No me gusta que Bono canta en Espanol.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Miggy D

War Child
Por el amor de dios! It's just too goofy for my tastes. Think about how much cooler and foreboding the song would be without Bono screaming, "Uno, dos, tres, catorce!" And the Edge singing, "Hola!" and "Donde estas?" Argh. The rest of the song is gangbusters though. That's why I think I hate the spanish even more. It just stands out so badly (in my mind). I just hope it doesn't turn any newbies away.

I give the song a 90 out of 100. It would have been 95-100/100 if not for the espanol muy tonto.

No me digas.

-Miguel

god bless you Axver

spanish is the best language in the whole world

porque yo lo hablo :D

.... so say the Spanish speakers.

I like the countdown. I don't like the "Captain" bit, and the Hola's etc I'm undecided on. I think everyone will be divided on that. Loads will love it, loads will loath it.

Jack In The Box said:
god bless you Axver

spanish is the best language in the whole world

porque yo lo hablo :D

Actually, until today, I was pretty apathetic towards the Spanish language. Well, no more! Consider me converted! I'll probably be doing Bono's count-in for about the next ... few months or so!

The Spanish is cool, but the DJ (in any language) is just there because this is taped off the radio, right? :uhoh: Am I lame?

No, yo quiero el espagnol en Vertigo! (Did I say that right? Four years of taking Spanish, and I still don't know anything...) I agree that it makes it cooler. The "1,2,3...14" thing cracks me up. And it'll always remind me of the beloved Spaniards who provided the first leak with their little commentary over it. :)

U2Kitten said:
The Spanish is cool, but the DJ (in any language) is just there because this is taped off the radio, right? :uhoh: Am I lame?

Haven't you got the high quality one? I have two copies, one from Croatian radio with a DJ, and the higher quality U2Valencia.com one without any DJs.

I enjoyed the Spanish bits... it reminds me of the Spanish cover of the Sex Pistols at the end of the Million Dollar Hotel soundtrack... the song was awesome and had energy... sort of like Vertigo...

Its different... the Spanish bits and fun... I think the song wouldn't be as cool/ quaint without it...

The Spanish bits are some of my favorite parts of the song. I would give the song a LOWER grade if it lacked those bits. So I guess my grade balances out your lower score because of the Spanish. ;)

That said, I don't think I'd give this a 90/100 with or without the Spanish. More like an 85 (an 80 without the Spanish).

First of all my friends... can anyone say me where Bono sings in Spanish ?? :bono: He just count in Spanish "Un, Dos, Tres, Catorce", that´s all. Then in the Chorus those words "Hola" and "¿Dónde Está?" aren´t sang by Bono :yes:

Since Spanish is my language I loved this Spanish words inside the whole lyric of the song, and they´re truly great in the context of the song. I was thinking what about repeat "Hello" instead "Hola" and ask "Where is It?" instead "¿Dónde Está?" and the song is clearly not the same !!!!:rant:

actually is better with those few Spanish words !!!

El español es un idioma muy hermoso y expresivo
Spanish is a very beautiful and expressive language

:heart:

I think the Spanish is a really cool touch.
It kind of suggests a certain playfulness that wasn't in ATYCLB.

I love the Spanish...it's fun!!! Plus other languages are sexy. Japanese would have been the best, but the Spanish fits in the song... plus like others have said it's almost like a nod to the Spanish dudes who made the original crappy recordings :p

I also love the "captain" part.

AtomicBono said:
I love the Spanish...it's fun!!! Plus other languages are sexy. Japanese would have been the best, but the Spanish fits in the song... plus like others have said it's almost like a nod to the Spanish dudes who made the original crappy recordings :p

You're right. I think its so cool.

The spanish is awesome! It goes against the norm which they are known for!
I would have hated if they said it in english..it would have been too much like the ramones. They own one two three four...Also this album probably has a big influence from Spain and France so I wouldn't doubt if more songs have references from these countries. Imagine the Joshua Tree with no American Influence...it probably would not have given them the results they wanted.

ponkine said:

El español es un idioma muy hermoso y expresivo
Spanish is a very beautiful and expressive language

:heart:

y el más amplio, difícil de aprender y rico ;)

the hardest to learn

Back
Top Bottom