No DOUBT appreciation HERE!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

z edge

I serve MacPhisto
And I wouldn't doubt if they were reading this! They seem to be pretty big U2 fans!

Anyway, thanks to No Doubt for being IMO the best opening act for U2 since, hell, I can remember. I will go out on a limb and say (other than the Chilli Peppers at Slane) the best opening act ever!

Agree or disagree, thanks for putting on a great show, and having a lot of class and a lot of fun.

And thanks for being so friendly and putting up with my "construction worker" mentality over in the "horny corner"
wink.gif

Tom you will get all the U2&No Doubt pictures you can handle very soon!!!

I love you guys and gal
x
o
x
o
x
o

------------------
HEY BABY, HEY BABY- HEY !(GWEN)

Proud to be an INFIDEL

I have their new song stuck in my head right now...I feckin' love it!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I have to say..No Doubt is a rocking band live!..Having never seen then til the LA Shows..They are so much fun, and just plain down to earth people who just want to have fun. I have to agree with Z edge, they are the best opening act for U2 I have seen since joshua tree tour.
They are just as much in awe of U2 as we are, they are fans themselves. Just check out this journal entry from their website:

Time of our lives!
Hey Lambs,
It's me, G-loc here on a Saturday, doing overdubs in LA on our day off from the U2 tour. I think we might just be having the time of our lives. Not only did we have the best year ever making our new record, but we are also ending it on tour with a band that has been the soundtrack to our lives. All through our high school and college years, U2 had been there doing their thing. I have always respected and loved them but now with this touring experience it has gone to the next level. These guys are the real deal. We stepped on stage for our first time in over a year opening for them at Madison Square Garden in NYC. The show couldn't have been more intense. The energy of the city coming together after the tragedies of September 11th was gorgeous. I really felt lucky to be there with my best friends offering our music as a way to heal and distract from the confusion and pain of these times. Seeing U2 under normal circumstances is emotional enough, but with the combination of their music and a city in mourning, the words of the songs took on a whole new meaning. By the end of the concert everyone in the audience was in tears.
So much has happened since then. Tomorrow in Dallas will be our last show together. We are all sad to have this magical time end. I don't think I would feel this motivated about touring right now if it wasn't for being out with U2.
Tell you more about it later.
Love,
Gwen

[posted 11/24/2001 U.S.A.]

Cool..huh?

I just have a new appreciation for them now..

Peace all!

------------------
If you twist and turn away
If you tear yourself in two again
If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would
Let it go
Surrender
Dislocate

i just love gwen... saw them in la, they are hip cats.

------------------
"BONO'S PRAYER HEAVENS AIR"

Dont believe the devil i dont believe his book.

I chatted w/Tony in the Heart at Phx..told him he was 'righteous'-he understood..then we took a photo..

Gwen pointed at my 8yr old cuz she was holding a sign that read-

'WOW GWEN YOU'RE PRETTY!'

DB9

------------------
"...The big guy is made of STEEL." - Bono as we stood together on stage at Boston #4, June 9th, 2001.

---
-curious? click
links for
Bono/Dimon-
Bos.4 Story
Pics..

http://www.arizonaautoweb.com/bono/

http://members.aol.com/diamondbruno9/

So glad for this thread!

I have to admit, I was not a ND fan when I got U2 tickets. I REALLY wanted to see Garbage, as I like(d) their music more. But OMG. After the first show in Vegas, No Doubt completely changed my mind, and then second show I saw LA3 - at the rail), the made me into a fan. The two new songs they played, "Hey Baby" and "Undeniable" were two of the hightlights of their set, I thought, and had me rocking!!! I haven't heard the studio/CD versions, but I have a feeling they couldn't possibly top their live versions.

ND, like U2, seems to be best when seen live. They had an amazing energy, are great performers, seemed honestly humbled and amazed to be opening for U2, and Gwen is one HOT HOT HOT TAMALE!!!! DAMN I wish I had her cute little belly and her moves, whoa!
eek.gif

I hope for their sakes that by opening for U2, they have picked up even more fans, cos they truly deserve it. They were awesome. I hope that while touring for their own new album that they come to Dallas, because will definitely go see them!
biggrin.gif

Disco...I'm not coming down!

WHOOOHOOOO FOR NO DOUBT!
They did rock, thats for sure! I really loved them all 4 nights I saw them, and I now own their cd, and love it!
Hey! If anyone has a boot of one of their performances, let me know, I would love one!

and of course the one show I didn't see in NYC was the show they opened. oh well.

I have to say though, overall it seems the band choose some really good opening acts this leg. Garbage rocked and if you look back, there was a diary entry from Shirley Manson where she talked about the drummer being sick and Larry offering to fill in. Awww! It sounded like she was just as enamored with the band as we are. I guess it just proves it hard not to be a U2 fan.

I really enjoyed them-such ENERGY and enthusiasm in their performance-and Gwen seems like such a sweetheart.

Here's some Gwen pics for you z edge

00285697.jpg

43814.jpg

78525.jpg

00285705.jpg

And the whole group-hmm, what's up with the MacPhisto horns on his head
wink.gif

99864.jpg

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

Great photos Sicy and Gina Marie!
They really are a great band and its cool to read the entry on their website prior to the dallas show.

They really seem to be just fans like us and were out having a great time being moved by U2 just like the rest of us.

i love them and can't wait till they tour cause I WILL go see them.

BTW, as HOT HOT HOT as Gwen is, she is so sweet and friendly when you meet her face to face, the guys stay around her almost "protective" and i can't fault them because she is such a blessed soul you couldn't help wanting to keep an eye out for her. THe guys were real cool too, and they seemed to want to reach out to the fans as much as our little hottie GWEN.

God i love this band, almost as much as U2!!!1

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

I agree with everything you said-she's a sweet, down-to-earth gal. And that band rocks. I saw their new video online last night-and I love that song.

But I WILL fight her for you
wink.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Gina Marie:
I agree with everything you said-she's a sweet, down-to-earth gal. And that band rocks. I saw their new video online last night-and I love that song.

But I WILL fight her for you
wink.gif

And what would that do to your lovenest???

It better be one heck of a tree
wink.gif

Honestly, I wasn't absolutely crazy about the new video until after I saw the song live, now i loves it!

Originally posted by z edge:

And what would that do to your lovenest???

Well, there's certainly room for you
smile.gif

Didn't you read what I said about your pic in that other thread
eek.gif

------------------

Well, there's certainly room for you
smile.gif

Didn't you read what I said about your pic in that other thread
eek.gif

Yeah you are too sweet!

I am blushing because I really am modest and shy despite the moronic things i usually post here.

Those wonderful folks i met in dallas and austin will tell you that im a shy guy. Except at Fados in austin the night before when i was completely drunk but thats another story because i normally am sober and modest!

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Yeah you are too sweet!
I am blushing because I really am modest and shy despite the moronic things i usually post here.

I can tell that about you-that's why I like you
smile.gif

That's how I am too-shy and modest.

------------------

I can tell that about you-that's why I like you
smile.gif

That's how I am too-shy and modest.

Ya know we better stop before people start shouting "get a room"
wink.gif

Of course I could tell some stories though
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Ya know we better stop before people start shouting "get a room"
Of course I could tell some stories though

Oh my-my online 'flirting' could get me in a heap o'trouble - but the GOOD kind
wink.gif

I can't tell how old you are from that pic-but I'm definitely 'older' (please don't ask
frown.gif
)

You like 'older' women?? Well, Gwen is over 30, right?

Yeah, and I'm just as hot as she is too
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Woah, woah, sorry to interrupt, you two!
wink.gif

No Doubt rocks! They give the crowd so much freakin' energy- I love it.
And in Phoenix, I was right in front of Tom. He was so cool, just playing and even smiling at us a couple times! Then he gave all of us picks! It rocked! And I think Tom and Tony are hot mofos, so there.

No shit(e)??!!

I actually had a strange summer filled with 18 year olds and a couple of freaks here and there for variety and kink.

For instance, someone like Gwen, I couldn't tell you how old she is because her presence or aura does not present any age constrictions. She appears young even though I am aware she should be close to 30 as her band hit big time back in 96, and they were already a working band of a few years.

Myself I am 30 but I don't usually feel that age, don't believe I look it, and never ever act it!!!

(my mentality still needs changed every few hours
wink.gif
)

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Myself I am 30 but I don't usually feel that age, don't believe I look it, and never ever act it!!!

Well, you DEFINITELY don't look it-I thought you were around 22 or 23-seriously, I did!

I don't act mine either-over 30-and I hope I don't look it.

And I don't believe that 18 yr, old stuff hon
wink.gif
I'm sure you have too many ladies your age or older clamoring for you .

------------------

OK-I've turned this thread into my z-edge appreciation thread
wink.gif

But I just looked it up-Gwen is 32-her b-day is October 3, 1969. Yay!

------------------

OK-I've turned this thread into my z-edge appreciation thread
wink.gif

But I just looked it up-Gwen is 32-her b-day is October 3, 1969. Yay!

Good job GM, that is hard to believe because Gwen (like you im sure) just dosen't look/act 32. Not that 32 is old or anything. I think it goes back to what i said earlier-I'll say it again: Gwen transcendes the age barrier. You don't associate her with an "age".

Now I am sad because i missed her birthday
frown.gif

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Originally posted by SicilianGoddess:
Shut up you are not 30.

You bet your sweet you-know-what i am
wink.gif

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Good job GM, that is hard to believe because Gwen (like you im sure) just dosen't look/act 32.
Now I am sad because i missed her birthday
frown.gif

Thanks to you, I'm very distracted today, and not getting anything done
wink.gif

I'm sad cause you missed MY b-day too
wink.gif

Hey-no fair-Gwen has Gavin-she can't have you too. I hope I'm not scaring you-I guess we both 'come out of our shells' on here.

Just remember to send her a card next year.

------------------

Thanks to you, I'm very distracted today, and not getting anything done
wink.gif

I'm sad cause you missed MY b-day too
wink.gif

Hey-no fair-Gwen has Gavin-she can't have you too. I hope I'm not scaring you-I guess we both 'come out of our shells' on here.

Just remember to send her a card next year.

Sorry I missed your b-day, happy belated!

Next year, I am gonna book a cruise for Gwen & I on her birthday.

Of course I have to find a way to ruin Gavin's career and destroy his credibility first
wink.gif

only kidding!

But maybe i should introduce Henry Rollins to mr Gavin Bush
wink.gif

------------------

Proud to be an INFIDEL

Sorry I missed your b-day, happy belated!

Thanks-but next year, I want a kiss
eek.gif

And I saw what you said in PLEBA-watch out, or I'll start a thread on there w/ your pics.

On second thought-no way, cause I want you all to myself
wink.gif

------------------

Back
Top Bottom