No Australia on World Cup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

follower

Refugee
So Uruguay made it? That's the reason why there are some fireworks here right now, lots of people from Uruguay live in my city. Well, I'm sorry for the Aussies as well, but I should say congrats to my neighbours!
wink.gif

Always destined to be a game short of it...in reality it feels like weve gone backwards since 97...perhaps the scoreline means it wont be as hard to swallow in the coming months. Still, i speak for all Australia when i say

BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER BUGGER
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

since Holland didn't qualify the World Cup has turned into a farce anyway

biggrin.gif

------------------
Salome
Shake it, shake it, shake it

The score was 3:0, but the game was a bit different. First half Uruguay was much better and they scored 1 goal, but in the 2nd Australia had the game in their hands, they had much shots at goal, and than uruguay scored from free kick. 3rd goal was in the finish in counterattack so... Australia played good, and much better than 4 yrs ago but...

Salome, WC will be magnificent for Croatia is there together with france and argentina... (can I have your smiley please?). Netherlands would not make the WC better b/c they realy play awfull last few years...

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeours
they wait for their turn to meet me..." - Me, 2001.

Originally posted by Marko:
Salome, WC will be magnificent for Croatia is there together with france and argentina... (can I have your smiley please?). Netherlands would not make the WC better b/c they realy play awfull last few years...

Aaaaaaahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!
The truth hurts!
mad.gif

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

soccer has been awful the last few years

more cricket please

------------------
Salome

And Formula 1 auto-racing!

C ya!

Marty

------------------
People criticize me but I know it's not the end
I try to kick the truth, not just to make friends

Spearhead - People In Tha Middle

Now guys... why in world are you so bitter? Football is better than ever - figo, zidane, recoba, schevchenko, raoul, del piero, van nistelroy, beckham, toti, owen, pires, henry, veron...

this wc is going to be closest yet - everyone plays football theese days, you can't count out any nation - nigeria, turkey, china...
my god I'm going to enyoj it like never before

I never liked cricket very much. In fact so much that I watched it just once...
but today is happy day for me - croatian skier won his first ski cup slalom in aspen - and he started only 64th - so it's a record.
He is the brother of last years womens ski cup champion

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous

ah well, it looked like a draw because of rain all the way

still 3 more to go (right?)

------------------
Salome

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimsom sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

Originally posted by Marko:
Now guys... why in world are you so bitter? Football is better than ever - figo, zidane, recoba, schevchenko, raoul, del piero, van nistelroy, beckham, toti, owen, pires, henry, veron...
icon36.gif

<==A fan of Zidane

when did Zidane ever hit a ton+?

------------------
Salome

Salome: what's a ton+
I know he scored two goals in wc finals 4 yrs age
He is not my favorite player, but he is great - better than any player from the netherland squad

I feel bad for Australia, but since I'm Latin I'm glad another Latin Team qualified. That makes 6 Latin teams going to the World cup. I know Argentina is going too, but I don't consider them Latin, they're European snobs.

I hope Brasil gets there act together by the time the World Cup Starts. Come on guys! How can a team with so many super stars be under achieving so much?

I think Canada will win...oh that's right, we're the most pathetic soccer nation in the world. Never mind.

------------------
"Good men die unhappily. Bad men die unluckily. THAT's tragedy." --Tom Stoppard

Adam: Look guys, I got a Springfield spoon for my spoon collection.
Edge: Oh boy, here we go...
Bono: Wow, how many is that now Adam?
Adam: Nine. If I didn't have my spoons, I'd go insane.
Bono: Can I see it?
*adam gives bono the spoon, bono throws it away*
Adam: My spoon!

Come on Popfly get your chin up... you will lear it once - look at slovenia

------------------
"Everyone loves me
everyone thinks I'm georgeous

Woo Hoooo- Bring on the South African Test Series- that will be good, as long as they dont play anywhere it is raining, I really hate it when the cricket gets stopped becasue of rain, cricket is all about watching it whilst you are swealtering, drinking beer and becoming slightly troppo in the hot sun and the rain just sucks.....so anyone going to go to any of the one dayers???? I will be sure to make it to the Gabba for a day of cricket excitement and I have a bunch of Sth African friends who will be joining me which will make for one great day, all I hope is that the competition is good and it dosn't bloody rain
smile.gif

Originally posted by U2@NYC:
Seconds,

So we are snobbish Europeans, huh?

Maybe you can be kind enough to tell me why you think that?.

P.

He probably says that b/c all argentina playeras are playing in europe unlike Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Recoba, Cafu, Ze Roberto, Denilson, Salas etc. And you are snobs b/c you don't let the second rate players in your national team - you always call up only the best and that's not fair
biggrin.gif

I realy don't get his remark - it's kind of stupid init?

I would love to be able to watch a day of a test between Australia and SAouth Africa

------------------
Salome

Originally posted by U2@NYC:
Seconds,

So we are snobbish Europeans, huh?

Maybe you can be kind enough to tell me why you think that?

P.

I had forgotten I had posted those comments. Actually they do sound kind of harsh. I didn't mean to rub anyone the wrong way. By the way I am from Canada. But I'm also Latin. And I went out with an Argentine girl for more than 4 years.

I don't mean to generalize but for the most part most Argentinians don't consider themselves Latin in the sense that Venezuelans, Mexicans, Salvadorans consider themselves Latin. Even my gf and her family ackowledged this. There are some great non-arrogant Argentines outhere, my gf and her family was one of them, but most of the other ones I've met have this sense of "I am From Argentia, therefore I am superior to you Latin People. How dare you compare yourself to me you Indian Scum, My Dad is from Italia, My mom from Germany, My grandma From Sweden and my aunt from Spain." Well, maybe I'm exagerating a bit there
smile.gif

This is nothing new, I think. Atleast here in the Latin community it is something that is well known. Argentines Don't blend with any other other community but themselves. But come on U2@NYC, you're not going to tell me this is the first time you've ever heard Argentines being described as arrogant and as having as sense of superiority compared to Latin countries?

Anyways, I think i'm going to rub you the wrong way agan. Sorry about that. I don't mean to start an argument here.

Back
Top Bottom