No need to worry about Propaganda!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

*Ally*

New Yorker
this latest report from www.youtwo.net makes it seem like there's no need to worry about U2 and prop. yay!
smile.gif

http://www.YouTwo.net
March 13, 2002
YouTwo.net Exclusive!

YouTwo.net has learned that the next issue of Propaganda, which is scheduled
to be mailed within the next few weeks, will be the last issue of the fan club magazine.
A source at dSIDE, the Irish magazine that has been producing Propaganda for the
past two years, has confirmed the next issue will be a "big, final farewell issue."

The dSIDE source hinted that the magazine is not ending, but only changing formats.
The U2 team "are keen to put everything online," the source reported.

Fans can expect to see the magazine move to an online format at U2.com, the band's
official web site. Watch U2.com and U2propaganda.com for an official announcement.

Hmmm, I made this prediction in another thread. I would act like I had insider info but it was just a guess on my part.

I wonder if you will need a special password or something for the Prop section? Should be interesting.

So this means I won't get the four issues promised me when I subscribed? They didn't come through with tickets for me for any show either. But I'll forgive them if they include an Elevation Live CD in this final issue.
smile.gif

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I wonder if you will need a special password or something for the Prop section? Should be interesting.

It better be exclusive -- I paid for a membership to only get one issue, so it better have been worth it.
frown.gif

------------------

"You must not look down on someone just 'cos they are 14 years old. When I was that age I listened to the music of John Lennon and it changed my way of seeing things, so I'm just glad that 14 year olds are coming to see U2 rather than group X." - Bono, 1988

Email cecilia@u2propaganda.com or terri@u2propaganda.com for information on your subscription (as far as a possible refund if you want one).

One thing to note... from what I have also heard... U2.com IS the replacement.

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Originally posted by Elvis:
U2.com IS the replacement.
wow, so the magazine I'm not subscribes to is replaced by the website I never visit

cool!!

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

Originally posted by Salome:
wow, so the magazine I'm not subscribes to is replaced by the website I never visit

cool!!

And with this type of attitude, you wonder why U2 won't tour Europe again this summer. Now we know why - it's because of Salome's sarcasm that the tour was cancelled. Bad Salome!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by doctorwho (edited 03-13-2002).]

I thought it was because they are in the news 17 hours every day and because after working on regular basis for over a year they need 5 months rest

but I can live with all of it being my fault too
biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

I wonder if this means that we will get some sort of refund. I only signed up for the magazine about a month ago, and I didn't shell out my hard earned cash (especially with the Canada -> US exchance) for one issue!!

*Crosses fingers that it will include some fabulous bonus item to make it worthwhile*

------------------
***Spinny***
"OH, SINNY- er,um- SPINNY!" (freudian slip?)-JulyFly

"Here I go and I don't know why
I spin so ceaselessly
Could it be he's taken over me????
"

well they can keep my money-->they got me into the heart for the third leg, i don't care about not getting a magazine. it was worth my $24USD alone.

Originally posted by kobayashi:
well they can keep my money-->they got me into the heart for the third leg, i don't care about not getting a magazine. it was worth my $24USD alone.

what he said.

I wonder if this means that the exclusive ticket offers are going to go bye-bye...

Makes sense why they have stopped new subscriptions then and makes me believe that this won't be a password type deal to read. It'll probably be a free for all. Grrrr.
mad.gif

One issue, no tickets... and a lot of $$$. So glad I subscribed.

well colour me stupid with a double post.

[This message has been edited by Angel (edited 03-13-2002).]

Exactly! Prop got me into the heart 5 times. I have 2 subscriptions and it was still worth every penny even without a magazine.

Not to mention the great seats I received from them for the Zoo and Popmart tours.

Angel, I think you are correct. It will be a complete free for all with tickets the next time around.

[This message has been edited by Blue Room (edited 03-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Angel:

One issue, no tickets... and a lot of $$$. So glad I subscribed.

GAH!!! EXACTLY!

Why? WHY???? Why are they doing this??? I don't want a website. I dont' want a freaking refund. I want more issues of Propaganda dammit!!!! That's right, I want an actual *magazine*...that's glossy and has pretty color photos, that includes special goodies and surprises, that I can freaking TOUCH with my HANDS for chrissakes!!! GAAAHH!!
mad.gif

Well, at least now we know this has nothing to do with anything going on within the band. Now all they have to do is explain why they suddenly cancelled the tour. Then everyting will be PEACHY!!
mad.gif

[This message has been edited by Hallelujah Here She Comes (edited 03-13-2002).]

Originally posted by Blue Room:
I think you are correct. It will be a complete free for all with tickets the next time around.

Probably, but it would be very cool if there were some sort of online ticketing area for members only. I used to belong to a few different fan clubs for other bands and the online ticketing was quite nice. I doubt it will happen though.

But U2.com is lame and doesn't work very well. And as for getting tickets through U2.com, didn't that not work so hot last time? I'd like the magazine. It's hard to take my computer to read in bed.

------------------

She's a little lightheaded, so check on her in a few minutes -- my podiatrist, about me (again), 2-11-02

Actually the problem with the U2.com pre sale was that it was free to register. If they had a section of U2.com that you had to pay a premium (ie $20 per year) to access and one of the benefits was that those that subscribed would have the same type of ticket offer as Prop. That would work. They could also include exclusive sound and video clips not available elsewhere in this section and offer a CD every 4 or 5 years, just like Prop. They could issue a password that is exclusive to your email address for the special section and ticket offer. It wouldnt be that difficult, I just dont think they will do it.

yeah, Blue Room. That would work and it is a good idea...but knowing U2.com and how technically incompetent the place is, can you imagine the chaos? gah!

Blue Room that is a fabulous idea, but only in our wildest dreams I am afraid...

I joined Propaganda a month before the release of ATYCLB. The Elevation tickets alone was worth the subscription.

Last issue should be a BANG. Double-size it and throw in a cd. Do that and I would be very greatful.

Perhaps anyone with outstanding issues owed will be able to select that number of back issues as a sort of refund...better than nothing.
It's too bad about the loss of ticket priveleges.

Not to be difficult (okay, just to be difficut
wink.gif
) I'd like to remind everyone that this is still unofficial and no one knows exactly what is going to happen.

Have we learned NOTHING from the events of the last couple of days?
rolleyes.gif
Go ahead and speculate (it's fun), but don't freak out until you know the facts!
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Zoomeranger:
Probably, but it would be very cool if there were some sort of online ticketing area for members only. I used to belong to a few different fan clubs for other bands and the online ticketing was quite nice. I doubt it will happen though.

I think that would be great. But Elvis said that he has heard that U2.com is replacing Prop. Obviously U2.com is free, so that negates the ticket offer IMO.

A source for Interference.com called and spoke with someone at Principle Mgmt and asked about Prop...
they said that the band basically wasn't happy with how NOT often Prop came out, so decided to drop it, and just focus whatever effort they do have on u2.com (so now we have it from the horses mouth.. not some 3rd party source)

------------------
-Elvis
http://plot180.net/taol/

Thanks for the information, Elvis.
What sucks(for me), I joined in December.
So whatever "last issue" there is, will be the only one I get
frown.gif

But thank you for finding out for sure!
(Glad to hear the band wasn't happy with how irregular the isssues were!)

[This message has been edited by Mrs.Clayton (edited 03-14-2002).]

Thanks for the info. It's nice that we just both renewed our subscriptions. So no more special CDs then either. A web site just won't be as nice, not to mention it's not "collectable" at all, as that magazine.

Originally posted by Roland of Gilead:
I joined Propaganda a month before the release of ATYCLB. The Elevation tickets alone was worth the subscription.

B]

Good call here, I agree with you and the several others that have said this.

I love the magazine, and I love the little extras and contests that go with it. I ahve been a PROP suscriber since PoP issue in 97.

They owe me nothing, I guess four no-hassle times in the HEART compensates for everything. In Atlanta (mar 30 2001), my second ever U2 show, there were a bunch of us high-fiving saying "thank GOD for PROP".

I hate to see it go. Online will not be a good substitute, it would be a nice ADDITION, but not a replacement
frown.gif

Back
Top Bottom