NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Breathe is useful if for no other reason then its 3/4 time signature will probably lure U2 into playing Acrobat live.

And it's a good song!

Also: see U2? non 4/4 isn't that bad.

Magnificent is so awe-inspiring that I count every other song on the album as gravy.

Best song since Achtung Baby with no question.

Wow im getting tingles reading all your reviews!!!
I cant wait to listen... tomorrow. Holy shit this is so exciting !!!:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Cedars is surprisingly great. Fez-Being Born is trippy and Zooropa-esque.
White as Snow, Breath and Stand Up Comedy are my least favoritest so far.
Which means they'll probably be my favorites in a week.

For those of you who know the band James, I think Unknown Caller has a James vibe. I mean that in a good way, it's mainly from the Eno vibe and the tech venacular lyrics...

Can't decide what's better breathe or mos. This whole thing will take forever to process.. So many layers of awesome:drool:

In a glorious way, this album marks the beginning of the final U2 chapter - a band at peace w/ God and itself but NOT content to rest and drift away, or (as Nigel Tufnel once said) to tread water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry. I've always hoped U2 would follow the Johnny Cash route and take it up a notch w/ age and this proves it.

This is U2's least self-conscious record since TJT. AB is a classic mind you but that album and every album since then has had an element of U2 managing its image through its rather than letting the music manage its image ... not so much w/ this record (expect for Bono mocking his activism).

Moment of Surrender blew me away. This is one the most subtle and deeply spiritual works they've every done. Not at all preachy but a deep well. Think about the scene about the ATM scene and the vision/visionary lyric and read 2 Corinthians 4:18:
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
And for the passerby lyric ... read the parable of the Good Samaritan. (Luke 10:25-37) One the most beautiful things in the scriptures is that Jesus' ministry was mostly done through interruptions. He didn't give a crap about appointments! We are all passersby but he (like the Good Samaritan) stopped to give the least of these the time of day. The people who were touched were not the "righteous" but the humble, weak and broken who had faith in their own moment of surrender.

U2 is so epic (and this album may be remembered as epic) because they understand that music is a bridge to the eternal and to truths that can't be put in words. It's not about them (in spite of Bono's ego) but about something beyond them. Their music has a scent of something much more beyond what we see ... Magnificent!

so i just listened to the first four songs, and a journey was taken.

it's extraordinary, especially that unknown caller.

just ... wow.

the world is now a different place.

Breathe is useful if for no other reason then its 3/4 time signature will probably lure U2 into playing Acrobat live.

And it's a good song!

Also: see U2? non 4/4 isn't that bad.

Just started hearing that song, Acrobat was the first thing that came to my mind upon hearing the intro.

In a glorious way, this album marks the beginning of the final U2 chapter - a band at peace w/ God and itself but NOT content to rest and drift away, or (as Nigel Tufnel once said) to tread water in a sea of retarded sexuality and bad poetry. I've always hoped U2 would follow the Johnny Cash route and take it up a notch w/ age and this proves it.

This is U2's least self-conscious record since TJT. AB is a classic mind you but that album and every album since then has had an element of U2 managing its image through its rather than letting the music manage its image ... not so much w/ this record (expect for Bono mocking his activism).

Moment of Surrender blew me away. This is one the most subtle and deeply spiritual works they've every done. Not at all preachy but a deep well. Think about the scene about the ATM scene and the vision/visionary lyric and read 2 Corinthians 4:18:
"So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."
And for the passerby lyric ... read the parable of the Good Samaritan. (Luke 10:25-37) One the most beautiful things in the scriptures is that Jesus' ministry was mostly done through interruptions. He didn't give a crap about appointments! We are all passersby but he (like the Good Samaritan) stopped to give the least of these the time of day. The people who were touched were not the "righteous" but the humble, weak and broken who had faith in their own moment of surrender.

U2 is so epic (and this album may be remembered as epic) because they understand that music is a bridge to the eternal and to truths that can't be put in words. It's not about them (in spite of Bono's ego) but about something beyond them. Their music has a scent of something much more beyond what we see ... Magnificent!

Wow, very nice review.

:applaud:

good night.

thank you.

once again, my life is profoundly affected by four men from Dublin. this will be the sound of the next few years of my life.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom