that we will soon have countless threads about the new single, and the new album and the tour... so that if you wanna read everything you'd have to live on this forum.

When the 10 million kick in we will get alot of information to discuss...

well, the no news streak ends today.

U2.Com can exclusively reveal that U2 have decided on a title for their new album - it's 'How To Dismantle An Atomic Bomb'. And Vertigo is the first single.

Back
Top Bottom