NLOTH Reviews Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Only review to actually get me mildly excited about the album. Great stuff.

That's one exciting review, Bono's lyrics sound far more inspired and evocative on this album, a big relief for me as I thought those on the previous album sounded far too generic, they lacked conviction IMO and ended up sounding a little hollow. I'm really pleased he's adopted this new angle, it seems to have giving him more room to manoeuvre.

She's a blogger, she didn't write it for a professional magazine or newspaper, she wrote it for her own personal blog. Plus anybody who names their blog after a Simpsons's reference is awesome in my book.

how did she get to hear it if she's just a blogger?

it's pretty hard to get press passes and stuff for blogs, unless she is a journalist as well

lucky lady!

u2 need this video out big time.

p.s Will u2.com give use a 30 sec clip of each track before the albums release ? I heard talk of that.

how did she get to hear it if she's just a blogger?

it's pretty hard to get press passes and stuff for blogs, unless she is a journalist as well

She occasionaly does stuff for Defamer Australia and I imagine they are the ones who got the press pass but probably passed it off to her.

She occasionaly does stuff for Defamer Australia and I imagine they are the ones who got the press pass but probably passed it off to her.

that is great! i thought her review was really sweet and refreshing! it was like she was trying real hard not be too enthusiastic and excited but just couldn't quite manage to completely suppress it hehe

i wish someone would answer the question about whether or not the first riff from the Lanois film made it to the album.

i wouldn't say fraud......just carefully crafting an opinion sounding like fact based on the little bits of knowledge at the time and having a ball with it..thus tricking people into thinking the loris is some insider. not that i have a problem with it per se because some discussion is generated as a result which is fine by me, anytime theres actual discussion as opposed to zomg theres 322 people in this thread!!

Thanks to all the people finding these reviews. They all seem to be along the same lines and are quite positive about what's coming. Maybe for once the pre-release hype from within Hanover Quay hasn't been bullshit.

“3:33 in the morning and the numbers dropped off the clockface”

This has to be some sort of reference to the ATYCLB album cover!

i wouldn't say fraud......just carefully crafting an opinion sounding like fact based on the little bits of knowledge at the time and having a ball with it..thus tricking people into thinking the loris is some insider. not that i have a problem with it per se because some discussion is generated as a result which is fine by me, anytime theres actual discussion as opposed to zomg theres 322 people in this thread!!

OMG!!11 96!!111 :wink:

Boots - weakest track, why first single?

So after 1 listen, I couldn't be more excited to own this darn thing. Quote a gloomy album but sums u the times beautifully...

Thank you Walt for your review.

I have one caution though.

Your comment about GOYB being the worst track on the album. Could it be that you've now heard GOYB so many times that in comparison to the freshness or "new-ness" of the rest of the album, GOYB sounds "old"?

That is to say, perhaps after a few more listens to the entire album, suddenly GOYB doesn't stand out as a "weakest track".

I recall loving much of "Pop" on the first listen. Then as time progressed, I wasn't as enamored. Some songs I still enjoy, but others have fallen away quickly for me.

As I enjoy GOYB, if indeed this is the "weakest track" then I'm excited for the album. However, reality tells me I'll love some, hate others and mostly just enjoy the rest. :)

Thanks to all the people finding these reviews. They all seem to be along the same lines and are quite positive about what's coming. Maybe for once the pre-release hype from within Hanover Quay hasn't been bullshit.

“3:33 in the morning and the numbers dropped off the clockface”

This has to be some sort of reference to the ATYCLB album cover!

well the ATYCLB album cover has the biblical reference, no? J 33-3 meaning Jeremiah chapter 33 verse 3 which basically says

"'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.''

Also, a quick google search of this will yield that some people think it's "God's phonenumber" which lends credence to the already likely theory that the unknown caller that's buzzing the cellphone that's going nuts is God.

:)

Read the boards all the time but never comment but I have to say all these reviews have me out of my head. I really think that U2 liked the 90's style but missed being "big". So...they make ATYCLB and Bomb (which I like) to gain back momentum and go back (or foward) noe that they have their mantle back. All in all I can't waaaaaaiiiiiiiit.

I don't know if this has been said, but the Baby baby baby lyric in Crazy tonight must mean that this is beach clip 5.

Santiago

Also, a quick google search of this will yield that some people think it's "God's phonenumber" which lends credence to the already likely theory that the unknown caller that's buzzing the cellphone that's going nuts is God.

What, even God has had enough of the cheesy lyrics too? :D

Thanks btw, biblical references are not my strong point at all.

I'm so glad they dumped Rubin...

Edge did say they kept those songs "out of deference". And wasn't there a post a short while ago that Edge played some of the new songs to Rubin ?

Maybe they will work on the supposed fast follow up to NLOTH.

These reviews are great. I hope they keep trickling out for the next couple weeks.

The delay on the official video is annoying because it means u2.com will use that as an excuse for their next update and we won't get a behind the scenes video or something else that we haven't seen yet.

well the ATYCLB album cover has the biblical reference, no? J 33-3 meaning Jeremiah chapter 33 verse 3 which basically says

"'Call to Me and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.''

and the clockface in question is a digital clock on the phone where in reality hes just mistaking gods number for the time

this is most certainly the best review i've read yet... and love the "crap title equals killer track" line.

there are some shitty song titles on this album, but if the song is good, who gives a crap? u2's best work usually revolves around crappy, way too long for a song title song titles.

U2 started having awkward or bulky titles since UF. "A Sort of a Homecoming"?? "Elvis Presley and America"? Shift to JT and we have those long-ass titles leading off the album. Trend continues on AB and so forth.

Yet, most of those long or awkward titles have meant some great songs, like "Where the Streets Have No Name". Of course, some aren't my favorite ("If God Will Send His Angels" - uh, no), but I know others like them.

While reviews are fun, I need the album myself. I can wait. :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom