NLOTH FULL ALBUM - Shamelessly Immediate Review Thread (DISCUSSION ONLY)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Magnificent was OK on first listen... didn't jump out at me... but Moment of Surrender is royally growing. Especially when it gets a little gospel-y at maybe 4 minutes in?

I'm also so used to NLOTH2 that 1 seems weird at first...

Edge solo in Magnifcient :fire:

I'll review my internet connection for now: IT SUCKS!!!! :mad:

Still on 27%. :sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad::sad:

:scream:

damnnnn i'm still downloading the album , it's so slow, you are killing me people i wanna hear it.....

Well I am listening now..and man I am not lying when I do this emote :combust: I thought I loved HTDAAB 4 years ago when it came out...but man this one is kicking its ass so far :reject:...more later once I am finished...MAGNIFICENT!!!!..the album is :):hyper:

Didn't expect to like Moment of Surrender. My God, what a gorgeous song.
And it's a gospel song. Or a heroin song. Or sumpin' like that.
WOW.

Moment of Surrender does not sound long, at all. I'm 5 minutes in, it just whizzed by me.

you guys are cracking me up....fuck this is exciting.......

LM, was anything in that post of yours for real? haha

I also must say the mixing of the album is much better then the previous 2 records it doesnt seem to be mixed loud...isnt hard to listen to on headphones.

MOS chorus sounds forced to me and doesn't go with the rest of the song which is unfortunate. Maybe its a grower.

This might sound like a weird thing to compliment, but I love the humming in "Stand UP". That song isn't as thin and throwaway as I thought it would be.

Every song is unique -- in that it doesn't sound like anything U2 has done before -- but it's very cohesive. It really sounds like an evolution of musicianship to me. Is musicianship a word?

Love the organ in UC.... not sure about the rest of it, yet... I am starting to think this is going to take a half dozen listens to really get through and into...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom