NLOTH Reviews Pt 2

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Walt should be earning major Interference renown for this. Like LMF renown, I would imagine.

LMF=international hero

Walt should be earning major Interference renown for this. Like LMF renown, I would imagine.

LMF=international hero

How about like fake Edge :lol:

(I still think he was the real Edge since Elvis said he confirmed it via phone-- and that they decided to scrap the Edge on Interference experiment when he made that terrorist comment)

If only I were here for the days of fake Edge...

only the stories remain, passed down from generation to generation.:heart:

(I still think he was the real Edge since Elvis said he confirmed it via phone-- and that they decided to scrap the Edge on Interference experiment when he made that terrorist comment)

Bono did say that Edge spends a lot of time on the Internet, back in 2001 when they webcasted Elevation South Bend...

fresh%20smilie.gif

\random

Haha! Back in one of my earlier incarnations I was here for that, and I remember fake edge answering one of my posts. That was truly an awesome day for me! And then came the awful hangover when I found out it was all fake.

I wonder if the band members realize how much joy and longing they would create with 10 minutes of their free time spent on the blue crack...
:drool:

Fill us in, Fake Edge was....

Someone posed as The Edge, and the forum administrators supposedly confirmed it was him. Interference went bonkers and hung out en masse in every thread he posted it...

I wonder if the band members realize how much joy and longing they would create with 10 minutes of their free time spent on the blue crack...
:drool:

We don't want to get the band addicted, too, do we? Bono wouldn't be able to write about moles digging in soulful holes as much.

Fill us in, Fake Edge was....

A guy started posting with The Edge username sometime between 2003-2004. Everyone thought he was a fake, but then the person who ran Interference at the time, Elvis, said he confirmed that it was really The Edge via a phone conversation. The Edge posted for about a week or so on Interference, answering some questions here and there.

Then someone made a nasty comment in one of the threads he was posting in. The Edge responded by equating that poster to a terrorist who throws a bomb into a crowd of people. After that everyone didn't want to believe it was the real Edge because they thought it was such a stupid comment to make.

It wasn't too long after that incident that Elvis said it wasn't really The Edge and U2's PR released a statement to that effect.

A guy started posting with The Edge username sometime between 2003-2004. Everyone thought he was a fake, but then the person who ran Interference at the time, Elvis, said he confirmed that it was really The Edge via a phone conversation. The Edge posted for about a week or so on Interference, answering some questions here and there.

Then someone made a nasty comment in one of the threads he was posting in. The Edge responded by equating that poster to a terrorist who throws a bomb into a crowd of people. After that everyone didn't want to believe it was the real Edge because they thought it was such a stupid comment to make.

It wasn't too long after that incident that Elvis said it wasn't really The Edge and U2's PR released a statement to that effect.

Epic.

I bet Elvis was on cloud nine for a bit, thinking he had talked via phone to Edge.

Sounds like a high-level conspiracy/cover-up.

And the story passes on to a new generation...

I like the part "didn't want to believe..."

Like I said before, I still think it was him. I don't think Elvis is that stupid. It went horribly wrong so soon after he started posting that they had to save face somehow.

In any event, its probably best that the band members don't post here :D

That's hilarious

and tragic

In fact, I remember now. I had started a threat about Pop v. ATYCLB (I was stupid, yes) basically saying that I liked both, which seemed rare for this board. Fake edge posted in the thread saying something to the effect that all of his albums are like his "children" and he loves them all. He totally had me!

The bastard.

It's fun to be huddled around the fake Edge campfire, but no fun to stay up way too late...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom